Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old August 24th, 2011, 01:56 AM

Billtrumpet25 is surprisingly tart
Today's Earthquakes

Who felt them? What were you doing at the time?

This should be an interesting discussion...if it happens.
Old August 24th, 2011, 02:03 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Today's Earthquakes

I was waking up when I...barely...felt it. I never felt an earthquake before(living in Ohio and all...) so it was neat.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old August 24th, 2011, 03:12 AM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I live in central CT and I was sitting at my desk on my computer when I felt the desk shaking back and forth. I was sitting on a chair that has wheels, so I was kind of isolated from the ground, but I still felt myself shaking a tiny bit. Either way, the shaking so far from the epicenter was very weak.

My mom was upstairs and she said she actually saw a few light fixtures swinging and the walls "moving" a bit, although personally I think that she was moving moreso than the walls.

This is the only earthquake I can ever remember experiencing. Might have had one when I was really little, but this just never, ever happens here.
Old August 24th, 2011, 03:26 AM

cavebehr has disabled reputation

Having lived in Ohio or Kentucky most all of my life, when I have felt a quake in these states it is almost like a slight rumble under your feet then its gone so fast you are not even sure something happend. This last one was epicenterd so far away did not even know about it till later in the day when all other family members living further towards the coast were talking about it and they all had stories about it.

The great thing about both kentucky and ohio is the fault that runs nearest us is rarely active and with all the caves in our states it takes alot of the shock out of them like natures own shock absorbers.

On the flip note I hope no one was harmed in the most recent ones.
Old August 24th, 2011, 06:40 AM

Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby!

I live on Long Island and I was working at my computer when the house started to shake (lightly). The fan next to me started swirling about. Being from Minnesota, I had never experienced an earthquake, it was pretty cool.

2011 most played: 1. Heroscape/Monsterpocalypse/Quarriors. 4. Warhammer Invasion. 5. Last Night on Earth.
Old August 24th, 2011, 06:45 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Didn't even know about it until it was posted on Facebook. However, it is amazing, how despite not one single person around me in the office building mentioned it as it happened, somehow several couldn't stop talking about it some 20 minutes later and how they "felt" it.

Yep, some people just have to be involved, even when it's total BS.

Even more silly is how many people talking they "survived" the earthquake. Feel like slapping them and telling them they have no idea what they are talking about. That's like walking out during a drizzle and saying you survived a flood.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old August 24th, 2011, 07:25 AM
http://www.wyoming.gov/

Uchiha Blood knows what's in an order marker Uchiha Blood knows what's in an order marker

When they didn't mention until afterwards, it may have been they didn't realize what is was. I felt my bed shaking, but there was a heavy wind going outside so I just figured that must be it (later realized my windows were closed). My brother told me there had been an earthquake and I realized that I had already felt it.
Old August 24th, 2011, 07:37 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Uh-huh. Except there was no shaking. Sorry, but I'm cynical and the same people spouting the non-sense are the same one's who over-exaggerate every single thing in their life every single day.

LIKE OMG, I ALMOST GOT WASHED AWAY DURING THE STORM LAST WEEK, IT WAS SO BAD....

"checks local weather reports"

0.1" inches of rain all day.

Every single time.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old August 24th, 2011, 07:47 AM
proper grammar and spelling are vital too success

Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby!

What earthquake?

Neo is Heavy Grut...
in LAUR DETENTION FACILITY
Old August 24th, 2011, 08:22 AM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha Blood View Post
When they didn't mention until afterwards, it may have been they didn't realize what is was. I felt my bed shaking, but there was a heavy wind going outside so I just figured that must be it (later realized my windows were closed). My brother told me there had been an earthquake and I realized that I had already felt it.
Indeed. My current location got a good shaking, but no damage. I honestly thought that there was blasting/drilling going on at the construction site near us. It wasn't that bad though(But it was pretty cool).

Anyone know WHERE the epicenter was?

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old August 24th, 2011, 08:27 AM
Dr Feelgood

About 40 miles northwest of Richmond.

Old August 24th, 2011, 08:36 AM
Chewer of Cats

akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness

It looks like the epicenter was near Mineral, VA, which is between Richmond and Charlottesville.

I barely noticed it myself, but it was strong enough to make all the pictures in our house crooked and to rattle all she dishes in the cabinet. It caused quite a stir...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General