Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction
Fan Art & Fiction Graphic & Literary works bound only by the imagination

Notices

Old July 9th, 2016, 07:34 PM
He should definitely get that. (#4)

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Book of Valhalla Fan Art and Fiction

Quote:
In the darkness and the dust, you hear a click. Faint, yet audible in the thickening silence. A pause. Another metallic click. The darkness begins to lessen. You couldn't describe it as a light, no; merely a lessening of the darkness. A shape, uncoiling itself as if from long sleep. A faint whir of machinery grinding back into action, hesitantly, ponderously. You can almost hear the object's thoughts: is now the time? Is it to begin anew? Memory pathways reignite, unused circuits fire back into action. Bulbs flicker, die briefly, then reignite once more, flaring into life once again. A faint blue glow emanates from the object, dispelling the darkness as the form rises, shaking the dust from itself. A head slowly straightens, revealing two eyes, which lock onto your face and hold your gaze. Only one thought is in your mind as you stare into the unfathomable gaze:
I am back.
No idea why I did that.

At any event, the index is getting a makeover, for as long as my sudden spurt of interest lasts. I have converted the main index over to a Google Sheet, which is now open for viewing. Not that viewing is easy, given the size, but it is possible. You are able to sort by name, author, rating, votes, and status now. There is also a separate tab for short fictions.
Additionally, you can see the rating PM list, which is what I've been using to track who to message for what when I collect ratings. The list has not been used for some time, and may be out of date. You can also see the redlist.
The index is not completely linked up (which will take some time). If you would like to help out in that department, let me know and I will give you access.

~TGRF.

UPDATE: Added The Morsbane Chronicles to the index, found via blog.
UPDATE: I make no promises of any shape or form whatsoever, but I might be coming back briefly to write a fan fiction. I do not know what it will be or when. And I make no promises. But it is a possibility.
Old October 5th, 2016, 02:43 PM

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'm coming.

Code 4114 is on the way. I'd like to rename it, but I haven't been able to find a suitable title yet. The writing has begun!

~TGRF.
Old January 9th, 2017, 03:36 PM

UPDATE: I've finally fixed the buggy Google Docs spreadsheet so that it runs smoother and won't glitch your browser into next week. You can now view safely, and without a five minute pause upon scrolling.
UPDATE: I've added the Fan Art Index to the Google Index and removed the previous version.
UPDATE: I have added The Moon has Wings to the index.
Old April 14th, 2017, 09:05 PM

I had a spare hour, so I went through the last ten pages of this forum, and indexed all the fan fiction I found, updating the links. I also found some new ones:
  • First Encounters - I have no idea how I missed this, it must have been right in front of me for a long time. Looks interesting; a compilation of short pieces on individual characters.
  • No Glory that was Grut - Another short tale from The Deadliest Warrior that got missed.
  • A good portion of the entries now have links.
  • Updated the status of 4114 to 'coming soon' Why not?
~TGRF.
Old April 27th, 2017, 01:43 AM

UPDATE: Updated Soul of Calradia rating to pending, put A Chance of Success into the index, and removed From the Ashes from the PM list.

~TGRF.

Last edited by TGRF; May 12th, 2017 at 03:44 PM.
Old May 13th, 2017, 02:15 PM

UPDATE: The Google Spreadsheet now includes an author ranking, based on the average of all of the ratings of an author's works. There are four levels instead of the previous three:
  • Legendary. The author averages 9+.
  • Gold. The author averages 8+.
  • Silver. The author averages 7+.
  • Bronze. The author averages 6+.
In addition, short stories will contribute to an author's rank, and multiple authors can now have the same rank. The rankings can be found under the 'Authors' tab in the Index. The previous index is still in place, and will be until I can collect all of the information it has and put it on the Google Spreadsheet.

~TGRF.

UPDATE: All writing endeavors are temporarily on hold while I try to work out some new information about writing which has come to light.
UPDATE: Updated the status of The Moon has Wings to completed, and added a slot for it in the PM list.
UPDATE: My writing process is being rewritten. You can follow the progress in my sig. Once it is complete I can begin working on fan fiction again.
UPDATE: My novel has taken over my writing practices at the moment. I still intend to release the fan fiction I've promised, I just can't make any promises about when. I will keep you updated.
UPDATE: My newest and likely final fan fiction is under development. At the moment it spans three separate installments, in order to test my new structure for creating series.
UPDATE: I have finally deduced why the structure wasn't coming together the way it should. Unfortunately, while it means I'm now doing things the right way, it also means that I have to start over the fan fiction. However, in addition to being stronger for the change, it should allow for infinite novels (this is the whole point of the series structure), meaning I can always come back to it at any moment and write another installment.
UPDATE: I have found a new central core for my next fan fiction. It took a long time to find, but it was worth it; I've done it correctly this time. I will be able to create an infinite series, meaning I can drop by and add another installment to it at any time.

The tentative title for this series is Aquilla's War. I am currently developing the series, which, now that I have the proper core, shouldn't take too long. Once the series is developed, then the framework will be in place for me to develop the individual fictions. Theoretically, because I will have developed the series first, a large chunk of development will already be done when it comes to the individual fictions. This means I could potentially write them very quickly. Time will tell.
UPDATE: Setting tweaks have revealed that the previous title will no longer work. Development is underway.
UPDATE: A split between central goals revealed an error in the setting - the foundation of the story. I have now changed the setting, meaning I had to start over.
UPDATE: I'm reworking the central core of the story - the part that everything is based on. Because I'm still using the same theme however, this just redefines the characters and the story itself, the development of the goal and problem remains the same. So it is and is not a major overhaul.
UPDATE: I'm now working on the subcharacters and subplots. Because I've never done this before, I'm having to create the process as I go. That combined with the fact that it involves a lot of repetitive speculation means it's taking a long time. I have also recently fixed something in the main conflict which was bugging me. I was successful, but unfortunately I also discovered that the instigating event (the event that sets the whole conflict off) was not what it should be. So the event is now being redone, the character it creates reworked, and the event itself redeveloped. That will not take as long as it sounds. Hopefully.
UPDATE: I have found a title for my newest fan fiction: By Any Other Path. I am nearing completion of the development. The subplots are raising a few internal problems, but nothing I haven't seen before. In time they will work themselves out. Once that happens it's on to the outline, and then the writing. The series is coming.
UPDATE: New information has come to light, and there may be a few things I need to include into the development. This may or may not require a complete restart, depending on how central the changes are - I'm hoping not.
UPDATE (11-16-17): I am currently occupied in developing Horizon in Sight, which is Dan's tale. This will be structured like an infinite series, but I plan on ending it after three or four installments. After that, my plan is to write my final fan fiction, which will also be an infinite series, and which I do not plan on ending. Theoretically I should be able to drop by at any point and just keep adding to it. At the same time, I am also developing the world for my novels (also an infinite series). Presently that means figuring out how the magic works. You can watch the progress of all three in my sig.
UPDATE (11-16-17): Removed Code 4114, added Horizon in Sight.
UPDATE (11-23-17): Following a brief dive into the then-stuck theme of my novels, I have finally emerged victorious with a better iteration of how to show the theme. I am duly working it through at least some of the first phase - just enough to make sure it's working properly. I should get back to Horizon soon.
UPDATE: Added Significance to the index, under 'Short Fictions'.
UPDATE: Added EL's Kaya: Vendetta to the index, coming soon.
UPDATE: Added TAF's The Book of TheAverageFan and LO's Lazy Orang's Short Stories to the index.
UPDATE: Added Angi's Art to the Fan Art index.
UPDATE: Updated the status on Kaya:Vendetta and Horizon in Sight. Added The Creeping Evil to Short Stories. Added Heroscape Alignment Posters and TrueMurray's Tourney Art to Fan Art.
UPDATE: Hid Rating PM Sheet to protect identities of those supplying ratings. Also because it was severely out of date.
UPDATE: Added Lady Heroscape's Art to the art index.
UPDATE: Added the rating for Horizon in Sight to the index. Have not updated the author ratings.
UPDATE: Applied HiS's rating to the author ratings.

Last edited by TGRF; June 22nd, 2019 at 05:03 PM.
Old June 23rd, 2019, 02:21 PM

UPDATE: All fiction ratings have been double checked, and the author rating updated.
UPDATE: Removed the double entry for To Walk the Halls of Fear. Now only counted as a normal fan fiction (not a short).
UPDATE: Added TenWorlds to the author list.
UPDATE: Removed By Any Other Path from the index. I will add individual stories as I find their titles. Stories will be posted separately, rather than in one large series thread.
UPDATE: Updated Author Ratings to be based on formulas tied directly to the fiction rating. Updated the Author Ratings sheet to compensate.
UPDATE: The rating PM list should once again be hidden.
UPDATE: Edited OP to clarify that the old listings for fan fiction are out of date. The excel spreadhseet is the only listing of fan fiction which is up to date.
UPDATE: Updated ratings to Indy and First Encounters, and updated author ratings accordingly.
UPDATE: Updated the rating to The Promise, and updated the author ratings accordingly.
UPDATE: Added Dilmir to the index, and updated my author rating accordingly: 8.5, up from 8.49.
UPDATE: Added Personal Challenge: TGRF to the index. Not going to collect ratings for single-chapter compilations.
UPDATE: Added Rise of the Valkyrie to the index. I plan on just putting all three fictions into the same thread. One thread for each series.
UPDATE: Added a link for Kit: Young Ninja.
UPDATE: Updated the rating for Kit: Young Ninja, to 8.2 up from 8. Correspondingly updated Orcs Blade's author rating to 8.267 up from 8.167. Re-hid the rating PM list.
UPDATE (4-17-20): Updated the rating for Rise of the Valkyrie - Utgar, renamed from just Rise of the Valkyrie, and updated status. Updated my author rating accordingly, down to 8.47 from 8.5. Re-hid rating PM list.
UPDATE (9-15-20): Updated the OP.
UPDATE (5-19-21): Updated the rating to A Chance of Success (up to 7.33 from 7). While updating my author rating (up to 8.49 from 8.47), I realized that the formulas calculating author rating were messed up, and fixed them. Authors with more recent fictions might have a slight rating change as a result.
UPDATE (5-19-21): Added Valkyrie to the index, and updated both it's and Rise of the Valkyrie - Utgar's ratings. Updated my author rating to match (down to 8.39 from 8.49).
UPDATE (9-2-21): All fictions are now linked, thanks to my accidental discovery of the archive. Except for Zombies: The End, which, being in a different forum, I am unable to locate. I might look through the archive for more fictions to add if I have the time.
UPDATE (9-5-21): Added Compass of the Spring.
UPDATE (11-24-21): Some minor formatting updates.
UPDATE (1-06-22): Finally located Bassist's zombie story (Zombies - The End), and updated the link for it. Was not able to send out a rating PM because I'm sure it's been way too long since anyone read it (If I'm wrong please let me know and drop a rating). Re-hid the rating PM sheet.
UPDATE (1-06-22): I'm going to slowly go through the fan fic contest and add the results to the index here. Everything will be in a new tab (Competitive). Results posts for each challenge will be linked, and the number of wins (and placements) for each author who has won will be shown, as well as their competitive rating. I would like to very belatedly congratulate BassistofDoom for being the first author to win three challenges.
UPDATE (1-15-22): Some minor updates to the rating PM list - found a 12 rating in there somehow on one of my fictions, knocked it down to a 10. My rating is down to 8.36 from 8.39. Rehid the Rating PM list.
UPDATE (3-26-22): Updated the rating to The Moon has Wings, now a 7. TAF is now a silver author!
UPDATE: (3-30-22): Updated the rating for The Moon has Wings, now an 8, up from 7. TAF is now a gold author, with an average of 8!
UPDATE (4-12-22): Added The Curse of Feylund to the index.
UPDATE (4-16-22): Updated the rating to The Curse of Feylund. Updated my author rating accordingly. One of these days TAF, I'll make you rate higher!
UPDATE (4-30-22): Updated the rating for Grey to 3.5 from 2. Updated TDW's author rating accordingly.
UPDATE (5-2-22): Updated the rating for Ceasefire to 6.25 from 6. Updated Gold1's author rating accordingly.
UPDATE (5-5-22): Updated the rating for The Price of Un-Life, to 5 from 6. Updated AraazGrimm's author rating accordingly.
UPDATE (5-7-22): Updated the rating for Compass of the Spring, to 3. Updated dragonfire9788's rating accordingly.
UPDATE (5-11-22): Updated the rating for First Encounters, to 5.
UPDATE (5-11-22): Updated the rating for Dragon Den Adventure, to 7. Updated S1R ART0R1US's rating accordingly.
UPDATE (5-11-22): Updated the N/A rating to reflect un-ratable items. Updated some N/A items to 'Pending' instead as a result of this change.
UPDATE (5-13-22): Updated the rating for The Gene Chronicles, to 3. Updated Fi Skirata's rating accordingly.
UPDATE (5-18-22): Updated the rating for Journey of the Elves, to 5. Updated Horde Lorde's rating accordingly.
UPDATE (5-23-22): Updated the rating for Johnny's One-Off Fan Fics, to 7. Updated johnny139's author rating accordingly. Also updated the rating for The Land of Shadow, to 6. Updated OB's author rating, down to 7.51 from 8.26.
UPDATE (5-28-22): Updated the rating for Lazy Orang's Short Stories, to 7. LO now has an author rating!
UPDATE (5-28-22): Updated the rating for The Morsbane Chronicles, to an 8. Finrod now has an author rating!
UPDATE (5-31-22): Updated the ratings for Sir Fellswain Voldaren, to a 5, and for Personal Challenge: TGRF, to an 8. Updated author ratings accordingly.
UPDATE (5-31-22): Updated the rating for Personal Challenge: TGRF, to 7.67. Updated my author rating accordingly. Individual stories in a compilation can now be rated individually.
UPDATE (6-10-22): Updated the rating for Soul of Calradia, now a 7. Updated EL's author rating accordingly.
UPDATE (6-10-22): Updated the rating for TGRF's Tales of Valhalla, somehow a measly 6.4 despite my best attempts. Updated my author rating accordingly.
UPDATE (6-16-22): Updated the rating for Zombies: The End, now a 6. Updated Bassist's author rating accordingly.
UPDATE (6-29-22): Updated the rating for Kaya: Vendetta, now a 7. Updated EL's author rating accordingly.
UPDATE (7-1-22): Updated the ratings for Rise and Fall of the Pumpkin King, HULK SMASH VYDAR, and Having a Marvelous Time. Updated PK's author rating accordingly.
UPDATE (7-1-22): Updated the rating for TGRF's Tales of Valhalla. I hadn't put it in the index for some reason, despite adding it to my author rating. Probably because I couldn't face the 6.4.
UPDATE (8-22-22): Added Nether World Rising to the index. Sent out a rating PM. Added JS to the author list.
UPDATE (8-22-22): Updated the rating to Nether World Rising, now a 7. Updated JS's author rating accordingly.
UPDATE (8-23-22): Updated the rating to Nether World Rising, now a 7.5. Updated JS's author rating accordingly.
UPDATE (9-22-22): Added The Fall of Feylund to the index, now a 9. Updated my author rating accordingly.
UPDATE (10-12-22): Corrected the vote count for The Fall of Feylund. Was 2 for some reason, should be 1.
UPDATE (11-7-22): Updated the rating for The Fall of Feylund, still a 9. Updated the vote count.

