Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

View Poll Results: What is your opinion regarding the Occupy Movements?
There is an Occupy movement in my town, and I support these people and their cause. 14 19.72%
There isn't an Occupy movement in my town, and I support these people and their cause. 7 9.86%
There is an Occupy movement in my town, and I disapprove of these people and their cause. 14 19.72%
There isn't an Occupy movement in my town, and I disapprove of these people and their cause. 19 26.76%
Who? I don't really understand this movement, or what it stands for. 17 23.94%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Old November 12th, 2011, 07:40 PM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Occupy Opinions?

I went to occupy wallstreet and they gave me a shirt. They're A-Okay in my book.
Old November 12th, 2011, 07:56 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einar's puppy View Post
I went to occupy wallstreet and they gave me a shirt. They're A-Okay in my book.
Some people are easily swayed
Old November 12th, 2011, 08:04 PM
The New York Yankees are the greatest baseball team ever!

Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby!

There's one in Providence, and generally speaking the government has been very supportive of what they're doing and there's been no instances of violence, inappropriateness with the protestors, etc, etc. The only problem is, is the mayor told the protestors "We're worried about your safety. Please vacate by X date, but in recognition of what you are doing we will give you both your chance to speak to us and a chance to let your voices be heard amongst the people and give you a place to protest during the day. We don't want anyone getting harmed with the temperatures falling.". The protestors have ignored that call. They received something more powerful than what they are doing, and they ignored it and slapped the government in the face. As liberal as I am, this was utterly stupid.

But, I don't support the movement and not because of what they're doing...mostly due to their strategy behind it.

Many of the people protesting have been camped out for at least a month (in Providence at least this is the case), and depending on the location the protests have everything to do with student loans, to government problems, to issues with the banks. I have not heard of anything regarding a singular national leadership or a singular national stance regarding what they are protesting. I've driven past the Providence camp a number of times and there are signs protesting the war, taxes, the sins of the banking industry, and everything in between. I'm just wondering what they think they will accomplish?

Look at all of the great protests, Ghandi and the British occupation, the Montgomery Bus Boycott, etc, etc. They all had a single stance. They all had leadership. The occupy movements don't. What this is akin to is the protests of the Vietnam War in the 60's which generally speaking lacked any sort of leadership and singular stance. What the occupy protests seem to say is "We'll sit here and camp out and everyone will listen to us and we'll throw all of our issues against the wall and see what sticks.".

I don't see that happening. Give me a singular stance that goes across the board, and let me see who the true leadership is. If this movement is to hold any future power and any validity, it needs both of these things and until I see them...I sadly cannot support it.

The cake is a lie.

-Insert Witty Signature Here-

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General