Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old May 16th, 2010, 08:50 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
The Book of S.H.I.E.L.D. Sniper

The Book of S.H.I.E.L.D. Sniper

C3G MARVEL WAVE 4
FIGHT AGAINST FEAR

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Clobberin Time set.
Its model number and name is #004-006 / S.H.I.E.L.D. Sniper.
Its model number and name is #102 / Laura Brown.

Character Bio - S.H.I.E.L.D. Snipers are part of an agency that maintains strong ties to the superhero community, especially Captain America, the Avengers, and the Fantastic Four. S.H.I.E.L.D. Snipers are different from other S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents in that they are marksmen who shoot targets from concealed positions or distances exceeding the capabilities of regular personnel. Snipers typically have even more specialized training and distinct high-precision rifles.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:
  • As a Human, S.H.I.E.L.D. Sniper has these Human Synergies.
  • As an Agent, S.H.I.E.L.D. Sniper has these Agent Synergies.
  • As a S.H.I.E.L.D. Sniper, S.H.I.E.L.D. Sniper may ignore her Wait for the Shot special power and re-roll an attack die with the S.H.I.E.L.D. Spotter's Assisted Observation and Improved Aim special powers.
Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-Card Updates:
7 March 2021 - Class changed to Agent, cost raised to 50 points

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Last edited by Splash; August 5th, 2022 at 11:12 PM. Reason: png
Old May 16th, 2010, 09:26 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: S.H.I.E.L.D. Sniper - Design Phase (WIP)

NAME = S.H.I.E.L.D. SNIPER

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = COMMON HERO
CLASS = AGENT
PERSONALITY = PRECISE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 1

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 9
ATTACK = 2
DEFENSE = 3

POINTS = 50

WAIT FOR THE SHOT
S.H.I.E.L.D. Sniper cannot attack non-adjacent figures if she moved this turn.

DEADLY SHOT
When attacking with S.H.I.E.L.D. Sniper, each skull rolled counts as one additional hit.

ADAPTIVE CAMOUFLAGE
For each defense die S.H.I.E.L.D. Sniper receives from height advantage or terrain when defending against a non-adjacent attack, S.H.I.E.L.D. Sniper receives one additional defense die.

Original Post:
Spoiler Alert!

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon

Last edited by tcglkn; March 7th, 2021 at 03:44 PM.
Old May 16th, 2010, 10:24 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post

RANGE 9
ATTACK 1

WAIT FOR THE SHOT
S.H.I.E.L.D. Sniper can only attack non-adjacent figures if she did not move this turn.

DEADLY SHOT
When attacking with S.H.I.E.L.D. Sniper, each skull rolled counts as one additional hit.
I really don't understand the way you have created the stats (Range & Attack) & powers on this card, (& I'm not being a smart a$$) but how does it work having a range of 9 that you can't use except by the power? Isn't that just what a Special Attack does? Or am I missing something basic here?

BTW I love the thematic names of the powers though.

Cheers
Old May 16th, 2010, 11:13 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

A3n, you should check out Deadeye Dan in the official game.
But, basically that power is just saying she can't move and attack from range on the same turn - effectively limiting her threat range on any given turn to 9 spaces.
I like what's here and I like and fully support all of Hahma's suggestions.
My only other suggestion is that we might want to look at the Microcorp Agents for some help with more official sounding wording for the defensive power.
Maybe, and I realize it isn't quite exactly the same thing, something like:

ADAPTIVE CAMOUFLAGE
When S.H.I.E.L.D. Sniper is defending from height advantage or with a jungle terrain bonus, she rolls an additional defense die.

Oh, and post a link for this to the Index and General Discussion thread and I'll update the first post there!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 16th, 2010, 11:48 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

I think you are looking for this figure right?

Clobberin Time 004 S.H.I.E.L.D. Sniper
Old May 16th, 2010, 11:53 PM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

I really love this concept. I think that this Sniper is going to be a lot of fun to play with when her partner comes out... I know something y'all don't know.

I will wait for things to evolve a bit in here first, but some cleaner wording for the powers is gonna be necessary, using official precedents of course.
Old May 17th, 2010, 12:26 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Some pix

Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!

Old May 17th, 2010, 03:14 AM

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
A3n, you should check out Deadeye Dan in the official game.
But, basically that power is just saying she can't move and attack from range on the same turn - effectively limiting her threat range on any given turn to 9 spaces.
That still doesn't quite clear it up for me. Deadeye Dan has it exactly how I would expect it. It has a Special Attack that you can't use if you moved, not a normal attack. It just seems very strange to have a normal attack that has a range that can't be used because of the special power, which tells you to use it normally only if you haven't moved. This to me would just the same as giving him a range of 1 & having a Special Attack that said:
Quote:
Deadly Shot Special Attack
Range 9. Attack 1.
S.H.I.E.L.D. Sniper can only attack with her Deadly Shot Special Attack if she did not move this turn. Each skull rolled counts as one additional hit.
So I guess I am still missing the point .

Cheers
Old May 17th, 2010, 03:34 AM

A3n, the only real difference is that as a normal attack, she can get modifiers like height advantage, Taelord, Captain America, Glyphs, etc. (as she should IMO). I think that it is a cool thematic element, that makes her somewhat opportunistic, and very dangerous under the right circumstances. I really like it myself.
Old May 17th, 2010, 06:38 AM

OK so it for the bonuses. Right. If we had a glyph that did the same thing as Wonder Woman's Lasso then would that mean she would get to use her normal attack after moving?
Old May 17th, 2010, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
OK so it for the bonuses. Right. If we had a glyph that did the same thing as Wonder Woman's Lasso then would that mean she would get to use her normal attack after moving?
Hunh? I don't understand what you are asking.
Old May 17th, 2010, 07:06 AM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Hunh? I don't understand what you are asking.

I think A3n means that if the Sniper's powers are nullified, would she then be able to attack non-adjacent figures after moving. Where unlike most of the time when you get negated, you are penalized, she would actually get to move.

Well, in answer to that A3n, sure she'd get to move and attack but she'd be much less effective with 1 attack die. Because while she'd be able to attack non-adjacent figures after moving, she'd lose the Deadly Shot power that double's any skulls rolled and she'd lose her Adaptive Camouflage power which doubles her defensive boost from height or jungle trees.

So while she'd be able to move and attack, she'd be doing so with an attack of 1 or 2 if she had height. So big deal, she'd be able to move now, but that ability to move and attack would be reflected in her much reduced effectiveness.

You put her at height normally and she's got an attack of 2 that doubles any skulls for a 0, 2, 4 potential. Add a attack +1 boost from a glyph, Taelord or Captain America and now she's got an attack of 3 for a 0, 2, 4, 6 skull potential from 9 spaces. If she's nullified, she loses half her effective damage potential and her defense boosts. So I'd say that she'd be significantly affected by a Nullify Glyph.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library