Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old January 1st, 2022, 01:03 PM

Qualizium rolls all skulls baby! Qualizium rolls all skulls baby! Qualizium rolls all skulls baby! Qualizium rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Public Design Workshop

I would compare D.VA's meka to something like Iron Man's hulkbuster suit. Definitely doesn't feel like a VDO to me.

edit: just to throw my two cents in on the design, rather than hoping for a second 'pilot D.VA' down the road, I'd have liked to see a simplified version of Defense Matrix which would make room for a simple Eject power on the card that nullifies all her special powers and reduces her stats and size the first time she would be destroyed.

Just a thought. If this kind of thing has already been discussed, then I apologize.

Last edited by Qualizium; January 1st, 2022 at 01:36 PM.
Old January 1st, 2022, 04:57 PM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Yeah I see this as an Iron Man style design, but power armor also isn't super necessary unless that's the kind of thing that would go on SP//Dr and anyone else in like a mini Mecha. I mean I guess it's a real fuzzy in-between, mechs/zords/gundams do kinda feel like really big power armors anyway, so to me it feels more theme dependent I guess idk.. or maybe like it has to be like a suit they put on??

Anything unique to a character shouldn't be VDO for anyone to drive I think, I really like the design and I think it captures the whole shebang/concept of the character. And Pilot Hana Song for mechs and planes/whathaveyou could be saved for a rainy day.

Anywho, hoping the design passes vote, cause she looks like a really fun generalist I'll be excited to playtest!
Old January 1st, 2022, 07:55 PM

Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Originally I had D.Va as a flip card that flipped between pilot and mech, but after the recent Gundam stuff I think pilot D.Va being a separate card makes more sense. She can be used with other mechs, but it also allows mech D.Va to function on her own.

Early on in the Overwatch's lifespan D.Va could die to her mech exploding, and in the animated short the explosion knocked her out, so I think this D.Va can function pretty well as is. Another thing is that the devs of Overwatch have actively said some in-game stuff isn't canon, so the standalone D.Va (mech) design can focus on this explosion taking her out too, whilst the pilot can add the constant flip between the two.

A mod for pilot D.Va won't be too hard anyway, just repaint a mini in a bodysuit with a gun and you've got her. I have had a couple of ideas for minis already, though I have a few designs I would like to do before the pilot version.

Thanks for all the feedback guys, seeing people excited for her is nice to see!
Old January 2nd, 2022, 09:07 AM

Qualizium rolls all skulls baby! Qualizium rolls all skulls baby! Qualizium rolls all skulls baby! Qualizium rolls all skulls baby!

To me, ejecting and running around with her little blaster gun is iconic and thematic, D.VA as a generalist pilot character isn't really. I could kinda sorta see it if she was a pilot prior to the MEKA program, but she was recruited due to being a pro gamer. I don't think we ever even see her piloting a different vehicle, so it feels weird to me to have a pilot D.VA that gets some kind of synergy with a Gundam or Leopardon or whatever future mecha VDOs.

If Heroscape was a complex simulation wargame or tabletop roleplaying game with all kinds of stats, then sure, D.VAs Piloting:Mecha stat number should be significantly higher than the average character, but in the context of a Heroscape card it doesn't seem iconic enough. Much like you wouldn't go out of your way to fit some kind of fighter jet synergy onto a design for Tracer.

If you want to represent her getting knocked out, you could always make ejecting a d20 roll instead of a surefire thing, although personally I think that would be an unnecessary complication.

Anyway I won't belabor the point if I'm the only one who has this concern. Getting D.VA into the game would be awesome regardless.
Old January 2nd, 2022, 02:31 PM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Here's the Plague of Frogs idea I had, maybe it'll complement Lord of the Flies lol, in all seriousness I do hope it'll help Rasputin.
Quote:
PLAGUE OF FROGS
UNIQUE SPELL
?Points?

Start the game with 4 green Frog Markers. After revealing an Order Marker on this figure's card, instead of taking a turn, roll the 20-sided die one at a time for all Human figures within 3 clear sight spaces of this figure that are not Event Heroes. If you roll 5 or higher for a friendly figure, place a Frog Marker on its card. If you roll a 19 or higher for an enemy figure, place a Frog Marker on its card and take control of that army card. Any figure with a Frog Marker placed on its card by this spell cannot use any special powers on its Army Card, has the species of Amphibian instead of what is listed on its card, and has a Range of 1. In addition, add 1 to the attack and defense number of any Common figure with a Frog Marker on its card. An opponent can never take temporary or permanent control of any figure with a Frog Marker on its card.

Last edited by Splash; January 2nd, 2022 at 03:36 PM.
Old January 2nd, 2022, 02:42 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Should we subtype these for the inevitable Moses card?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 2nd, 2022, 03:00 PM

Idk that might open the door for angry Old testament god who would just wipe out everyone on the board.
Old January 2nd, 2022, 03:04 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Doesn’t make sense how it starts with a certain number of markers but then if a certain type of figures casts the spell it suddenly has more.
Old January 2nd, 2022, 03:05 PM

Quote:
NAME = GRIGORI RASPUTIN

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CULTIST
PERSONALITY = FANATICAL

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 7

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = ?

OTHERWORLDLY INCANTATION
At the start of the game you may choose a Unique Demon Hero in your army and place it on this card. At the start of each round, if Grigori Rasputin is in your Start Zone, roll the 20-sided die, adding 1 to your roll for each Genius you control, to a maximum of 3. If you roll a 13 or higher, you may either:
  • Place the chosen Demon on any empty space in either your or your opponent’s Start Zone; or
  • Choose a Unique Hero adjacent to Grigori Rasputin, remove an unrevealed Order Marker from its card, and Grigori Rasputin may use any special attacks on the chosen Hero's army card until that figure next takes a turn.

SPIRITUAL CONDUIT OF THE OGDRU JAHAD
Grigori Rasputin is considered to have the species of Demon in addition to what is listed on this card. When Grigori Rasputin is destroyed, you may place his figure on the card of a Unique or Event Hero you control with the class of Genius or Hell Lord. Once per game, you may remove Grigori Rasputin from that chosen figure’s card to add 5 to the 20-sided die roll of any special power on that card.

MAGICAL DEFENSE
When Grigori Rasputin is attacked by an opponent's figure that does not have the Magical Defense special power, the most wounds Grigori Rasputin can take for this attack is one.
Changed the first power and made him Demon on the second.

Last edited by Splash; January 2nd, 2022 at 03:38 PM.
Old January 2nd, 2022, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
Doesn’t make sense how it starts with a certain number of markers but then if a certain type of figures casts the spell it suddenly has more.
I had it as 4 originally, but it was said he isn't really worth going after so I thought some Spells that pump him up might make him more of a threat.

I changed the first power so he can harness an opposing figure's special attack powers so maybe it's not necessary anymore. It's a lot more offensive and thematic than what I had. Basically now, his powers represent each time he tried to end the world; the first time he summoned Hellboy and the second time he took control of Liz's flame.

I'll just have it at 4.
Old January 2nd, 2022, 03:14 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

I’d just boost the d20 roll if the caster is what you want. But also like that spell is extremely wordy as is. Also taking control of common figure’s army cards means you get every single one that player controls so that’s not gonna fly.
Old January 2nd, 2022, 03:18 PM

How often do people really draft that many commons though with nothing left over? Maybe the 5 could be for non-Event friendlies and the 19 could be for non-Event opponent figures.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy