Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > HoME Customs
HoME Customs A place for Heroes of Middle Earth Customs

Notices

Old February 2nd, 2021, 05:47 PM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Peregrin (Pippin) - Rough Draft

Sweet, Merry and Pippin are my favorites!
I really liked Hamstring on Pippin's ancient design, could add something like this:
Quote:
TROLL'S BANE
When Pippin attacks a large or huge figure, add one automatic skull to his attack.
Old February 3rd, 2021, 03:27 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Good catch on the 2 adjacent hobbits issue with Unnoticed. The "if possible" might take care of it, but being clear is probably better.
Old October 18th, 2021, 12:34 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'm surpirsed Pippin only has 2/2 Attack Defense compared to Merry's 3/3. He's only 10 points less and Merry has a stronger bonding power and the Barrow-Wight Blade power to boot.

An argument could be made for making him the same as Merry in stats and points, just with Citadel Guard bonding instead of Hobbit bonding and a bonus against large/huge figures instead of undead ones.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old October 18th, 2021, 02:50 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

So, I suppose I think that Merry's stabbing of the Witch-King is more 'important' than Pippin's slaying of the troll by the Black Gate in terms of getting an explicit power. As such, I'm personally not a fan of adding a bonus against large/huge figures to Pippin.

Regarding base stat line, I'm more open to altering that, although if it was changed I think it would be reducing Merrys rather than increasing Pippins.

That being said, there's no reason why they necessarily have to be worth the same # of points.

Pippin's bonding power is reasonably strong already though; Gilbert having 5 defense in a Knights build or Drake having 5 defense on his own are both strong upgrades, I think.
Old October 18th, 2021, 03:49 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Merry got updated a few moments ago to reflect the stat reduction, these guys are identical now for stats. Pippin can buff a hero and currently fits alongside some strong heroes with no real penalty... added attack and defense to his hero is nice too.

Open to point reduction if the group sees fit, otherwise I think he is pretty close.
Old October 18th, 2021, 04:33 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I think the points here are still good. 40 seems fine to me.

I'm pretty happy with this version of Pippin. "Swear Fealty" makes for interesting choices from your opponent as to how to attack solo heroes supported by Pippin, which is a cool mechanic to introduce.
Old October 18th, 2021, 04:37 PM

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Perkins
Pippin's bonding power is reasonably strong already though; Gilbert having 5 defense in a Knights build or Drake having 5 defense on his own are both strong upgrades, I think.
Potentially... I feel that the Order Marker requirement for bonding blocks strong contenders like Gilbert who rely on KoW/McDirk bonding to be at their best. Sgt. Drake has his own bonding with Pathfinder Infantry now, but he is nonetheless the strongest official Scape choice for Pippin.

Still, an extra 40-50 points for +1 Attack/Defense on a single-attacking hero? Drake is good, but 210-220 points is pushing it even at a 7/5 A/D. And while Pippin can dodge attacks with Unnoticed, that only applies for adjacent attacks. I'd like to see how well it performs in practice.

I think 3/3 Merry/Pippin is not too egregious, but we'll see how they perform in playtesting. 3/3 might be too strong but 2/2 might turn out to be too weak.

I'm fine with dropping Hamstring/Trollsbane. Not every unit needs 3 powers.

~TAF

Old October 18th, 2021, 05:22 PM

Ah that's fair; it's been too long since I've read all these in detail and was thinking it worked by turn rather than order marker. So the Gilbert example is definitely wrong.

Ideally we'll get some good Jandar solo-ish heroes like Aragorn & Boromir that Pippin can bond well with, but we'd have to see what those cards end up looking like 1st.
Old October 18th, 2021, 06:00 PM

Aragorn's current version would be very strong with Pippin since he's got range and the potential to swing twice for 5. Only problem is he might be too fast for Pippin to keep up since he can get 7 move easily.

I think it'd be neat if Boromir was the go-to choice for bonding since he had a strong camaraderie with Merry and Pippin (at least in the films) and fought to the death to protect them.

~TAF

Old October 18th, 2021, 07:40 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

That would be pretty awesome!

He did have good canon relations and the project is all encompassing for source material so the movies are definitely valid. For 40 extra points Aragorn is allowed to be stronger at the cost of having to slow down I think lol

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > HoME Customs