Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Dungeons and Dragons Scenarios
Dungeons and Dragons Scenarios This is the place to put all of our D&D adventure type scenarios. Come here when you want to browse user submitted adventures.

Notices

Old May 4th, 2010, 02:26 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Talking Re: Utgar's Quest: A new type of D&D scenario

YESSS!!! YESSSSS!!!!! GOT PICS UP!!! ENJOY!!! ENJOY!!!

Credit goes to me for designing, and I would love to thank all fellow Heroscapers for helping me do this thread. Please enjoy this scenario and tell me how it went so I can make it better.

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old May 4th, 2010, 02:49 PM

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Utgar's Quest: A new type of D&D scenario

I'll try to get more veiws of these maps later, but right now photobucket won't let me log in, so I guess I'll check back later.

Old May 5th, 2010, 12:34 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

just a word of advice for the future: Instead of posting multiple times in a row, you should edit previous posts. Just click the edit button on the bottom right. Also, you could just continuously edit and update the first or second post of this or future threads with all your ideas in one place. You can use spoilers now that you know how to reduce the initial size of the first post, but this helps keep everything in one place so there is less scrolling. For instance, all the maps can be in one post, just edit old posts, copy, then edit 1st or 2nd post and paste. It is helpful to have multiple windows or tabs.

As for your ideas, I like the powering-up suggestions, but maybe this can be a campaign where after each game/battle/room you power up in the next one and not in the middle of the game. At the very least, power up only after each round - similar to most RPG video games I have played.
Old May 6th, 2010, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
As for your ideas, I like the powering-up suggestions, but maybe this can be a campaign where after each game/battle/room you power up in the next one and not in the middle of the game. At the very least, power up only after each round - similar to most RPG video games I have played.
Good idea. If you wanna play it that way,then that's absolutely fine. However, that may make it harder indeed for players to keep track of their scores (I imagine, at least), but if your willing to keep track, then that's all good. In the meantime, I must remind you players that there is excatly 3000 points of figures up until the last room (excatly enough for each of your figures to gain 600 experience each), so try to spread out the amount of experience between your figures to remain balanced.

All in all, that does make sense, so I'll maybe try it when I next do this scenario....

Old May 6th, 2010, 05:38 PM

Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby!

This looks so epic. What sets do you need for this?

By the way, what happens if Nilfheim is mindshackled?

Spoiler Alert!
...In the Dream Cave...

Last edited by Kaiser Cat; May 6th, 2010 at 05:46 PM.
Old May 6th, 2010, 10:32 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

If you want, I can offer ideas on final abilities for the other Utgar unique heroes.

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old May 9th, 2010, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Cat View Post
This looks so epic. What sets do you need for this?

By the way, what happens if Nilfheim is mindshackled?
You will need. . .
3 volcarren wasteland sets.
1 D&D set (if you build by room, or you can substitute tiles).
At least 1 Tundra set (but I would shoot for 3, just to be sure (or if you decide to build the entire thing))
1 Jungle set.
At least 1 MS1 (but you should probably have more, I imagine.
And a lot of road or some FotA sets.
If this doesn't fit your needs, you can substitute tiles (since its not all that important. I'll probably substitute to make up for dungeon tiles, and I'll be proxying a LOT of figures here).

If you mindshackle Nilfheim, then yay for you. If this is your third time playing and you've mindshackled him every time, and it just seems way to easy, then you can give him a special "no-mindshackle 1" ability (which has him roll the 20d when mindshackled, if you roll a 1 or higher, ignore the effect).

However, this isn't too likely to happen, but then, Ne-Gok-Sa is very good to have for a D&D crawl (for both sides, really).

And, yes, any ideas for powers and figures would be greatly appreciated .

Old May 9th, 2010, 07:19 PM

Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
And, yes, any ideas for powers and figures would be greatly appreciated .
I propose that the Deathwalkers get all of the following powers:

One Shield Defense
Wounded Smash
Life Drain
Regenerate
Cold Healing
Overextended Attack

...Yeah. That started as me suggesting "One Shield Defense" as a joke and then I just added all of the powers useless for Deathwalkers.

All kidding aside, here are some serious ideas:

Torin-Paralyzing Gaze
Mimring-Searing Intensity
Cyprein-Overextended Attack
Estivara-Thorian Speed
Taelord: Utgar's Orders (You should get a very useful ability if you can level Taelord that high.)

Spoiler Alert!
...In the Dream Cave...
Old May 9th, 2010, 07:35 PM
Treasure Quest Champion!

Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Utgars good?! thats like saying the Nazis are good!

Mimring>Krug. 'Nuff said.
Old May 11th, 2010, 06:58 AM

Zorgophlats knows what's in an order marker Zorgophlats knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrow Grut View Post
The British slaughtered Natives in many countries around the world. The Nazis were just trying to administer some payback. They just decided to expand their borders in the process.

... there was that holocost thing ... ... that I can't explain with a joke ...

Last edited by Zorgophlats : Prenember 86th, 2079 at 42:96 ZM. Reason: enasni eht stalhpogroz
Old May 11th, 2010, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorgophlats View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrow Grut View Post
The British slaughtered Natives in many countries around the world. The Nazis were just trying to administer some payback. They just decided to expand their borders in the process.

... there was that holocost thing ... ... that I can't explain with a joke ...
If you MUST make Nazi jokes, at least find a funny Nazi Picture.

Spoiler Alert!
...In the Dream Cave...
Old May 11th, 2010, 07:35 AM

Zorgophlats knows what's in an order marker Zorgophlats knows what's in an order marker

Ah... Thank You. That vid made my morning.

Last edited by Zorgophlats : Prenember 86th, 2079 at 42:96 ZM. Reason: enasni eht stalhpogroz

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Dungeons and Dragons Scenarios