Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old March 26th, 2014, 05:02 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Unless I end up going on a date :P

No real changes other than the +2 to attack, right? I only skimmed the power and it looks the same. I'll probably end up testing sometime this weekend or something.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old March 26th, 2014, 05:05 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Re: Boot Camp of Valhalla: Kobolds of Idona Keep (Playtestin

Yeah, other power was just wording changes, nothing mechanical (bringing it a bit more in line with the Greenscales than the Macdirks).
Old April 2nd, 2014, 04:23 AM

Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'm starting a battle report featuring the kobolds. I'll post a round every day.
Old April 8th, 2014, 03:16 AM

Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyrgard View Post
I'm starting a battle report featuring the kobolds. I'll post a round every day.
The report is now finished. I added some comments on the kobolds at the end. I had a blast playing them, and the +2 attack when the master is dead really give them a punch at end-game, I found them perfect ! Not devastating, but I also never regreted puting an order marker on them, and for me, it is the best sign !
Old April 8th, 2014, 09:45 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Awesome. Hopefully this direction works well... anyone else planning on any tests?
Old May 16th, 2014, 12:12 AM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Old May 21st, 2014, 03:13 PM
Um... Why am I a moderator?

Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness

So... Do we need more play testing, or are these ready to submit?
Old May 21st, 2014, 03:17 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

They probably will need some more testing, even if only to check their overall balance. Unfortunately, I never did get around to doing any more of the testing, but I can try to run a bit through the week.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old May 21st, 2014, 04:50 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

I've been planning on running a few tests myself. Other things have taken precedence, though.
Old May 26th, 2014, 10:29 AM

Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I ran a small test for the new Kobolds of Idona Keep.

Armies: Kobolds of Idona Keep x5, Raelin ROTV, Omnicron Snipers x2 (505 points) vs. Grok Riders x2, Ne-Gok-Sa, Mimring (500 points)

Map: A creation or mine, not necessarily completely balanced, but I thought it was good. It was rather bumpy, making it hard for melee, but there were some clear, flat paths perfect for the Groks. The map also had two random glyphs.

Firstly, I tested this with my younger sibling, who isn't the best player. Nextly, I knew the Groks weren't great, but I have a soft spot for them and I thought they had a bit of chance. Finally, to make a long story short, the Kobolds were victorious.

The Jandar army was extremely defensive. They found the Defense +1 glyph and stayed around Raelin. They Kobolds made a very good screen, especially after Raelin took some wounds and they were able to mass crowd the Marro. I don't think they ever rolled less than 4 defense dice. My brother whined constantly about how the Kobolds where overpowered, but he didn't realize that Raelin is the overpowered one and he didn't use Mimring as much as he should have. I thought that the Kobolds really were champs and did their job, protecting Raelin from death and bogging down Ne-Gok-Sa so he couldn't attempt a game changing Mindshackle. However, my army was rather offensively weak, due to the fact that my Omnicron's dice were not hot, and it took me a while to whittle away the enemy. In the end, there were two Kobolds, two Omnicrons, and a two life Raelin.

Once again, I really like this new form of the Kobolds, even though I didn't use Avenge the master. The Kobolds' turns went faster because I didn't have to worry about mob attack or flanking. Warriors Devotion worked very well. I think there could be the need to tweak these guys, as this was just one play test that could have gone much differently against a much more skilled opponent, or in different armies, however.

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

Maklar the Silver Prince's Customs
Old May 26th, 2014, 11:27 AM

Thanks for the report, Maklar !

The kobolds still need more testing, I guess, so feel free to use them in your battles ! Whol will find the best way to use them with different Masters ?

Taelord the Kyrie Warrior
2x 4th Mass
4x Kobolds of Idona Keep
= 500 points
The kobolds are the screen, Taelord try to boost them AND the 4th mass. If the opponent try to kill the 4th mass, the kobolds tie them, if they go for Taelord, they'll face either boosted 4th mass or more kobolds activation, or strong kobolds, and if the try to wither the kobolds, the 4th mass make them under heavy fire

Ulfrid Hornwrangler
2x Axegrinders of burning forge
4x Kobolds of Idona Keep
Marro Warriors
Guilty McCreech
= 500 points
Marro Warrior and Guilty are for harrassing the opponent and make it come to you. Then the Axegrinders and Ulfrid can take care of their main force. Depending of the situation, The kobolds can move in to swarm, or as cleanup

Tyrian the Kyrie Warrior
5x Kobolds of Idona Keep
Raelin the Kyrie Warrior (v1)
Zetacron
Marcu Esenwein
= 495points
Tyrian goes on a suicide mission to take as much as he can. When he die, and under Raelin, the kobolds become like Horned Skull Brutes, only 30points cheaper per squad ! Zetacron is there to help keeping the fight under Raelin's aura. Marcu does what Marcu does.

If you don't have the time to test the Kobolds, do you have good ideas of armies to play them with ?
Old July 3rd, 2014, 02:57 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

Ixe has graciously given the Kobolds of Idona Keep a look in his Playtesting Thread, so check that out HERE. If you're short on ideas as per testing, hopefully that will get your gears turning.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards