Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media
Other Media Books, Music, Movies, Television, Comics, etc.

Old May 3rd, 2007, 01:38 AM

Venom has disabled reputation
Magneto- The Movie

http://movies.msn.com/movies/hitlist...-07_4?GT1=7701

Quote:
After the release of "X-Men: The Last Stand" almost a year ago, 20th Century Fox said they had no plans to produce a fourth installment of the popular franchise because it was too pricey because of the many big-name movie stars attached to it. However, the studio said it was considering spin-offs revolving around the popular characters of Wolverine and Magneto. Not surprisingly, "Wolverine" got the first go ahead with Hugh Jackman on board. Although it's currently without a director, the picture is expected to begin production before the end of the year. As for "Magneto," Variety reports the X-Men's greatest foe is also getting his own shot at the big screen. Conveniently announced the day before his latest movie, "The Invisible," opened (and bombed), Fox has brought veteran comic-book movie guru David Goyer ("Batman Begins") on board to helm the Master of Magnetism's origin.

Goyer's picture will follow a story line hinted at in the original "X-Men" movie in which Magneto deals with understanding his mutant powers during his family's internment at the Auschwitz concentration camp during World War II. It is there that Magneto first meets Professor Charles Xavier, an American soldier liberating the camp (and who later forms the X-Men). After being freed, Magneto hones his powers by hunting down and killing the Nazi war criminals that tortured him. His thirst for vengeance eventually turns Xavier into his enemy and more conflict ensues. Both adversaries will be played by actors in their 20s, but it is expected that Ian McKellen, who originated the character, will participate in a limited capacity. What is puzzling about the announcement is that Magneto is clearly a villain to most moviegoers. And after the critical and box-office disappointment of the last prequel movie that focused on a madman's origin story, "Hannibal Rising," you have to wonder whether there is a big audience for this type of film. It's clear that Fox, Marvel and Goyer think there is.

Old May 3rd, 2007, 10:34 AM
Admin

Oogie_Da_Bruce is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Oogie_Da_Bruce is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Thanks for the link, Venom.

I think it's great that Magneto is getting his own movie. He's one of those characters, who's not altogether pure evil. There were alot of things from his past that make him who he is and at times, you can almost understand why he feels the way he does.

Plus it will be cool to see him and Charles Xavier in their younger days.

Frack up them Nazis, Eric!!!

Recent Games Played:
Old May 3rd, 2007, 12:16 PM
Man Genius

InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I agree that Magneto would make a fantastic protagonist. I would see it. It would be a nice change from the standard do-gooder superhero fare.

http://drakesflames.blogspot.com
Drake's Flames, my crassly opinionated game review site. Updates three times a week.
Old May 3rd, 2007, 11:28 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityMax
I agree that Magneto would make a fantastic protagonist. I would see it. It would be a nice change from the standard do-gooder superhero fare.

Careful what you wish for...
Old May 4th, 2007, 01:29 AM
Man Genius

InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Point taken, but I would have a hard time believing Magneto would be a titillating vehicle for sophomoric lesbian jokes.

http://drakesflames.blogspot.com
Drake's Flames, my crassly opinionated game review site. Updates three times a week.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media