Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old May 15th, 2017, 12:27 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Very cool Hahma!

I like that Bear TREX.
It looks like it is about to summon up a fireball, Street Fighter/Dragonball style.
Old May 15th, 2017, 01:19 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Very cool Hahma!

I like that Bear TREX.
It looks like it is about to summon up a fireball, Street Fighter/Dragonball style.
I originally picked up some of those when they were cheap to use with Heroes of Fictions Dr. Doolittle. Due to them not hitting the table, and me only needing some of them for Frostgrave, one will make it to Hahma's house. This game just looks so fun. Seeing how I'm a huge star wars fan, I could totally seeing myself use a wizard (Emperor Palpatine) his apprentice (Darth Vader) a crossbow man(Chewbacca, or a Storm Trooper), marksman (Boba Fett) Thief, a( jawa), Thug-Gamorrean Guard. and so on and so forth. Some of the treasure could look like Holocrons. I'd have checked out the warbands that were discussed as being on facebook but I don't have facebook.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old May 15th, 2017, 08:12 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
but I don't have facebook.
Smart man!

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old May 15th, 2017, 11:07 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Very cool Hahma!

I like that Bear TREX.
I originally picked up some of those when they were cheap to use with Heroes of Fictions Dr. Doolittle. Due to them not hitting the table, and me only needing some of them for Frostgrave, one will make it to Hahma's house. This game just looks so fun. Seeing how I'm a huge star wars fan, I could totally seeing myself use a wizard (Emperor Palpatine) his apprentice (Darth Vader) a crossbow man(Chewbacca, or a Storm Trooper), marksman (Boba Fett) Thief, a( jawa), Thug-Gamorrean Guard. and so on and so forth. Some of the treasure could look like Holocrons. I'd have checked out the warbands that were discussed as being on facebook but I don't have facebook.
Quote:
Originally Posted by keglo View Post
Quote:
but I don't have facebook.
Smart man!

The Facebook fear is strong in these 2

Thanks again for the bear TREX

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old May 15th, 2017, 11:19 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Oh yeah, for got to mention that on Saturday, I also played Shadow Hunters and Libertalia. Both are lots of fun.

Tonight, my 5 player group finished our Seafall campaign. It only took 7 months of biweekly play.

Old May 16th, 2017, 08:33 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Oh yeah, for got to mention that on Saturday, I also played Shadow Hunters and Libertalia. Both are lots of fun.

Tonight, my 5 player group finished our Seafall campaign. It only took 7 months of biweekly play.
Was Seafall worth playing to the end? I've heard mostly "meh" or worse things about it.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 16th, 2017, 08:58 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:

Was Seafall worth playing to the end? I've heard mostly "meh" or worse things about it.
For me, no it wasn't worth it. Not for the game itself. It was worth spending a lot of time with 4 others, 2 of which I had only gamed with on occasion over the past few years. So getting to know them and the others better and having some good laughs, was great.

There were stretches in the middle part of the campaign (we played 14 games), where I really regretted signing up for the campaign. But then the last several games were pretty good.

I finished tied for 4th (last) in a 5 player campaign. The guy I tied with was the player that I was going back and forth with for last place for the entire campaign. The player finishing 3rd, was pretty much there the entire campaign. The player that finished 2nd, was 1st for the majority of the campaign, until one of the last couple games. The player that finished 1st, was last for the first couple games and then progressively moved up and up and up.

I think a couple of the guys really got into it, so I'm happy about that. I didn't get into the story part of it, and since we played every other week, it wasn't something my feeble brain could stay into.

Old May 16th, 2017, 09:07 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yeah, one of my buddies bought it, but it hasn't made it to the table yet. I'm thinking it might not ever.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 17th, 2017, 08:11 AM
#1 CoN Player & Charos Cultist innocently oiling another man

Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Yeah, one of my buddies bought it, but it hasn't made it to the table yet. I'm thinking it might not ever.
For what it is worth I think I'd recommend that.

I was very into the idea and concept of SeaFall and preordered it, mastered all the rules, etc. My group started playing, had some fun, but quit after like 6 games or so. Most of us didn't want to play, and the one guy that did still want to was in 1st place and even he admitted it wasn't a great game.

Overall I found it pretty meh. There are lots of very cool ideas. But unfortunately the actual gameplay is a bit long and it doesn't feel very fair at many points.

My conclusion is that if you really enjoyed RISK legacy or just in general are okay with games that have lots of wild swings of luck you may really like SeaFall. If you really like stories, campaign games, and are okay with wild variances happening then you might like SeaFall. If you're okay with the rich get richer and feeling like you can't much change what place you're in without some luck, you may like SeaFall.

But you probably won't much like the game if all of that sounds bad. Personally my favorite types of games are the 1-2 hour tightly balanced Euro games like Agricola, Terra Mystica, A Feast for Odin, etc. I happened to adore Pandemic Legacy and so was excited by the sound of the theme and legacy aspects of SeaFall. I expected the game to be a bit more Ameritrash than I prefer, but I do generally enjoy a breadth of games (I happen to really like Dead of Winter and Cosmic Encounter for example), but SeaFall also had promised some Euro style elements that made me think it might be a great blend for me.

The reality for me and many others I think though is that SeaFall played a little bit slowly and that was coupled with far too much randomness and swinginess. In general I don't recommend SeaFall to anyone. There are so many great games out there, and sadly I just don't think SeaFall is that. (With all that being said I still do think SeaFall had some really great ideas and I still think Rob's a genius. And overall I still am in love with the legacy concept as that was the one aspect that made me want to continue playing).

Ranior is DJ Khosumet the current and hopefully future Dark Lord...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old May 17th, 2017, 08:58 AM
Prickly Cactus

I agree with Ranior.

There are a lot of neat ideas for sure, it is a very ambitious design. I think it was quite the feat just to get it to the point Rob did. But no designer in the world would have been able to make it a great game, while maintaining the same or similar aspects of it.

The luck and randomness are everywhere. While that may offer different experiences for different groups, it does make it somewhat frustrating during the game.

Old May 17th, 2017, 10:56 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
I agree with Ranior.

There are a lot of neat ideas for sure, it is a very ambitious design. I think it was quite the feat just to get it to the point Rob did. But no designer in the world would have been able to make it a great game, while maintaining the same or similar aspects of it.

The luck and randomness are everywhere. While that may offer different experiences for different groups, it does make it somewhat frustrating during the game.
I would think it would get frustrating having to lose every game while you try to pass the other guys continuously behind them from a mistake or two early game. I looked at this game from all the hype but held off. Its good I did, I don't think it would be a good fit for me or the guys I play games with every so often. Its a little hard for us to do campaign style for the most part.

On another note: I just thought up a great solution for frostgrave figures that I already have a bunch of but am getting a ton more of the like. Any of you guys that have the Zombicide Black Plague Board Game and/or the expansions. All of those survivors in the box all have classes somewhat and are sculpted the same. A handful of them have crossbows, bows, swords, daggers, some are wizard type figures. There is a neat looking necromancer in the box. There are a bunch of wolves and even more cool hero figures in the wulfsburg box and hero box 1. On top of that, I'm getting massive darkness through kickstarter. That has a ton of cool themed hero characters including thieves, rogues, wizards, a barbarian, a ranger, etc. Not to mention all the different monsters including demons, and a bunch of others. Exciting stuff. Just thought I'd share my thoughts on the subject.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old May 17th, 2017, 11:30 AM
Prickly Cactus

Yeah TREX, I think a lot of people ended up finding that the game wasn't for them, but too late. There were some neat things about it, and some of the surprises from opening boxes. But there was just so much randomness and a feeling that some things were totallyout of your control. If you made a certain choice early on, it can mess you up down the road. It's one thing to have that happen in an hour or two game, but it's not so good when you invest over 30 hours.

With regards to figures for Frostgrave, sounds like you have some good sources.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games