Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

Old November 14th, 2015, 04:26 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Public Design Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
My version of Freddy & Jason

Jason Vorhees

CH-CH-CH-CH-HA-HA-HA-HA
See that's what I remember

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggressive Sock View Post
"KI KI KI, MA MA MA"
Wasn't sure what this was...

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old November 14th, 2015, 04:39 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karat View Post
I'd say 1 or even 2. I don't know the character, but I would think he would at least have basic defensive maneuverability.
I don't know I kind of bought Socks reasoning here and it made sense. Also the combination he had because of the low defense seemed to work. I haven't watch a lot of the movies and even the one I saw were 20 years ago but I don't remember him defending anything just taking the hit...High Life low defense seems right.
I missed his explanation. I tend to just skim this thread most of the time and mostly just review the linked design.
Old November 14th, 2015, 05:02 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:

Jason Vorhees

CH-CH-CH-CH-HA-HA-HA-HA

Quote:
"KI KI KI, MA MA MA"
Heh, that's what I'm sure most people think. Here:

Quote:
Since Mrs. Voorhees, the killer in the original Friday the 13th, does not show up until the final reel of the film, Manfredini had the job of creating a score that would represent the killer in her absence.[34] Manfredini was inspired by the 1975 film Jaws, where the shark is not seen for the majority of the film, but the motif created by John Williams cued the audience as to when the shark was present during scenes and unseen.[35] While listening to a piece of Krzysztof Penderecki music, which contained a chorus with "striking pronunciations", Manfredini was inspired to recreate a similar sound for Friday the 13th. He came up with the sound "ki ki ki, ma ma ma", based on the line "Kill her mommy!", which Mrs. Voorhees recites repeatedly in the final reel. The "ki" comes from "kill", and the "ma" from "mommy". To achieve the unique sound he wanted for the film, Manfredini spoke the two words "harshly, distinctly, and rhythmically into a microphone" and ran them into an echo reverberation machine.[34] Manfredini finished the original score after a few weeks and recorded it in a friend's basement.[35] Victor Miller and assistant editor Jay Keuper have commented on how memorable the music is, with Keuper describing it as "iconographic". Manfredini makes note of the mispronunciation of the sounds: "Everybody thinks it's cha, cha, cha. I'm like, 'Cha, cha, cha'? What are you talking about?"[36]
I've watched hours of documentaries on the movies(literally, sat and watched the 7 hour Crystal Lake Memories doc in one sitting). Like I said, big fan. :P
Old November 14th, 2015, 08:47 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
I have trouble thematically in a game vs super heroes with any version of Jason with an Attack higher than 3. And Freddy's razor claws are not made of adamantium.
Jason has punched a guy's head off, crushed a guy's head with his bare hands, broken bodies in half backwards, punched through someone's chest holding their heart, sliced through someone's body vertically through the crotch, thrown people or hit people up to 20-30 feet...

You mean to tell me that's a 3? You have to remember...Jason is supernatural. He has incredible strength, raw power, endurance, and swings a giant machete. I'd consider 4, but that's the lowest I'd logically go.
I could definitely see an attack of 4 for him, 3 seems too weak. In general terms though, Jason is not going to be hunting down and killing frat boys and cheerleaders in C3G. I don't see Black Widow or Hawkeye having a problem taking him down should they ever cross paths. Mocking Bird might be pressed for a bit since he does not fall quickly but in the end I'd give her the win most times too. Any Jason figure coming in over 140 points just doesn't seem right to me. Keep that in mind when working up powers and stats.
Old November 14th, 2015, 09:14 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
I have trouble thematically in a game vs super heroes with any version of Jason with an Attack higher than 3. And Freddy's razor claws are not made of adamantium.
Jason has punched a guy's head off, crushed a guy's head with his bare hands, broken bodies in half backwards, punched through someone's chest holding their heart, sliced through someone's body vertically through the crotch, thrown people or hit people up to 20-30 feet...

You mean to tell me that's a 3? You have to remember...Jason is supernatural. He has incredible strength, raw power, endurance, and swings a giant machete. I'd consider 4, but that's the lowest I'd logically go.
I could definitely see an attack of 4 for him, 3 seems too weak. In general terms though, Jason is not going to be hunting down and killing frat boys and cheerleaders in C3G. I don't see Black Widow or Hawkeye having a problem taking him down should they ever cross paths. Mocking Bird might be pressed for a bit since he does not fall quickly but in the end I'd give her the win most times too. Any Jason figure coming in over 140 points just doesn't seem right to me. Keep that in mind when working up powers and stats.
I'd say around 180 is where I'm shooting. I feel 140 covers a lot of humans with extraordinary abilities, but Jason is supernatural. 140 just seems low. 160-180 seems accurate to me. You mention Hawkeye and Black Widow being to take Jason down without a problem, but I'm not sure what exactly they are doing to do so with such ease. He eats bullets, punches, kicks, objects etc. with ease and keeps on moving forward. Regardless, we can always meet in the middle and shoot for 150ish. Attack of 4 works just fine with me.

Jason Voorhees

SPECIES = Undead
UNIQUENESS = Unique Hero
CLASS = Killer
PERSONALITY = Vengeful
SIZE/HEIGHT = Medium 5

LIFE = 6
MOVE = 4
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 0
POINTS = ~150

"KI KI KI, MA MA MA"
After an opponent reveals a numbered Order Marker on an Army Card that opponent controls, or attacks Jason, you may immediately move Jason up to 2 spaces. Before taking a turn with Jason, if he is unengaged, you may choose a figure on the battlefield. If the chosen figure does not have clear line of sight to Jason, or if Jason currently occupies a Shadow space, add 1 automatic skull to his normal attack against the chosen figure this turn.

UNDEAD RESILIENCE
If Jason receives two or more wounds from a single attack but is not destroyed, you may immediately remove up to two of those wounds.

FRIDAY THE 13TH
At the end of the round, if Jason is destroyed, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 13 or higher, immediately place Jason on any empty space on the battlefield that is not adjacent to an opponent's figure, and remove all Wound Markers from this card.

Putting his move and attack down to 4 helps shed some points. It's his Ki Ki Ki Ma Ma Ma power that will need adjusting to figure out what will best suit him and his point value. The auto skull could be cut, or be better worked into when he moves automatically for a potential wound like the Walking Dead do. I have another idea I'm contemplating where if his opponent whiffs their attack, then they receive an auto wound, as he essentially attacks them after they whiff.
Old November 14th, 2015, 09:43 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

See, with that write up, I'm not too worried about where his points come in, because he'll play thematically. If he ends up something crazy high, like 210, due to the power of resurrection, I'm just fine with that.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 14th, 2015, 10:10 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
See, with that write up, I'm not too worried about where his points come in, because he'll play thematically. If he ends up something crazy high, like 210, due to the power of resurrection, I'm just fine with that.
I would imagine that if he's designed with stats that put him at the 140 mark and then the resurrection power covers the rest. Black Widow has no problem killing him the first time ... then he comes back. I mean other than the first he is killed at the end of every movie right...so killing him isn't impossible it's just getting him to stay dead.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old November 14th, 2015, 10:11 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yep, that sounds about right.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 14th, 2015, 10:13 PM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Jason Vorhees

CH-CH-CH-CH-HA-HA-HA-HA

Quote:
"KI KI KI, MA MA MA"
Heh, that's what I'm sure most people think. Here:

Quote:
Since Mrs. Voorhees, the killer in the original Friday the 13th, does not show up until the final reel of the film, Manfredini had the job of creating a score that would represent the killer in her absence.[34] Manfredini was inspired by the 1975 film Jaws, where the shark is not seen for the majority of the film, but the motif created by John Williams cued the audience as to when the shark was present during scenes and unseen.[35] While listening to a piece of Krzysztof Penderecki music, which contained a chorus with "striking pronunciations", Manfredini was inspired to recreate a similar sound for Friday the 13th. He came up with the sound "ki ki ki, ma ma ma", based on the line "Kill her mommy!", which Mrs. Voorhees recites repeatedly in the final reel. The "ki" comes from "kill", and the "ma" from "mommy". To achieve the unique sound he wanted for the film, Manfredini spoke the two words "harshly, distinctly, and rhythmically into a microphone" and ran them into an echo reverberation machine.[34] Manfredini finished the original score after a few weeks and recorded it in a friend's basement.[35] Victor Miller and assistant editor Jay Keuper have commented on how memorable the music is, with Keuper describing it as "iconographic". Manfredini makes note of the mispronunciation of the sounds: "Everybody thinks it's cha, cha, cha. I'm like, 'Cha, cha, cha'? What are you talking about?"[36]
I've watched hours of documentaries on the movies(literally, sat and watched the 7 hour Crystal Lake Memories doc in one sitting). Like I said, big fan. :P
So now we know what's wrong with you...

The above, I never knew. I had a cousin once that was deathly afraid after seeing one of the movies when we were kids and every time we were in the woods or on hay rides and stuff one of us would start very softly with "Cha, Cha, Cha...Ha, Ha, HA" and she would freak out.

Old November 14th, 2015, 10:44 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

A bit late but I really like 0 Defense on him, because - from what I can remember - he never even bothers defending himself. He'll take every hit, they just won't do anything. So I think it's appropriate.

100% happy with the draft above.
Old November 14th, 2015, 10:50 PM
Never Forgets

laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby!

I wouldn't mind seeing Jason's attack go up by 1, or for Sock to add the defense whiff mechanic, but that's mostly because Jason's extremely brutal. Like Sock said, he punches heads off, breaks spines, rips people in half, decapitates, impales, disembowels, and just mercilessly rips people to pieces. With his level of strength and brutality, IMO he deserves 5 attack.

Edit, also ) defense feels slightly weird, because even if he doesn't defend himself, he's still pretty tough. I would be most comfortable with, say 1 defense die, but it doesn't bother me so bad that I want to make much of an argument over it, especially when his "toughness" is pretty well covered in Undead Resilience anyway.

life's short, why not make an impact on the world? make some peoples lives better, have a few good laughs, and then when it's all over go out with BANG!
Old November 15th, 2015, 12:29 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I would imagine that if he's designed with stats that put him at the 140 mark and then the resurrection power covers the rest. Black Widow has no problem killing him the first time ... then he comes back. I mean other than the first he is killed at the end of every movie right...so killing him isn't impossible it's just getting him to stay dead.
This makes sense to me.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy