Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old August 31st, 2014, 02:27 PM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness
AMIS customs

Recently I did a quick tally of the custom's I use and found that I have 99 of them. I hrarely share these with the greater community. Mostly because my computer skills are tremendously lacking and joining this site is the most computer savy thing I've ever done - but I digress. Here are some of my favorites and others I'm working on.

Spoiler Alert!

Civil War customs:

Looking for assistance to help with the following cards for the Civil War Union side...

Starting with the leader/hero (a man who beat a political opponent with his cane for uttering an insult), then a squad (with a line of fire power) and finishing up with artillery (tried to keep thematic). Suggestions and comments are always welcome. And figure suggestions would be great as well.

Lovell Rousseau
Figure used - TBD.

Human
Unique Hero
Colonel
Demanding
Medium 5

Life:4
Move:5
Range:5
Attack:2
Defense:2

RATTAN CANE Spec. Attack (Range 1, Attack 1)
Instead of attacking with a normal attack Lovell Rousseau may use his Rattan Cane 4 times. Each attack may only be on the same figure.

LOYAL LEGION VOLUNTEERS
After taking a turn with Lovell Rousseau, you may move up to 4 Louisville Legion figures up to 5 hexes.

Louisville Legion
Figures used - TBD Squads of 4.

Human
Common Squad
Soldier
Loyal
Medium 5

Life:1
Attack:1
Points 50

POWER OF THE LINE
Instead of moving normally, each Louisville Legion figure you control may move up to 1 space. If they did not move normally, then when they make an attack they may add one additional attack die for each adjacent Louisville Legion figure you control (up to a maximum of 2 additional dice).

Coffee Mill Gun
Figure used - TBD - Going to be tough to find.

Human
Common Hero
Artillery
Terrifying
Large 5

Move:2
Range:6
Attack:3
Points 80

SWEEPING REPEATING GUN
After attacking with the Coffee Mill Gun, you may attack and adjacent figure to the original figure targeted. After this second attack you may attack one more a figure adjacent to the second figure but you may not hit the same figure twice.

OVERHEATING
During an attack, if more shields are rolled than skulls then the Coffee Mill Gun has overheated and immediately ends it's turn.

Here's my Confederate Side.

Starting with the leader/hero (a west point ranked officer who left politics to join the south), then a squad (with a building damage power) and finishing up with artillery (tried to keep thematic). Suggestions and comments are always welcome. And figure suggestions would be great as well.

Rice Graves
Figure used - TBD.

Human
Unique Hero
Major
Skillful
Medium 5

Life:4
Attack:2

CHIEF OF ARTILLERY
Instead of taking a turn with Rice Graves you may take a turn with an adjacent Artillery unit adding 1 to that units Range and Attack.

WEST POINT TRAINING
After taking a turn with Rice Graves, you may move up an Artillery unit up to 2 hexes if Chief of Artillery was not used this turn.

Orphan Brigade
Figures used - TBD Squads of 4.

Human
Common Squad
Recruits
Rebellious
Medium 5

Attack:1
Points 70

HEAVY CASUALTIES SPECIAL ATTACK
Once one of the Orphan Brigade figures is removed from the board, place a heavy casualty token on this card. For each heavy casualty token on this card add one die to each attack. Once more than three tokens would be on this card, remove all tokens from the card. Once tokens have been removed, you may again start to place tokens on the next turn.

Confederate Cannon
Figure used - TBD.

Human
Common Hero
Artillery
Terrifying
Large 5

Move:2
Range:6
Attack:3
Points 70

EXPLOSIVE SHOT 2
Before rolling to hit roll a 20 sided die. On a 1 or 2 the cannon will self explode. Remove the Confederate Cannon figure from the game and roll a 1 unblockable attack die against all adjacent figures.

CANNON BLAST
After rolling defence for the targeted figure on a normal attack, all adjacent figures to the targeted figure must roll defense against the same attack roll minus 1 skull (to a minimum of 0).

Thanks to @Blue Trails and @yamissflash for the suggestions on the civil war powers and the Ogre Figure's official name!
Thanks to @caps for wording help.

Still not sure how much I like the heavy casualties power but I will playtest this (4 units striking with 4 hit dice may mean a point increase).

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; January 5th, 2023 at 06:33 PM. Reason: Suggestions welcome
Old September 1st, 2014, 01:48 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Re: AMIS customs

You may want to check out this thread to find people who can turn your ideas into printable cards. Good luck!
Old September 1st, 2014, 05:36 PM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
You may want to check out this thread to find people who can turn your ideas into printable cards. Good luck!
Thanks but I have my own cards created (I just generally suck when it comes to working on computers - excel and word I'm good with the rest not so much). Joining this site is the most technologically challenging thing I've done.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; September 1st, 2014 at 05:37 PM. Reason: If I could upload I would but AMIS and computer just don't really mix.
Old September 1st, 2014, 06:37 PM

CrzyRaccoon is surprisingly tart

Argumentative should be if you roll 1 or 2 to not attack or move. In heroscape, with the D20, you want to roll high, so having a negative effect by rolling a 20 seem weird.
Old September 1st, 2014, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrzyRaccoon View Post
Argumentative should be if you roll 1 or 2 to not attack or move. In heroscape, with the D20, you want to roll high, so having a negative effect by rolling a 20 seem weird.
Actually I went with 1 or 20 to show the opposite arguments between the two heads. But I do see what you mean.

Last edited by AMIS; September 1st, 2014 at 07:50 PM. Reason: Although looking at it, it always looked like a typo to me.
Old September 1st, 2014, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIS View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrzyRaccoon View Post
Actually I went with 1 or 20 to show the opposite arguments between the two heads. But I do see what you mean.
I see, but may I ask, why is he arguing himself, is he like two personalities in 1 body or what?
Old September 2nd, 2014, 02:03 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

That is fairly typical for Ettins. The two heads are in conflict with each other.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old September 2nd, 2014, 03:42 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

Looks cool!

A couple of suggestions on language that would be more "official" sounding:

Lethal Claw
When making a normal attack on a small, medium, or large figure, if Hamilton rolls at least three skulls, the figure is destroyed.

At least I think this is what you mean by "strikes with three skulls" and not "causes three wounds." Also would the defender roll defense dice? It would matter for something like Counterstrike I suppose. If you meant for the figure to not roll defense, perhaps just say:

Lethal Claw
When making a normal attack on a small, medium, or large figure, if Hamilton rolls at least three skulls, the figure does not roll defense dice. Destroy the defending figure.

Ruthless Gaze 15
Before moving, you may choose a Unique Hero within 5 clear sight spaces of Hamilton. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 15 or higher remove all order markers on the chosen figure's army card.

Since this is slightly different from Dund's Crippling Gaze (Unique Heroes only) you should consider renaming the power. The rest just mirrors that power's wording. Usually you write out "roll the 20-sided die" instead of "d20" and don't describe what's happening with the power, it's implied by what happens and the power's name.

Just suggestions of course, for your own play you may not care so much. Look forward to seeing more!
Old September 2nd, 2014, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
That is fairly typical for Ettins. The two heads are in conflict with each other.
Ok I see.
Old September 2nd, 2014, 07:21 PM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Hamilton
I'm all for seeing weretigers. His stats seem like an interesting trade off with the Werewolf Lord, but Lethal Claw downright terrifies me in a match. If the attack functions like Lethal Sting from the Rechets of Bodgan, there is a 43.75% chance that he will immediately destroy anything he attacks except for huger figures. If he is able to claim any sort of height, it shoots up to an even 50% chance with any further bonuses exacerbating the matter (over 65% at 6 attack). While this is not a problem for squads that he'd be destroying anyway, it is pretty devastating when he has such a high chance of obliterating even the sturdiest of heroes in a single swipe. Couple in the fact that he is a bonding hero and so fast, I fear that he is generally undercosted without even considering Crippling Gaze. The latter ability is certainly better on a bonding, although limiting it to Unique Heroes only definitely diminishes its use.

Ettin
I assume the lycanthrope part is a mistake. Also, I am uncertain when Argumentative should be rolled since you say it is before attacking but then is not able to move if the roll is failed. Dissenting Attack is an interesting variant on double attack that can potentially hurt your own side so I'm sure it is fun to work around. The hero seems solid for his points, especially if you add VC units to your game and pair him with Crypt Guardians.

Thank you for sharing. I look forward to seeing more of your designs.
Old September 3rd, 2014, 08:54 PM

@ Crzyracoon - I always have Ettins argue with themselves so this seemed very stereotypical to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshMEL View Post
Looks cool!

A couple of suggestions on language that would be more "official" sounding:

Lethal Claw
When making a normal attack on a small, medium, or large figure, if Hamilton rolls at least three skulls, the figure is destroyed.

At least I think this is what you mean by "strikes with three skulls" and not "causes three wounds." Also would the defender roll defense dice? It would matter for something like Counterstrike I suppose. If you meant for the figure to not roll defense, perhaps just say:

Lethal Claw
When making a normal attack on a small, medium, or large figure, if Hamilton rolls at least three skulls, the figure does not roll defense dice. Destroy the defending figure.

Ruthless Gaze 15
Before moving, you may choose a Unique Hero within 5 clear sight spaces of Hamilton. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 15 or higher remove all order markers on the chosen figure's army card.

Since this is slightly different from Dund's Crippling Gaze (Unique Heroes only) you should consider renaming the power. The rest just mirrors that power's wording. Usually you write out "roll the 20-sided die" instead of "d20" and don't describe what's happening with the power, it's implied by what happens and the power's name.

Just suggestions of course, for your own play you may not care so much. Look forward to seeing more!
I like those suggestions, Thanks!

Last edited by AMIS; September 3rd, 2014 at 09:08 PM. Reason: I'll edit the op soon - at least for lethal claw.
Old September 3rd, 2014, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ixe View Post
Hamilton
I'm all for seeing weretigers. His stats seem like an interesting trade off with the Werewolf Lord, but Lethal Claw downright terrifies me in a match. If the attack functions like Lethal Sting from the Rechets of Bodgan, there is a 43.75% chance that he will immediately destroy anything he attacks except for huger figures. If he is able to claim any sort of height, it shoots up to an even 50% chance with any further bonuses exacerbating the matter (over 65% at 6 attack). While this is not a problem for squads that he'd be destroying anyway, it is pretty devastating when he has such a high chance of obliterating even the sturdiest of heroes in a single swipe. Couple in the fact that he is a bonding hero and so fast, I fear that he is generally undercosted without even considering Crippling Gaze. The latter ability is certainly better on a bonding, although limiting it to Unique Heroes only definitely diminishes its use.

Ettin
I assume the lycanthrope part is a mistake. Also, I am uncertain when Argumentative should be rolled since you say it is before attacking but then is not able to move if the roll is failed. Dissenting Attack is an interesting variant on double attack that can potentially hurt your own side so I'm sure it is fun to work around. The hero seems solid for his points, especially if you add VC units to your game and pair him with Crypt Guardians.

Thank you for sharing. I look forward to seeing more of your designs.
LOL, yes the Ettin is an Ettin and not a Lycanthrope...although that would be an interesting character indeed!

You would roll for Argumentative before taking the turn, ie before moving and/or attacking.

At first I had Hamilton at 160 but he has been play tested aound here for a long time. 120 seems to be the best balance. He's actually relatively easy to take down with any one squad with WTF. It's an easy and simple counter.
Include the bonding and you have WoB and Hamilton vs 2 squads of WTF (with point room for more options).

Last edited by AMIS; September 3rd, 2014 at 09:11 PM. Reason: We all love more options!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards