Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old June 28th, 2008, 11:36 AM

Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Friendly Figures in Water

I've been playing this game for quite a while, but there's one point where I am unsure how it should be done.

If I have a friendly figure in the water, can I move another figure onto that hex, then through to another unoccupied space because the figure cannot stop there? (Figure 1)

Also, if a double spaced figure is moves into the water and the first water tile he moves on is a different height than the second he wishes to move on, can he move through the first to get to a spot where he can stand?
(Figure 2)

Figure 1:

Kaemon Awa Tagawa Samurai Free Water Space
(in water)

Can Kaemon Awa move through the Tagawa Samurai, who is in the water, to the free water space, because he cannot stop on the first water hex he comes to (the one the Samurai is on)

Figure 2:

Sir Dupuis Water (h1) Water(h2) Water(h2)

Can Sir Dupuis move to the first water hex, then to the second, then to the third because he cannot occupy the first and second?

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old June 28th, 2008, 11:54 AM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R chean is a man of the cloth R chean is a man of the cloth R chean is a man of the cloth R chean is a man of the cloth R chean is a man of the cloth R chean is a man of the cloth R chean is a man of the cloth R chean is a man of the cloth R chean is a man of the cloth R chean is a man of the cloth R chean is a man of the cloth R chean is a man of the cloth R chean is a man of the cloth R chean is a man of the cloth R chean is a man of the cloth
Re: Friendly Figures in Water

1.) Nope, no figure bridges.

2.) I would say yes go for it! (not sure on this one)

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old June 28th, 2008, 12:03 PM

Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

1. No figure bridges, as Ry said.

2. From 3rd edition rulebook:

Quote:
Double-space figures can move past one water space that's between two non-water spaces without stopping; they must stop only if they move onto two water spaces.
Dupuis has to stop once he steps on two water spaces. Since the second water space is uneven with the first, he can't stop there. So, in conclusion, no, Dupuis cannot move there at all.
Old June 28th, 2008, 12:04 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Shackle View Post

Quote:
Double-space figures can move past one water space that's between two non-water spaces without stopping; they must stop only if they move onto two water spaces.
Dupuis has to stop once he steps on two water spaces. Since the second water space is uneven with the first, he can't stop there. So, in conclusion, no, Dupuis cannot move there at all.
I would agree with SS.
Old June 28th, 2008, 06:35 PM

Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Alright, that's what I thought.

Thanks guys!

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old June 28th, 2008, 07:10 PM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
Quote:

Quote:
I would agree with SS.
As would I.
Old June 29th, 2008, 12:21 PM

Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby!

Your first example would work if you were using a unit with slither. Say you have a Venoc Viper who wants to move across a large river where the first space is occupied by a friendly non-engaged elf. The viper could move through the the elf and land on an unoccupied space in front of the elf. However you can't do this with a unit who has to move regularily in water because they can only move through water one space at a time (unless it's double spaced).

It's not whether you win or lose. It's having the 4th Massachusetts Line that counts!
I see nothing, I hear nothing, and I know NOTHING!--Sgt. Shultz, Hogan's Heroes
My custom terrain
Old June 29th, 2008, 03:19 PM

pinche_guey knows what's in an order marker pinche_guey knows what's in an order marker

Of note, the same goes for glyphs, if a friendly figure sits on a glyph, another figure cannot go through him. All figures must stop on a glyph, and so a friendly squatting on it makes it impossible to move there.
Old June 29th, 2008, 04:02 PM

cosmosis knows what's in an order marker cosmosis knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandarforever View Post
Your first example would work if you were using a unit with slither. Say you have a Venoc Viper who wants to move across a large river where the first space is occupied by a friendly non-engaged elf. The viper could move through the the elf and land on an unoccupied space in front of the elf. However you can't do this with a unit who has to move regularily in water because they can only move through water one space at a time (unless it's double spaced).
Actually, a double-spaced figure still cannot move through a friendly figure in a water space to the next free water space because by moving through your own figure to that space, the two-space figure would be in water completely but also stuck in a space already occupied by a figure, so it would not work. You can only sliter (or water suit) through.

SPECIAL THANKS TO: oni, tppytel
My Tradelist
Deciper SWCCG Trading
List of Good Traders
Can't find it? Try the Index
Old June 30th, 2008, 12:32 AM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R chean is a man of the cloth R chean is a man of the cloth R chean is a man of the cloth R chean is a man of the cloth R chean is a man of the cloth R chean is a man of the cloth R chean is a man of the cloth R chean is a man of the cloth R chean is a man of the cloth R chean is a man of the cloth R chean is a man of the cloth R chean is a man of the cloth R chean is a man of the cloth R chean is a man of the cloth R chean is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdhight View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
I would agree with SS.
As would I.
Me as well. I thought about it a little more and SS has the correct interpretation.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old June 30th, 2008, 12:33 AM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by R chean View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdhight View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
I would agree with SS.
As would I.
Me as well. I thought about it a little more and SS has the correct interpretation.
Not I

(Oh you are all 100% correct ...I just like being a non-conformist.)
Old June 30th, 2008, 05:32 PM

Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmosis View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandarforever View Post
Actually, a double-spaced figure still cannot move through a friendly figure in a water space to the next free water space because by moving through your own figure to that space, the two-space figure would be in water completely but also stuck in a space already occupied by a figure, so it would not work. You can only sliter (or water suit) through.
Yeah I know that this scenario wouldn't work with a double spaced figure, again unless it had slither (Wo-Sa-Ga is the only double-spacer who can do this so far). I meant if a double-spacer wanted to move into an unoccupied section of water that it can move two spaces onto the water to fit. It was so dumb. When I first started the game, I thought that a double spaced figure couldn't move onto water like that at all because I was following rules for single spaced figs.

It's not whether you win or lose. It's having the 4th Massachusetts Line that counts!
I see nothing, I hear nothing, and I know NOTHING!--Sgt. Shultz, Hogan's Heroes
My custom terrain

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's