Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old January 1st, 2014, 07:54 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of A-Bomb - Design Phase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Just worried he'll demolish squads, especially since he's invisible to range much of the time, but otherwise loving the design!
He's designed to beat up on squads and pods, so I'm okay with that. Plus, his cost will be pretty high, so he'll have to destroy a lot of squaddies to make up for that.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old January 2nd, 2014, 05:29 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Well, its Rick Jones, so I'm not sure how Unstable he is, except that the guy has basically made a life of following around superheros and getting into and out of trouble, so maybe he is, LOL. I am pretty confident that unlike Banner, he can control his transformation and its not triggered by anger or anything similar.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old January 2nd, 2014, 05:35 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Originally he was trapped as A-Bomb but he's now capable of transforming back and forth at will.

Haven't commented yet but he's fine if a bit bland on paper. I'm sure Camouflage will be more interesting on the field, though.
Old January 2nd, 2014, 05:35 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

So do you have any suggestions for personality here, Spidey?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 2nd, 2014, 05:37 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
So do you have any suggestions for personality here, Spidey?
Bland, according to Johnny.
Old January 2nd, 2014, 07:49 PM

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

ERBs from David and dok:

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidlhsl
A-Bomb

Baby got an Atom Bomb
<snip>
A twenty-two megaton
You've never seen so much fun
Baby got poison gas
Baby got a heart attack
Baby got pain on tap
Baby gimme some of that.

Fluke - from their single Atom Bomb, with expletive deleted

Camouflage
Intent verification: Suppose you're playing in a 3-player free-for-all, with Player A drafting A-Bomb. If A-Bomb is engaged with only one of Player B's units, would this allow Player C -- with no figures engaged -- to attack? The wording indicates he could, because the only requirement to maintain Camouflage protection is to be engaged with any opponent's figure.

Thinking this over, that is likely intended and also seems thematic.

Super Leap
Vetted!

Smash Landing
"that received a wound from this special attack" : Would the use of "special attack" cause problems, since this is actually done instead of attacking and doesn't specifically refer to itself as a Special Attack?

"each within 1 space of their original placements" : should "their original placements" be singular corresponding with "each"? I might be wrong about this one.

I absolutely love this ability, and you can really scare the poop out of snipers in high places. So much for the Kill Box.

Final Thoughts
Smash Landing is awesome. Does it scream fun through a bullhorn? Not certain, but it does belch through an empty cardboard paper towel tube.
I've replaced "special attack" with "special power" but I'll leave the other wording issues to the experts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok
Feels close to 400, to me, but no particular issues.
I'll want to keep him under that, so if 400 turns out to be the case, I'll look at tweaks, but we'll see what testing brings first.

Old January 2nd, 2014, 08:59 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I think David is correct about "placement" here. But you'd also want to go with "its" instead of "their" to make that consistent throughout.

Old January 4th, 2014, 06:01 PM

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT A-Bomb

- THEME TEST/ Check to see if there are any powers or stats on the test unit card that does not accurately reflect the theme or likeness of what the character would and could do. Also consider destructible objects, and whether or not this characters powers should affect them.
Pass

- MIRROR TEST/ Check to see if the unit were played against itself, if there would be any loops that would upset the balance of the game.
Pass

- BONDING TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing Bonding abilities to make sure there are no continual Bonding possibilities that do not stop appropriately or do not stop at all. This is to prevent loops in Bonding.
Pass

- SYNERGIES TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing synergies to make sure there are no factors that could break the game by making any unit too powerful or too weak.
Pass

- POWER CHECK/ Consider the test unit and all existing units and all glyphs to compare to and check for any powers that could be over amplified and break the game. Each power must define when it takes place, who or what it affects, and what are the stipulations on the power if there are any.
Pass

- FUN TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play.
Pass

- FUN COMPETITIVE TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play against.
Pass

- DRAFTING TEST/ Consider whether or not this design is worth drafting.
Pass

- USAGE TEST/ Consider whether or not all of the powers on this card were used or at least usable.
Pass

- STRATEGY TEST/ Consider whether or not the design offers any real strategy or interesting tactics to the overall game.
Pass

- Does it pass, Yes or No? Yes
- What should be the unit's point value? 360-380
- Give a brief overview. A-Bomb did well against the 360 pointers, but struggled against 370ers. Smash Landing isn't the best in 1-on-1 match-ups and most of his opponents were melee, so Camouflage didn't have a chance to shine.
Map: Custom

Spoiler Alert!

Squad Test

- What should be the unit's point value? 350-370
- Give a brief overview. Poor rolls from A-Bomb spells bad news.
Units: Intergang Agents x3 (360)
Spoiler Alert!

Squad Test

- What should be the unit's point value? 360-370
- Give a brief overview. Rematch!
Units: Intergang Agents x3 (360)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 1

- Give a brief overview.Thanks to some big rolls, A-Bomb did very well here, but he had to to make up for Frank's struggles.
Map: Coastal Ruins by ZJ

Units: A-Bomb (360), Frankenstein (320), Punisher (180), Robin: Damian (80) (940) VS Martian Manhunter (300), Stepford Cuckoos (400), Jean Grey (180), Jubilee (60) (940)

Unit Summary:
Damage: w/normal: 4 wounds to Celeste, 3 to Mindee, 4 to Esme, 6 to Martian Manhunter.
w/SL: 1 to Phoebe, 1 to Mindee, 1 to Sophie, 1 to Jubilee.
Smash Landing: used 2 times; 4 out of 9 wounds.

Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 2

- Give a brief overview.This is one tough pod, but this was a great map for A-Bomb and he took advantage of that.
Map: Coastal Ruins

Units: A-Bomb (360), Ms. Marvel (350), Green Arrow: Ollie (150) (860) VS Cable (275), Mastermind (90), Beat Cops x2 (130), Angel (90), War Machine (270) (855)

Unit Summary:
Damage: w/normal: 2 wounds to Cable.
w/SL: 2 wounds to Angel, 2 wounds to Mastermind, 1 wound to Cable, 3 Cops destroyed.
Smash Landing: used 3 times; 8 out of 16 wounds.

Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 3

- What should be the unit's point value? 360
- Give a brief overview.Rematch!
Map: Coastal Ruins

Units: A-Bomb (360), Ms. Marvel (350), Green Arrow: Ollie (150) (860) VS Cable (275), Mastermind (90), Beat Cops x2 (130), Angel (90), War Machine (270) (855)

Unit Summary:
Damage: w/normal: 4 wounds to War Machine, 2 Cops destroyed.
w/SL: 1 wound to Mastermind, 2 to Cable, 1 to Angel, 1 Cop destroyed.
Smash Landing: used 2 times; 5 out of 9 wounds.

Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by TrollBrute; January 5th, 2014 at 07:48 PM.
Old January 4th, 2014, 06:06 PM

Heavy Hitters and Squads done here. I'm liking 360 for the army tests, but I won't be surprised if his cost goes up there.

Quote:
I think David is correct about "placement" here. But you'd also want to go with "its" instead of "their" to make that consistent throughout.
I've got no problem changing things here to be clearer/more correct, but I notice that the wording here is consistent with Ronan's SA:
Quote:
UNIVERSAL WEAPON SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 3. Attack 6.
If Ronan's chosen Accused figure is within 3 clear sight spaces of Ronan, before attacking with this special attack, you may place all figures adjacent to Ronan on empty spaces, each within 1 space of their original placements, if possible. Figures moved by this special attack cannot be placed adjacent to Ronan, will not take any leaving engagement attacks, and will receive any falling damage that may apply. Ronan can only attack his chosen Accused figure with this special attack.

Old January 5th, 2014, 01:30 AM

Well, really, SirG is the wording guru. I was just making a grammatical suggestion.

Old January 5th, 2014, 02:30 AM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollBrute View Post
Heavy Hitters and Squads done here. I'm liking 360 for the army tests, but I won't be surprised if his cost goes up there.

Quote:
I've got no problem changing things here to be clearer/more correct, but I notice that the wording here is consistent with Ronan's SA:
Quote:
UNIVERSAL WEAPON SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 3. Attack 6.
If Ronan's chosen Accused figure is within 3 clear sight spaces of Ronan, before attacking with this special attack, you may place all figures adjacent to Ronan on empty spaces, each within 1 space of their original placements, if possible. Figures moved by this special attack cannot be placed adjacent to Ronan, will not take any leaving engagement attacks, and will receive any falling damage that may apply. Ronan can only attack his chosen Accused figure with this special attack.
Not sure how that error slipped through. We've got "all figures" and then "each" and then "their".

The simplest fix is to replace "their" with "its".

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old January 5th, 2014, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGalahad View Post
Not sure how that error slipped through. We've got "all figures" and then "each" and then "their".

The simplest fix is to replace "their" with "its".
Works for me. I'll update the SP here.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library