Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Old January 17th, 2015, 08:12 AM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!
Re: X-Wing

4 Blue Squadron B-Wings each with Advanced Sensors is nuts. If you replace one with Tarn Mison and an R7 Astromech, it gets even crazier because your opponent will waste attacks firing at Tarn.

Tarn gets a TL on whatever declares an attack on him. The R7 allows you to force your opponent to reroll any amount of their attack dice once a round by spending a target lock. So what will happen is that Tarn will be invincible until he's the last ship you have, because any single attack thrown at him will be wasted. Either that, ir your opponent just won't shoot at him which works too, lol.

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep
Old January 17th, 2015, 10:51 AM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaGoomba Slayer View Post
4 Blue Squadron B-Wings each with Advanced Sensors is nuts. If you replace one with Tarn Mison and an R7 Astromech, it gets even crazier because your opponent will waste attacks firing at Tarn.

Tarn gets a TL on whatever declares an attack on him. The R7 allows you to force your opponent to reroll any amount of their attack dice once a round by spending a target lock. So what will happen is that Tarn will be invincible until he's the last ship you have, because any single attack thrown at him will be wasted. Either that, ir your opponent just won't shoot at him which works too, lol.
Yeah, Tarn's awesome! A B-Wing Swarm it Super Tanky, especially with Advanced Sensors.

I remembered yesterday that at my last tournament I faced another Rebel Swarm (XXBZZZ) when I had Hobbie+R3-A2, Tarn+R7, and 4 Bandit Zs. I lost init and it's part of the reason I lost that game, since only 2 of my guys could shoot before him.

Therefore, I've adjusted my new build. Tarn+R7, 3 Tala Zs, 3 Bandit Zs. Now if I were to face such a build again and lose init, 4 of my guys can shoot before them. Much nicer.
Old January 18th, 2015, 09:09 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

I went to the Winter Tournament at my local store today. Only two other people showed up - there were Magic and King of Tokyo tournaments going on at the same time, so I guess it's not too surprising that there was low turnout. Anyway, I ran this list:
Chewbacca (42)
Draw Their Fire (1)
Gunner (5)

Biggs Darklighter (25)
R2-F2 (3)
Experimental Interface (3)

Rookie Pilot (21)
I ran a similar list (with R2-D2 instead of R2-F2 on Biggs and Luke instead of Gunner on Chewie) at the last tournament I went to, which was before wave 4 hit. Despite that, I thought this list countered the new Phantom and Fat Turret meta well. My strategy was simple: use R2-F2 and Focus every turn with Biggs, keeping him in the back, hopefully at range 3. If any hits get through, Chewbacca will take the crits with Draw Their Fire. Meanwhile Chewie and the Rookie are attacking at range 1-2 with no fear of counterattacks since the opponent has to attack Biggs.

Since there were only three of us, we decided to each play each other once. My first match was against this Rebel list:
Ten Numb (31)
Marksmanship (3)
Fire-Control System (2)
Advanced Proton Torpedoes (6)
Proton Torpedoes (4)
Shield Upgrade (4)

Etahn A'baht (32)
R2-F2 (3)

Bandit Squadron Pilot (12)
Proton Rockets (3)
His list worked against himself, because with all the crits he was rolling, Chewie got to use Draw Their Fire every time Biggs was about to take damage. I took out the Bandit first then focused down Etahn. Once I started shooting Ten Numb he fell quickly with only 1 evade die. I won this game with about a half-health Chewie and Biggs, and an untouched Rookie Pilot.

The second and last round was against this list. I didn't think it was a very good list when I first saw it. Way too many points were spent on munitions. It was very likely that one or both ships would explode before using all of those torpedoes/missiles.
Captain Jonus (22)
Ruthlessness (3)
Cluster Missiles (4)
Cluster Missiles (4)
Hull Upgrade (3)

Major Rhymer (26)
Ruthlessness (3)
Cluster Missiles (4)
Cluster Missiles (4)
Hull Upgrade (3)
I started out with my usual Chewbacca - Rookie - Biggs pod in the middle while he separated his Bombers on each side of the field. I flew left to attack Major Rhymer first. He used Cluster Missiles at range 3 against Biggs (thanks to Rhymer's special ability), and hit him both times, activating Ruthlessness both times! Rhymer was destroyed by the next round, but Captain Jonus was trailing closely behind Biggs. However, I just let him trail right behind Biggs and took a focus and R2-F2 each round. Biggs took a lot of fire before falling, while Chewie and the Rookie were shooting Jonus the whole time. I won with a 6-hull Chewie and a shieldless Rookie - Ruthlessness did a lot of damage to my ships.

It was a good time and I took home a nice alternate art Han Solo and some acrylic cloak tokens. I guess that means it's time to buy a Phantom!
Old January 25th, 2015, 05:58 PM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!

So apparently a few people at a 32 person store championship in Kansas placed pretty high by playing 86 point lists. Two decked out named Phantoms and nothing else. If you put in a Tie Fighter, it's just going to die and give your enemy free points. You always get initiative because you're only flying 86 points.

Next 100 point tournament I'm flying it, I have a bunch of people in my area that don't think it's overpowered or that it strangles the meta. Hopefully I'll do well with it to prove them wrong. I could probably just abuse the 60 minute real time tournament rounds and one shot a few TIEs or Z-95's and then just run away until time is called. Kill something, then next turn decloak forward and do a forward 4 maneuver.

I've never played a TIE Phantom except for last night, but I've been stomped by them enough to know how to fly them. Most things move before your Phantom, so you can just see what they do and move willy nilly to pretty much wherever you want to go and then throw 5 attack dice at them.

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep
Old February 3rd, 2015, 12:28 PM

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

So I played at a local X-Wing tourney on Saturday, along with @Deroche and @NecroBlade .

21 people showed up. I brought my Tarnation build: Tarn Mison, R7 Astromech, Hull Upgrade, Bandits x6.

I won! Faced a Lando/Dash build, 2 Tie Swarms with Phantoms (one with a Sigma, other with Echo), and NecroBlade's Fat Han/Corran build. I did very well, most games I only lost 2 ships. Closest game was against the Echo/Tie build, where I lost 4 ships. Very fun; one $75 gift card to the store. I will definitely be flying it at the upcoming Store Championship!
Old February 3rd, 2015, 01:27 PM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

I flew Howlrunner with Adrenaline Rush, a Black Squadron TIE with Squad Leader, 3 Academy Pilot TIEs, and a Sigma Squadron Phantom with Advanced Cloaking Device at a store championship. Placed top 8.

The idea was to move up the Phantom, focus/evade it, then move up the Black Squadron and use Squad Leader to give the Phantom the other token. It worked decently. In one game I took 3 hits on it and then broke it off and flew it away until time.

I'm trying a modified version of the list with a Shadow Squadron Phantom and Stygium Particle Accelerator with Squad Leader on Howlrunner and Draw Their Fire on the Black Squadron. If the enemy sees an uncloaked Phantom, they might stack all of their target locks or move in such a way as to commit themself to kill the Phantom. Since Squad Leader is on Howl at PS 8 she'll move after your enemy has done this, and then you can cloak the Phantom with Squad Leader. It now has a focus, evade, and cloak with stygium. Delicious troll builds ftw.

Old February 3rd, 2015, 10:36 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Congrats, MegaSilver!

Sounds like you beat the tarnation out of your opponents, lol!

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old February 23rd, 2015, 10:52 PM

Does anyone have 2 Red A-Wings and 1 Grey B-Wing that they'd like to trade for 2 Blue A-Wings and 1 Red B-Wing?
Old February 24th, 2015, 11:19 AM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

I got some ships! Only played one game so far, but already I'm thinking of battlefields to build with Scape terrain...flying around ice glaciers and over hills should be cool!
Old February 24th, 2015, 12:16 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Looking forward to my Scum and Villainy! Should be here on Thur.

I must say it's really weird trying to build squads w/o a shuttle...

Totally gonna try out some bomb toting Y-wings though!

The pilot I'm most interested in is Kavil. I think if you load him/her out correctly you can get a wannabe Interceptor in a Y wing!

Kavil - PtL / Unhinged Astromech / Autoblaster Turret / EU.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old February 24th, 2015, 04:13 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

That's not a bad ship build there, MM.

I have to say, I am really looking forward to the Unhinged Astromech. Being able to hard turn after performing a red manuever to shred the stress? Awesome. Couple that with firing behind you with your Autoblaster Turret, and you have a nice combo there. Nice build indeed.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old February 28th, 2015, 01:04 AM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Had a chance to play with and against scum once.

Played against Torkil and 6 pirates. I got absolutely smoked. Torkil kept my higher pilot skill guys at 0 and it was pretty much all she wrote.

I then played Kavil with the upgrades I mentioned in a previous post, 2 pirates, and 2 heavy sycks w mangler cannons against a Dash / Lando build. Kavil did ok. It was hard to keep in range one. I think I'll switch out the autoblaster to the blaster turret and try that. But I was really impressed with the mangler cannons on the M3-A interceptors. They put in some mad work.

Can't wait to try out the rest! Good times!

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures