Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Old October 4th, 2022, 09:52 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
Re: Heroscape 2nd Edition is here!

Are we sure that buying multiple sets, ups the backer count just as many? "Backers" seems like very specific wording to me. If I'm understanding correctly, if the project funds, this will open the doors to some sort of retail release (unless I'm making that up and didn't actually hear that). But if behind the 8000 backers the project is calling for, is really only 4-5K actual people, would that make a retail release viable? Expecting a minority to buy up all the product on the shelves nation wide?

Just spitballing here... I'm sure that 8000 number, plugged into their algorithm, tells them that the game is viable when extrapolated out. The number of unique backers has to matter, doesn't it?

-insert signature here-
Old October 4th, 2022, 09:53 AM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dendrik View Post
The question is, how much are we willing to spend to get Heroscape back? I've backed 3 sets, one to keep unpainted, one to ship to my artist sister to be painted and one to keep sealed. But I could afford 5 sets, or even more if I push my bank account to its limits. We need a contingency plan if this thing isn't backed in time. I'm planning on lending friends money to buy 5 sets if things are not reached by say November 10th.

Anyone else willing to do this? How much are we really willing to pay to bring Heroscape back? Those extra sets will only gain value, like other Heroscape product, so really it's an investment. We cannot let Heroscape die again!
What, no second mortgage? If you're not spending at least $10,000, are you really doing enough?

(Tongue and cheek here. If this fails, it's not on the community).
Lolz. I just think it might be beneficial to start thinking about what we can afford to buy vs. what we will actually use.

Handle origin: I used to film comedy skits with my friends. I didn't want any cursing in them, so I made up new insults, like "dendrik". Then Sir Denrick came out, and the rest is history.
Old October 4th, 2022, 09:53 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Are we sure that buying multiple sets ups the backer count just as many? "Backers" seems like very specific wording to me. If I'm understanding correctly, if the project funds, this will open the doors to some sort of retail release (unless I'm making that up and didn't actually hear that). But if behind the 8000 backers the project is calling for, is really only 4-5K backers, would that make a retail release viable? Expecting a minority to buy up all the product on the shelves nation wide?
It's been verified multiple times by Avalon Hill officials that each set purchased counts as one "backer." It's unnecessarily confusing terminology but, hey, that's Heroscape for ya.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 4th, 2022, 09:54 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
The question is, how much are we willing to spend to get Heroscape back? I've backed 3 sets, one to keep unpainted, one to ship to my artist sister to be painted and one to keep sealed. But I could afford 5 sets, or even more if I push my bank account to its limits. We need a contingency plan if this thing isn't backed in time. I'm planning on lending friends money to buy 5 sets if things are not reached by say November 10th.

Anyone else willing to do this? How much are we really willing to pay to bring Heroscape back? Those extra sets will only gain value, like other Heroscape product, so really it's an investment. We cannot let Heroscape die again!
What, no second mortgage? If you're not spending at least $10,000, are you really doing enough?

(Tongue and cheek here. If this fails, it's not on the community).
Lolz. I just think it might be beneficial to start thinking about what we can afford to buy vs. what we will actually use.
Hold on, on the phone with my financial adviser about cashing out my retirement funds early ... steep penalties, sure, but Heroscape is more important than my long term financial health.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 4th, 2022, 09:59 AM

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Are we sure that buying multiple sets ups the backer count just as many? "Backers" seems like very specific wording to me. If I'm understanding correctly, if the project funds, this will open the doors to some sort of retail release (unless I'm making that up and didn't actually hear that). But if behind the 8000 backers the project is calling for, is really only 4-5K backers, would that make a retail release viable? Expecting a minority to buy up all the product on the shelves nation wide?
It's been verified multiple times by Avalon Hill officials that each set purchased counts as one "backer." It's unnecessarily confusing terminology but, hey, that's Heroscape for ya.
Ha! Works for me... I guess

-insert signature here-
Old October 4th, 2022, 10:00 AM

Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by caps View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finrod View Post
No, you're not. At this point, it's highly unlikely to get funded, barring some major changes in either interest or the campaign itself (and I don't think I've ever seen Hasbro change a campaign in the middle).
Interesting. It seems to me that we are steadily moving towards funding within the first few weeks.
You are far more optimistic than I!

I'm just going by what I've observed on other crowdfunding campaigns. Our big "surge" at the beginning was only around 1,000. The final surge is usually less than that. And we've slowed growth now down to near 100 a day. Even if we maintain that, it takes us to a little over 6,000 at best.

I want this to succeed in every way possible. I've backed it. I've posted about it where I can and faced brutal mockery for it. But it's discouraging right now. I just don't see it happening.
Old October 4th, 2022, 10:03 AM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by caps View Post
Quote:
No, you're not. At this point, it's highly unlikely to get funded, barring some major changes in either interest or the campaign itself (and I don't think I've ever seen Hasbro change a campaign in the middle).
Interesting. It seems to me that we are steadily moving towards funding within the first few weeks.
You are far more optimistic than I!

I'm just going by what I've observed on other crowdfunding campaigns. Our big "surge" at the beginning was only around 1,000. The final surge is usually less than that. And we've slowed growth now down to near 100 a day. Even if we maintain that, it takes us to a little over 6,000 at best.

I want this to succeed in every way possible. I've backed it. I've posted about it where I can and faced brutal mockery for it. But it's discouraging right now. I just don't see it happening.
I'm waiting for the surge after Dice Tower makes a video about the campaign.

Handle origin: I used to film comedy skits with my friends. I didn't want any cursing in them, so I made up new insults, like "dendrik". Then Sir Denrick came out, and the rest is history.
Old October 4th, 2022, 10:18 AM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

I’d recommend anyone concerned about the crowdfund pacing who has never backed a HasLab check out this post on Reddit.
Old October 4th, 2022, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
I’d recommend anyone concerned about the crowdfund pacing who has never backed a HasLab check out this post on Reddit.
Good post. Sets my mind a little at ease but I will stop worrying when we're at 8k.

Old October 4th, 2022, 10:22 AM

Quote:
I think a final surge for this campaign (assuming it hasn't reached it's goal yet) may act differently than most crowdfunding campaigns we know. I can definitely see (for those who can afford it, and probably some who can't) Scapers adding an additional set to their pledge as a final desperate act to fund. Will it be enough, not sure, but I think that's were a final surge may come from.

Either way I'm likely to add a second set to my pledge in the end and I can for sure see myself getting caught up in the wave and maxing out if necessary.

-insert signature here-
Old October 4th, 2022, 10:25 AM
Upset City Baby!

brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I commend everyone buying multiple sets in the hopes to sell later or especially to ship to international fans at cost. Just don't hit your bank account limits. I really want it to come back, and I don't have qualms mentioning the PayPal monthly payment option to people, but 1,000 people buying eight copies each is not going to truly showcase a viable future of expansions. I'm getting one copy. I'm not in this for reselling. It is one hell on a one and done if that ends up being the case. I can't imagine this having more next year if it doesn't hit the 16K sales. I just can't

Upset City Baby.
Old October 4th, 2022, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
From that post:

Quote:
"why is there only one option? there should be multiple tiers." Haslab is just the one thing. That is how each of the other projects have operated. Does it make total sense for Heroscape? maybe not. But this is not a traditional crowd funding campaign. it is more like an order list with a minimum.
That's just straight up false. The Heroquest campaign had more than one tier and was very successful and brought up as that model for this.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion