Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old November 3rd, 2023, 09:11 PM

Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: [NO POSTING] Info from Renegade Designers and Staff

On the subject of hexagons:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Gaeta
Just to give you all a little insider info. The reason we need so much terrain is because our newly made terrain won’t be ready for a few more months. We’re not just playtesting, we’re working on designing big displays for conventions among other fun things.

I also had to ship most of the terrain from two of my old master sets to our factories so they can use it in testing the newly made stuff with the old to make sure it’s all working as it should. Those two boxes are pretty sad looking now.

One of our Heroscape meetings this week turned into "terrain" meeting. I think you will like the terrain packs. Some will be big chunks of terrain and others very themed. Lot's of variety.

We're also planning bulk terrain for stores running organized play. This way tournaments won't be so dependent on players bringing their own. You can keep your personal stuff at home and not worry about it getting beat up at tournaments.

So we will be working with convention organizer too. We also have retail terrain skus that will have "bulk" of terrain so people can build much bigger maps than what a typcial Master Set would allow.
Not on the subject of hexagons:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt
Renegade doesn’t have much con presence outside the US generally right? I’d go to events at like the UK Games Expo probably, although it seems unlikely that you guys would end up running anything there
Pre-covid we had stands at UK Games Expo and Essen Spiel in Germany.
Next year things will be back to normal for the most part. Especially because of Heroscape.
Old November 21st, 2023, 01:08 PM

Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
This is not a drill!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anais Morgan
We're thrilled to announce that our next Renegade Con event is coming March 1, 2024!
All details for the first wave of 2024 pre-painted Heroscape Age of Annihilation game releases and Heroscape Terrain System boxes will be revealed during the con and pre-orders will open at that time.⁠

Full Schedule �� https://renegadegamestudios.com/rene...ersary-edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by S Rowan
Yeah a round of applause for Lee if you like pre-painted figures! She really pulled this together for us
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan Gaeta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolpat
Can y’all say if it’s actually pre”painted” or if y’all are doing that method where they print the mini in multiple colors?
Actually pre-painted. ��
I repeat: pre-painted.
I repeat again, for emphasis: PRE-PAINTED.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeldarck
Does preorder will be open for France/European?
Yes. Pre-orders will open for US/CAN/AUS/NZ/EU/UK.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiegfried
More minor point for sure, but the terrain getting a branded name (Heroscape Terrain System) is also super interesting
Was waiting to see when someone would catch this one.

Last edited by Anitar; November 21st, 2023 at 01:41 PM.
Old November 22nd, 2023, 02:14 PM

Many more words to be had.
Quote:
A few things to clear up some misconceptions I’ve read today:

our team has a lot of expertise making plastic minis. Matt Hyra was a core designer on the World of Warcraft minis game. Leisha, our director of operations headed up manufacturing and is one of the most experienced people in the industry when it comes to plastics with over 20 years experience. I’m no slouch either.

pre-painted does have a cost but it’s not double or even 50% more than unpainted. More around 10-15% more and we think provides excellent value and makes the game much more appealing to many more players.

The price points we are working on look very competitive to what other similar games are being sold for that are unpainted and painted. Going painted also saves gamers money on paints as well as just being more accessible. Our goal is to grow the player base as large as possible.

Renegade not being able to get games in store. This is pretty silly. We ship hundreds of thousand of games into game stores around the world every year. Don’t worry about your local store being able to stock Heroscape. They can easily get it if they want it.

shipping and logistics are back to normal as far as times and backlogs.

Factories. We only make our products in certified factories. The inspections these have to go through are rigorous. I would bet most places you work couldn’t pass them. Leisha and I have personally visited the factories we use. The factory that will be producing Heroscape is a long standing factory for Hasbro with decades of experience. They actually made some of the Heroscape from the past and have a lot of knowledge about the line themselves.

I hope that helps clear some stuff up and keep the discussion going in the right direction. You all are great and we all really appreciate the enthusiasm you all have. We’re making this game because we love it too. In March we’ll be able to reveal all of wave 1! ��
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWhale
I'm really interested to see pricing. Guess I'll just wait
I wouldn’t look at current kickstarters offering a pre-painted option to base your assumptions on. That example is not relevant. We operate at a much larger scale. Instead I would look at more recent painted and unpainted miniature games released on the market in recent years.
Another thing to consider is Heroscape has terrain and lots of it. When you buy a master set or battle box you’re not just getting miniatures but a whole terrain system. Most other games you don’t get anything close to the equivalent of that. I think we can all agree the awesome 3D terrain system is a big part of what makes Heroscape special.
Quote:
The minis shown in the campaign were not 100% final so tweaks were going to be made no matter what. A certain large blimp for example. ��
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWhale
You know, a lot of current games are doing clear bases ��
We’re not. I can confirm that.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth26
I have a request: make lava, snow, ice, water, shadow, ladders, fast elevation (castles and such) available at some point. That way there isn’t an OldScape vs. NewScape split that’s too radical
Pretty much all that is on the schedule already.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dandelions
Wonder if we’ll see any Heroscape teasers at Pax Unplugged ��
Nothing at PaxU this year. We will be back next year. With it being between the holidays we decide to skip it so the team could focus on 2024 releases and not stress with a convention during a hectic time of the year.
Quote:
I don’t know if any of you have seen how we’ve involved the community for feedback on things like Power Rangers and Axis & Allies with polls but you can expect to have a voice when the time comes.

Last edited by Anitar; November 22nd, 2023 at 07:01 PM.
Old December 25th, 2023, 01:55 PM

From the subscription newsletter:
Quote:
Dear Heroscape Fans,

As the year draws to a close, we find ourselves inspired by your excitement and support thus far. We are bubbling with anticipation, eager to embark on an incredible journey with you in 2024. But wait, 'tis the season for surprises, isn't it? In the spirit of the holidays, we couldn't resist the urge to gift you a sneak peek; a very small teaser of what's to come.

As a special treat for those of you who’ve signed up for our Heroscape Newsletter, we’re happy to share this never-before-seen character art for the Kyrie warrior, Loviatak!

This provides a glimpse into the tapestry of heroes and villains that will soon battle across the landscapes of Valhalla. This coming year will unfold the beginning to a saga of remarkable tales, fierce rivalries, and daring conquests.

We can't wait to share more with you in 2024 – be sure to tune in to the Heroscape Reveals stream, March 1, during Renegade Con.

Save the Date!

Wishing you the happiest of holidays and a new year filled with anticipation for the adventures that await us.

See you soon. 😉

- Team Renegade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Houff
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabletop Bro
Anyway I'm about to start filming so is there anything you'd like the like 200 people that watch this video to know?
That Loviatäk is still Loviatäk. Some of us have failed to insert the umlaut.

Last edited by Anitar; December 26th, 2023 at 09:54 PM.
Old January 26th, 2024, 02:57 PM

Quote:
COMING MARCH 1!!!
New full-color art featuring Kita, possibly Onshu's flank, and Ewashia... with a mustache.
Quote:
Originally Posted by S. Rowan
I look away for one moment and the Ewashia party starts! Long live the Mistress of the Tides!
For the curious; fish-wizards do not ascribe to human gender presentations. Ewashia grows her face-fins where she pleases.
Old February 5th, 2024, 10:10 PM

Unexpected info at an unexpected time from an unexpected source.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTM (Game Trade Magazine)

In summary: 20-figure Master Set, 6-figure Battle Box (ft. pirates and wellspring water), Terrain Set (ft. jungle pieces), 2 promotional figures, Organized Play, an August release date, and typos such as "Alexander Drake".

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver
OP Shiori and preorder Drake? Are you going to be able to buy these later directly from the Renegade site if you miss out on them?
Yep! More details on March 1st!
Old February 8th, 2024, 03:09 PM

The video is just 10 minutes of swirling mist.

Quote:
Gates open March 1. Bookmark this page and join us in the countdown! Save the date for Renegade Con, where all the Wave 1 details will be revealed. It's time to return to Valhalla. View The Countdown �� https://renegadegamestudios.com/heroscape-countdown
Depicted: The revamped Valkyrie symbols and uncapped walls from ye olde AoA, featuring Revna and Volarak, missing Valkrill and Thormun. In short, re-confirming several things we knew were in AH's version.
Old February 23rd, 2024, 02:38 PM

Confirmation that, contrary to some leaks/allegations going around, much of the AoA content will be retained from AH's version.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir96
Quote:
In just 7 days lots will be revealed. Wave 1 releases, organized play programs, a new website, a site for tournaments and competitive player, promos, and a huge presence at Gen Con. The stuff we have planned is like nothing Heroscape has ever had before. The team is doing a fantastic job putting this all together.
Does backwards compatible mean that new product is tested with/against OG units? Or just that all the rules are still the same?
Yes, I believe that this has also been answered before. Old was used in testing for Age of Annihilation. Of course as new comes out over the next years that pool will grow. As others have mentioned, if you’re interested in becoming a play tester there is an open application process.
Quote:
You will get to see some final cards in the stream for sure. But really, that’s probably not the best parts as many of you have seen a lot of this from the original campaign already.
Really, since so much is already known about the gameplay from the campaign I personally think all the “other” stuff is incredibly exciting. Like I mentioned, the support stuff for the game is really great.

Quote:
This year we will be demoing Heroscape at UK Games Expo since it's a few months before release.
We will be in Germany for Essen in October too.
In response to the latest of many fan-made mock-up merchandise designs:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Denna (note: not Renegade staff)
I expect all of you to show up to Gen Con wearing those now.
We can do you one much better. You're really going to want to attend Gen Con if this is something you are into. Oh, I've said too much. I'll be going now....
Just an FYI - Gen Con event registration opens noon Eastern on May 19th. Badges are on sale now. Just in case anyone is interested. ��
Old March 1st, 2024, 08:16 PM

There was a big livestream. I can't tell you what was said in the livestream, due to the lack of captions, but plenty of info all the same.

Heroscape.com is live. Pre-orders are available. Pre-painted options are hella expensive. Volarak has yet to arrive. Cards and bios are up.

Age of Annihilation Master Set:
Spoiler Alert!

Master Set units and bios:
Spoiler Alert!

Battle for the Wellspring Battle Box:
Spoiler Alert!

Battle for the Wellspring units and bios:
Spoiler Alert!

The Grove at Laur's Edge Terrain Expansion:
Spoiler Alert!

promotional units and bios:
Spoiler Alert!

Also, we have a rulebook. It's the same as AH's version, but illustrated, and doesn't list the Glyphs.

Also:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth26
Imma need an explanation of why the cost is 80% higher for the master set prepainted and ~44% higher for the battle box prepainted when it was stated that these numbers were what was being avoided
Because things changed. We weren't happy with the way "old heroscape" levels of paint applications looked on new highly detailed sculpts. So we decided to go all out and offer a premium painted version and an unpainted version. The Premium Painted Master Set has over one-thousand paint applications across 20 minis. They just didn't look good enough to us using the old standards.

So we also made the unpainted below market value. Compare the master set to a popular space themed minis game with comparable terrain and minis at $165 unassembled and no wash. Our unpainted master set at $125 with a wash is a great value.

In the end this was the best of both worlds and gives players more choice.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It
If there was a Master Set terrain only option, I would add 8 of those to my cart along with this order, but for now, this will suffice.
You won't have to wait too long. More terrain only options are coming in Wave 2 this fall. ��
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantheman
I Just joined and maybe it’s been asked about, but does anyone know if the prepainted miniatures for heroscape will continue to be offered passed wave 1?
Yep, more unpainted and premium painted will be released in wave 2 this fall. As long as there is enough demand that's how we plan to proceed.

Last edited by Anitar; March 1st, 2024 at 09:35 PM.
Old March 2nd, 2024, 08:07 PM

Have some more quotes.
Quote:
Laur pieces are jungle pieces so they have the same rules as the Ticalla jungle pieces.
Quote:
The card designs are final. I made note of the typos the community kindly pointed out and will look into it further on Monday when the team is back at work. ��
Quote:
We have another Renegade Con in June! We will be revealing the wave 2 releases at that time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor McGregor
There’s essentially two types of events at Gen Con. The Battle Box event is a low entry fee event that’s an entry level experience. Open to all players of course but set up for people who just learned to play. It uses a map created from the Battle Box and two players will play using the battle box figures.

The other events are premade. We are still working out exact point values and figure limit but we will have the maps for those events. Players can bring their armies. The maps will be able to be built from the three games we’re releasing at Gen Con but players will not need to bring their own terrain.

If players do not have Heroscape prior to Gen Con they will need to acquire some at Gen Con (preorder or purchased there) to play in the premade events. Players will need zero Heroscape to play in a Battle Box event.

There is ~15 Battle Box events and four premade events. One premade each day on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. The 20th Anniversary championship is the fourth premade event. It will be Saturday afternoon.

You can earn a shirt in one of the premade events prior to the championship, wear your shirt for the championship, and get in free. The championship is open to everyone though, without a shirt even. It’ll just have an entry fee with no shirt.

You can earn more than one shirt if you want. If you earn a shirt you aren’t required to play in the Championship event.

All events will give out Shiori. There will be prizes for undefeated players in all events. There will be random premium painted products given out in all events.

The winner of the Championship event will get a trophy and be the first player to earn a day one bye for the 2025 World Championship.

The Battle Box event is $10 entry. Players will not receive a Battle Box with their entry.

The details for the premade events will be released at a later time but they will allow classic figures.
Old March 4th, 2024, 11:51 PM

Today's words.
Quote:
Okay, this ought to answer a lump of questions all together-like. Behold, the rules for Wellspring water tiles!

Wellspring water inhibits movement the same way water-water does
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor McGregor
It'll be for sale on 8/1 in Indianapolis, IN and preorders can be picked up on 7/31. In the past we haven't done "hard" release dates for games so the actual release in individual game stores will vary. We will pass along the best information we can as it becomes available.

Last edited by Anitar; March 20th, 2024 at 04:48 PM.
Old March 18th, 2024, 03:44 PM

Flat hexagons.
Quote:
The following Glyps will appear in the Age of Annihilation Master Set:

PERMANENT
Dagmar (Initiative)
When you roll for Initiative, add 8 to your die roll.
Rannveig (Wind)
All figures with the Flying Special Power lose this power and cannot Fly while a figure is standing on the Glyph of Rannveig.
Yadulkia (Disengage)
Your figures are never attacked when leaving an engagement.
Brandar (Special)
The rules of this Glyph vary, depending on the Scenario.
Xenithrax Vines (Vines) (x3)
If a Huge figure moves onto this Glyph, this Glyph is immediately removed from the battlefield and that figure may continue its movement. Figures standing on this Glyph roll 1 fewer attack die and 2 fewer defense dice. When a figure on this Glyph moves off of the Glyph, roll one attack die. If you roll a skull, that figure takes one wound. Remove this Glyph from the battlefield after a figure moves off of it, or at the end of the round if a figure is standing on it.

TEMPORARY
Felaron (Glyph Removal)
Remove any other Glyph from the battlefield.
Haukeland (Healing)
When one of your figures stops here, you may remove up to 3 Wound Markers from across any of your Army Cards.
Mitonsoul (Massive Curse)
For each figure on the battlefield (yours and your opponents'), roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 1, the figure is destroyed. If you roll 2 through 20, the figure is safe.
Quillivon (Sudden Movement)
Choose up to 3 of your figures other than the one on this Glyph. You may move each of the chosen figures up to 5 spaces.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver
what's the glyph in the Wellspring box? Brandar?
Brandar!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News