Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project
C3G Project A Place to gather C3G threads without interfering with other Marvel Customs creation

Old December 28th, 2014, 02:06 PM
Gorred the Con-petition. C3G Con Champ 2021!

Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Public Design Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Same except I prefer the Probability Manipulator.
Mostly because I would immediately give the PM to Dredd.
That's my only concern with the PM starting with a figure. It's likely to just be passed to another character right off the bat. And from experience, Superman, Nova, Thor, Green Lanterns, Cable etc. are super deadly with it. But also, besides that, does he really want the PM when his main goal is to switch to better bodies etc.? Unless we implement something where it goes with him, it might be a waste.
Old December 28th, 2014, 02:35 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

If you did go with the PM you may want to add in that it stays on his card until he is destroyed.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old December 28th, 2014, 02:47 PM

Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
If you did go with the PM you may want to add in that it stays on his card until he is destroyed.
But both those concerns I just listed wouldn't be avoided. He could still pass it off, and he wouldn't keep it after switching bodies. Maybe I'm missunderstanding that.
Old December 28th, 2014, 02:55 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

No, he could not pass it off. It stays on his card unless destroyed.

You could add in that it transfers to the new body also.

All in all I can see the whole idea not being excepted.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old December 28th, 2014, 04:32 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I pretty much agree with Lazy here. Use the figure as the marker, flat 16+ roll, 2nd power should be the medical one.
Much better than a marker. I agree here on the rest.
Old December 30th, 2014, 12:30 AM

I've always stated I wanted a 2nd Nightcrawler design, so here it is:

NAME = NIGHTCRAWLER
SECRET IDENTITY = KURT WAGNER
SPECIES = MUTANT
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = ADVENTURER
PERSONALITY = DEVOUT

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 2
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 170-190

BAMF! Teleport
Instead of moving normally, you may choose an empty space within 3 spaces of Nightcrawler. Before placing Nightcrawler on the chosen space, you may choose a Small or Medium figure adjacent to Nightcrawler, after placing Nightcrawler, place the chosen figure on an empty adjacent space. Figures moved by this special never take any leaving engagement attacks. Bamf! Teleport may not be prevented by any special on any other Army Card that would normally prevent movement when engaged. After using Bamf! Teleport, you may use it 2 additional times. If Nightcrawler uses Bamf! Teleport, he may not use his Bamf! Swordplay special this turn.

BAMF! SWORDPLAY
If Nightcrawler attacks an adjacent figure with his normal attack and at least one skull is rolled, he may attack an adjacent figure again. He may continue attacking adjacent figures, rolling 1 fewer attack die for each subsequent attack, until you fail to roll a skull. Before each additional attack, you may place Nightcrawler on an empty space up to 2 spaces away. Nightcrawler never takes leaving engagements when using Bamf! Swordplay.

BAMF! EVASION
If Nightcrawler is attacked and at least 1 skull is rolled, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 1-9, roll defense dice normally. If you roll 10 or higher, Nightcrawler takes no damage and may immediately use his Bamf! Teleport special.

Thoughts behind the design:
-Nightcrawler's greatest asset is his Bamf!, and him using it to be able to transport others(supportive or offensive), is essential.

-The Bamf! Swordplay is a perfect combination for him, as seeing him use his swords with such finesse, teleporting all around, adds a lot of fun to the design.

-An improved evade was necessary, as he's quick on his feet, fast reflexes, acrobatic, and of course his main order of defense is his teleports. So it should be a pain to hit him, right up there with Daredevil and Spider-Man, or somewhere in-between(I'm feeling 10 or 11 for the roll).

-A class of Adventurer could open up his synergy, as he is a known Adventurer, and it would be great to see him cross over with another great established synergy. His Defense and points would certainly need to be fine tuned accordingly for balance.

-I figure if we get this guy in around 170-190, for what I am striving for with the design, we're in good shape. I feel there's no reason this character can't bring more to the table if it means a slightly higher cost. His original came in at 140, so the design I'm shooting for here I don't see blowing those points up too high.
Old December 30th, 2014, 12:50 AM
His sweat is highly explosive

Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun

I have a second Nightcrawler drafted and he is fairly similar to what you have here, though I didn't go with swordplay. I went a different route there. I think you'll like what we came up with. We figured swordplay was better saved for a more aggressive age of apocalypse Nightcrawler
Old December 30th, 2014, 01:18 AM

Nice! Can't wait. Though I'm a bit skeptical and hesitant. Cautiously optimistic. I spent 2 hours putting that all together just the way I imagined the perfect Nightcrawler. I fear of a 2nd or 3rd design both having elements I like, but separate from each other. I want the be all end all perfect design. Lol just like that Batman design I'm holding out hope for.

A day where I can draft and reserve a figure to know it is mine to design. If wishes were fishes. Heh I get so excited and energetic thinking up a design and then the realization sets. If I were to design these trough the PD method, it'll be years if they even get voted in. Yeesh.

Last edited by Arkham; December 30th, 2014 at 01:40 AM.
Old December 30th, 2014, 01:40 AM

Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggressive Sock View Post
Nice! Can't wait. Though I'm a bit skeptical and hesitant. Cautiously optimistic. I spent 2 hours putting that all together just the way I imagined the perfect Nightcrawler. I fear of a 2nd or 3rd design both having elements I like, but speedster from each other. I want the be all end all perfect design. Lol just like that Batman design I'm holding out hope for.

A day where I can draft a reserve a figure to know it is mine to design. If wishes were fishes. Heh I get so excited and energetic thinking up a design and then the realization sets. If I were to design these trough the PD method, it'll be years if they even get voted in. Yeesh.
hang in there. Keep up the good work and you might find yourself a sidekick
Old December 30th, 2014, 07:53 AM

Yeah, it is a good time to get involved with C3G. Quite a bit of turnover.
The Allies really need to unite to speed up their design process.
A big factor is making sure you have all the artwork needed for the art dept. long before final editing.
Playtesting is also huge. Anyone wanting to create a Public Design should be playtesting Public Designs with a fervor. I would suggest testing designs informally before they are even voted in. This will hopefully expose issues early and lead to finishing faster.
Trying to drum up enough points for another LD would be huge also but that is a bit daunting at the current cost.
I could see you LD'ing two or more designs this year Aggressive Sock.
Looking forward to your first!

- Eslo Rudkey
Old December 30th, 2014, 08:25 AM

Yeah, playtesting is huge. The more you can playtest right now, the better. Playtesting can be one of the biggest things to hold a unit up and is one of the biggest and easiest ways to help out the group.
Old December 30th, 2014, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Yeah, it is a good time to get involved with C3G. Quite a bit of turnover.
The Allies really need to unite to speed up their design process.
A big factor is making sure you have all the artwork needed for the art dept. long before final editing.
Playtesting is also huge. Anyone wanting to create a Public Design should be playtesting Public Designs with a fervor. I would suggest testing designs informally before they are even voted in. This will hopefully expose issues early and lead to finishing faster.
Trying to drum up enough points for another LD would be huge also but that is a bit daunting at the current cost.
I could see you LD'ing two or more designs this year Aggressive Sock.
Looking forward to your first!
The art process is something I've volunteered my help with multiple times. I'm majoring in Graphic Design, I'm familiar with all of the software, but I'm always told there's already more people than needed, as each only get so many designs between them. Yet, it still seems the artwork part is what drags on for each PD. Be it a mini picture or card art, it's taken ~2 months at times. So I feel there has to be room for more help. As far as mini pics themselves go, if I'm designing a figure, you'll have the mini pics by the time I'm up for design.

Play testing before a design is voted in, check. I play tested Malekith and Blue Lantern right before the voting for this round started, about 5 months ago. And from that play test I made an adjustment to Malekith's design to better balance already before going forward. I plan to do another play test as soon as the design phase starts.

As for play testing other designs, I've been quite busy during the school semester, working and going to school full time, + other commitments each week, so with around 60 hours of commitments each week, I haven't had the time to really get into it again. But as soon as the semester ended, I knocked out 2 play tests.

And I have plenty of extra points for a 2nd PD, if others wanted to chip in.

So I feel the effort is being given on my end. And I don't say any of this in attempt to beg or pat myself on the back, there's plenty that do just as much or more. I'm just responding to your statement saying I do those things that you're suggesting be done.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project