Last edited by TGRF; February 2nd, 2023 at 07:22 PM.
Old February 2nd, 2023, 07:21 PM

2023 Updates

UPDATE (2-2-23): Updated the link to Grey, sending it to the actual thread rather than the archive.
UPDATE (2-3-23): Updated the title for Kaia: Vendetta. Corrected spelling from Kaya.
UPDATE (2-4-23): Added Myths of Valhalla to the index. Added ryguy266 as an author. Collected ratings accordingly. Myths of Valhalla has now achieved a rating of 7. Updated ryguy266's author rating accordingly - now a silver author!
UPDATE (2-4-23): Updated the background color of completed entries - now including all completed entries.
UPDATE (3-7-23): Added Archmage of Feylund to the index. Added a rating for it, now an 8. Updated my author rating accordingly.

Last edited by TGRF; March 7th, 2023 at 04:53 PM.
Old January 26th, 2024, 07:24 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Valhalla Fan Art and Fiction Forum Index

Where are Fall and Archmage of Feylund??

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old January 27th, 2024, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
Where are Fall and Archmage of Feylund??

~TAF
Removed per author's request - I intend for them to return once certain novels are written. They both have heavy influences on the plot of my novels, and thus I didn't want future readers looking at them and guessing where things were going.

I can likely give you access if you want - it would involve making a reader account on my website so that you can read private posts.

~TGRF.

EDIT: Also I haven't updated this with the latest fan fictions, which I should definitely do.
Old January 27th, 2024, 01:54 PM

UPDATE: Added Apostle's Creed and Dawn of Darkness to the index. Included DoD's rating, bumping my rating up to 8.22 from 8.18. Re-hid the Rating PM sheet.
Old January 27th, 2024, 03:49 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I see >_> Is it so similar that you're that worried about it? By removing the stories for this reason you've made it suspicious. Now I effectively know how your novel ends

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction