Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old August 8th, 2010, 03:46 PM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Good Pig's Starcraft Customs - 6 Terran / 3 Zerg units

It's been like 5 years, but I'm revisiting this page after realizing some of these designs weren't half bad. Just needed some polishing up.

Terran Units

SPACE MARINES
Miniature: Reaper Bones - IMEF Trooper Skids, IMEF Trooper Slyder, IMEF Trooper Aztec

Spoiler Alert!

MEDIC
Miniature: Reaper Bones - IMEF Medic

Spoiler Alert!

FIREBAT
Miniature: Reaper Bones - Torch McHugh

Spoiler Alert!

JIM RAYNOR
Miniature: Reaper Bones - Nick Stone

Spoiler Alert!

SARAH KERRIGAN
Miniature: Reaper Bones - Sarah Blitzer

Spoiler Alert!

TYCHUS FINDLAY
Miniature: Reaper Bones - Reggie Van Zandt

Spoiler Alert!

Zerg Units

ZERGLINGS
Miniature: Heroclix - Brood Warriors

Spoiler Alert!

HYDRALISK
Miniature: Heroclix - Brood

Spoiler Alert!

MUTALISK
Miniature: Nexus Ops board game - Rubium Dragons

Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Good Pig; February 6th, 2016 at 12:03 PM. Reason: Made Firebat, Hydralisk Uncommon Heroes; Added Mutalisk and Medic
Old September 13th, 2010, 10:26 AM

aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Good Pig's Starcraft 2 Customs

hm. for 50 pts, the zerglings r kinda weak. IMO. it costs 200 pts for 16, and that would make a decent zerg rush.

I've been toying with StarScape ideas for the past couple years, and have always come back to making it somewhat like the Marro, where Zerg have the Lair, Terran Barracks/Factory, and Protoss Gateway/Starport... (I'm totally blanking on the Protoss' ship structure's name is...)

Then have zerg cheap, terran in the middle, and protoss expensive to simulate resource cost.

Anyway, they look great, but if you are trying to make it seem like you are playing Starcraft with Heroscape rules... It seems more like the army was just planted there than built.

But good customs. And I love Starcraft!
Old September 14th, 2010, 06:55 PM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Thanks for the feedback. I pumped out almost all the Terran and then ran out of steam/time to do more of the Zerg or any Protoss yet. I'll have to get back to it some time soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquamaniac27 View Post
hm. for 50 pts, the zerglings r kinda weak. IMO. it costs 200 pts for 16, and that would make a decent zerg rush.
The idea for these guys was to make them a cheap, swarming squad that were able to reach their target first. Thus the extra defense against ranged attacks and 7 move (9 starting next to the queen). Any specific ideas on how to make them better? maybe cheaper?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquamaniac27 View Post
It seems more like the army was just planted there than built.
Yeah, I thought in order to keep it in the Heroscape format you'd have to sacrifice any tie in to building structures, gathering resources, etc. Just focus on the units themselves and how to make them fun and fit as closely to how they function in the video game.
Old September 14th, 2010, 06:56 PM
<>character<>

LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Nice work!! +rep

Old September 14th, 2010, 07:14 PM

DrummerScaper97 knows what's in an order marker DrummerScaper97 knows what's in an order marker DrummerScaper97 knows what's in an order marker

These are really cool! I think they fit Heroscape well and their powers are similar to their abilities in the game. Great job!

Oh boy - grease up those hexagons!
Old September 15th, 2010, 12:06 PM

aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby!

Hm. Most of my ideas center around [the zerg] being able to reproduce them [zerglings] like [the] hive does drones. The point of a zerg rush is to cripple your opponent at the beginning, giving yourself a head start. Waste to many points on this, and it will end up even...

It all depends on how you want to play it really...

EDIT: Either bump the attack of the zerglings up to 3, or cost down to 40. (2 attacks of 6 for 50 pts per squad, or 2 attacks of 4 for 40 pts per squad.)
I think the first will convey the feel of a true zerg rush better than the latter, but it may be a little over powered...

Last edited by aquamaniac27; September 15th, 2010 at 12:09 PM. Reason: typed every other word that came into my head...
Old September 15th, 2010, 06:49 PM

I did leave it open for the possibility of height advantage though since it isn't a special attack, but an ability. So it could potentially be 2 attacks of 6.
Old September 30th, 2010, 04:06 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

To really preserve the Starcraft theme, you could do cheaper and weaker versions of these cards, and then have upgrade cards that cost more, but they add the extra powers. For something like the zerglings you could only give them Scale, and then have the other two as draftable upgrades. It might be more trouble than its worth, but it might be a cool thing to try.
Old September 30th, 2010, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann View Post
To really preserve the Starcraft theme, you could do cheaper and weaker versions of these cards, and then have upgrade cards that cost more, but they add the extra powers. For something like the zerglings you could only give them Scale, and then have the other two as draftable upgrades. It might be more trouble than its worth, but it might be a cool thing to try.
That's a great idea. It could also be used to give them bonuses to existing powers/stats. +1/+2 on a d20 roll for a special ability. Attack +1, Move +1 etc. It'd be like buying a glyph for your figures without having to hold it. The point totals for games would probably need to be more like 600-700 instead of the standard 500-550.

I've been going gung-ho on my D&D customs as of late, but I'll definitely circle back to the Zerg soon. Now if only there were miniatures to use.
Old October 6th, 2010, 07:26 PM

Relenzo2 knows what's in an order marker Relenzo2 knows what's in an order marker

I like Starcraft, but I think you're stuck with the SC board game minis. The Seige tank is a vehicle very close to my heart, now, and I have some choice words about it.

The difference between Seige Mode and normal mode is that Seige has huge range, power, and as you figured out splash area. But the cost is the immobility of being in Seige Mode. It should be one can't use this attack if the tank moved this turn! Also, Range would be 8 or 9 and attack might be four, but also could be 5.
Keep up the work. Lemme' know if you get cards.
Old February 4th, 2016, 01:46 PM

Re: Good Pig's Starcraft Customs

5 year old thread necro! Updated the OP with new and improved designs, 5 Terran and 2 Zerg units. These units should all have miniatures that can be used for them. I'm planning on updating the info with specific models once I get home later tonight.
Old February 5th, 2016, 08:39 AM

Re: Good Pig's Starcraft Customs

Added Mutalisk to the Zerg units. Put down the miniatures to use for each design.

Kudos to @Sherman Davies for the power he created that I reused for Ricochet Special Attack. It captures the theme perfectly for what the Mutalisk do in the game.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards