Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old May 17th, 2009, 05:22 PM
Theme Nerd

badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Wasp added (page 4)

Reworked Wasp:

Old May 17th, 2009, 05:26 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Covert Recon is looking better, but I think you need to say "After revealing an Order Marker on this card"

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 17th, 2009, 05:28 PM
Theme Nerd

badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Reworked Jocasta, primarily to maker her abilities less cumbersome. I also brought down her cost a bit (both based on constructive comments from other players).

Old May 17th, 2009, 05:32 PM
Theme Nerd

Let's try her again...

Old May 17th, 2009, 05:34 PM
C3G Hero

Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness

It's true... this bit of 'mirror test' advice was handed down to us recently by heroscapers stalwart / legend Grungebob, and it's an indispensable test of your customs that we have implemented in C3G.

Bats could probably phrase it more eloquently than I, but essentially, think about what would happen if you played your custom against itself, paying extra close attention to any 'paradoxes' that might cause in their power.

Anyway, your Wasp is looking great, and I think she's going to become the 'flip-side' to the card Matt Helm and I created. I really like the thematic flavor of Nuisance, and the 'classic' Scapeyness of Evasive Movement.
Old May 17th, 2009, 05:41 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Crap, no, I figured out the problem with Covert Recon, and it is Mind Exchange after all ...
So, the way Mind Exchange is written, it just comes into play after you take a turn with Dr. Doom - no OM needed on his card.
So I could potentially see an instance where, if you got hot on your D20 rolls and kept rolling 17s, you could Reveal an OM and move with Wasp, take a full turn with Doom, Mind Exchange Wasp to move again then use Covert Recon to take a full turn with Doom, Mind Exchange Wasp to move again, then use Covert Recon to take a full turn with Doom, etc, etc, until you finally fail Mind Exchange with Doom and Wasp attacks and your turn ends.
I'm not sure, however if that's
A) Just plain confusing
B) Broken (roll of 17 somewhat mitigates this concern - is it really that different than frenzy?)
or
C) Is just plain cool, lol.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 17th, 2009, 05:43 PM
C3G Hero

Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Hmm, Jocasta is also looking nice, although I don't know a whole lot about her. Is there even a Clix figure of her available?

A few nerdy notes:

To be the most official, I would change the OEB SA to read:
'When Jocasta attacks with her Optic Energy Blast Special Attack, she may attack one additional time.'

There may also be refinements to match official wording in the other 2 powers, but I'm not at home right now, so I can't check my reference material!

Just a question... is the Cybernetic Senses power intended to be rolled at the beginning of EVERY TURN [not just ROUND], regardless of whether or not you have an OM on Jocasta? I have no problem with that, just wanted to clarify.
Old May 17th, 2009, 05:44 PM
Theme Nerd

My other reworking, based on the discussion on the other board, is Ultron-8. Gave him another life, and cleaned up his encephalo ray ability to make it much simpler (essentially a 1 in 20 shot at a one-shot kill).

You will note that I also added hit zones for both Jocasta and Ultron, though that was because I already had cutouts available for both.

Do you think his point total needs to bump up a bit as well?

EDIT: And yes, I know that last ability is going to get "hammered" for not having official language. Basically, it is my nod to the Scarlet Witch, who always was able to do real damage to him. I figured that maybe elves or someone like that might be able to wreak havoc with him a bit, though I don't know that the word "magic" is ever officially used in HS that I recall. I know one of the elves has a summoning spell.

Last edited by badgermaniac; May 17th, 2009 at 05:52 PM.
Old May 17th, 2009, 05:48 PM
Theme Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garada View Post
Hmm, Jocasta is also looking nice, although I don't know a whole lot about her. Is there even a Clix figure of her available?

A few nerdy notes:

To be the most official, I would change the OEB SA to read:
'When Jocasta attacks with her Optic Energy Blast Special Attack, she may attack one additional time.'

There may also be refinements to match official wording in the other 2 powers, but I'm not at home right now, so I can't check my reference material!

Just a question... is the Cybernetic Senses power intended to be rolled at the beginning of EVERY TURN [not just ROUND], regardless of whether or not you have an OM on Jocasta? I have no problem with that, just wanted to clarify.
1. Yes, there is a clix figure for her. Essentially, she was the bride of Ultron, though she turned on him and became an Avenger for a short period.

2. I will fix the wording. That is not uncommon for me. I am pretty good at adapting the comic abilities into HS, but because I don't play a lot of straight HS, I wind up with poorly worded abilities (relative to "official" language).

3. Her cybernetic sense should only be rolled before HER turn. Again, I will reword.
Old May 17th, 2009, 05:48 PM
C3G Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Crap, no, I figured out the problem with Covert Recon, and it is Mind Exchange after all ...
So, the way Mind Exchange is written, it just comes into play after you take a turn with Dr. Doom - no OM needed on his card.
So I could potentially see an instance where, if you got hot on your D20 rolls and kept rolling 17s, you could Reveal an OM and move with Wasp, take a full turn with Doom, Mind Exchange Wasp to move again then use Covert Recon to take a full turn with Doom, Mind Exchange Wasp to move again, then use Covert Recon to take a full turn with Doom, etc, etc, until you finally fail Mind Exchange with Doom and Wasp attacks and your turn ends.
I'm not sure, however if that's
A) Just plain confusing
B) Broken (roll of 17 somewhat mitigates this concern - is it really that different than frenzy?)
or
C) Is just plain cool, lol.
Well, there is a bit of A, in the scenario you describe, Bats!
I don't see any B, only because you'd have to really be in the 'Dice Gods' good graces to roll that well so many times in a row [although my daughter seems to be able to pull it off... 19 or 20 for initiative five or six times in a row, and the one time I rolled a 19 for init is one of the times she rolled the 20], so I guess C is my answer. Really, if you can pull off a chain of high D20 rolls like that with a team that specific, you deserve to look like a bad@$$!
Old May 17th, 2009, 05:54 PM
Theme Nerd

FWIW, for cybernetic attack, I changed EACH turn to HER turn.

(No need to repost the image of course.)
Old May 17th, 2009, 05:59 PM
C3G Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgermaniac View Post
My other reworking, based on the discussion on the other board, is Ultron-8. Gave him another life, and cleaned up his encephalo ray ability to make it much simpler (essentially a 1 in 20 shot at a one-shot kill).

You will note that I also added hit zones for both Jocasta and Ultron, though that was because I already had cutouts available for both.

Do you think his point total needs to bump up a bit as well?

Wow, that really is an Ultron made to take on several Avengers at once, yet is still killable. I like where you're going with Encephalo Ray, but I think it's a bit too dense and confusing. First off, to match 'official style', I would go with something to the effect of "If Ultron-8's ERSA causes at least one wound, you may roll the 20-sided die..."
I'm not sure how to work the OM removal bit in there in an official sounding way yet!

EDIT: On Force Blast, I'd reword it to the effect of '...Roll 5 attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice seperately.'

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations