Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Notices

Old January 16th, 2008, 11:38 PM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun
Non-superhero, Non-classic customs?

Where should we post customs that aren't classic HS or superheroes? I'm thinking things like Star Wars or Transformers, among others. I know some people post them in the Classic section, but they seem to kind of get lost there. Thematically, they would seem to fit better here but nobody seem to post them here. What does everyone else think?
Old January 16th, 2008, 11:59 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I've seen plenty of those over in the regular custom section (where I think most things tend to get a bit lost ...).
I think one of the reasons things *don't* get lost here is b/c of the rather tight focus on superheroes.
But on the other hand, this does say "Comic Hero Custom Creations" not "Superhero Custom Creations" and both Star Wars and Transformers have had numerous comic books. So, I say, if it's been in a comic book, no reason you can't post it here. Ultimately it's an issue of user choice.
The one thing I'd say, though, is to just add them to your preexisting custom thread. I know it's a different batch of stuff, but it's ultimately all part of your comic hero collection, so no reason to really start a new thread.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 17th, 2008, 09:00 AM

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun
Or we could just create a new board?

Seriously though, I tend to agree with IAmBatman's view. Put it in here, but in the same thread as your superheroes.
Old January 17th, 2008, 10:27 AM
BoV Judge Emeritus

UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker
Just to add some fun to the discussion...

I think that the Star Wars universe is large enough that it will warrent its own section at HSers.com. Currently, there is not much interest in it simply because there is not many custom Star Wars Army Cards (that, and the whole no StarWarsScape...yet ). But I have a feeling that because of mass interest in that universe, enough traffic and cards will be generated that it will overstep its boundries here in superhero land.

Honestly, it is the only other "universe" that I see necessitating its own section. It already has a set of Heroscape sized figures that could be used very easily and should be a natural growth area for current and new custom creators.

UPC's Heroscape Strategy Blog (and whatever else the Muse sends my way...)

Old January 17th, 2008, 10:44 AM

Currently, I have about 130 Star Wars customs in various states of development. I would say only 3-4 are "done" (though would still need tweaking). But hopefully soon I will get them done. I'm kind of doing them all in parallel and that helps move it along. That's kind of the reason I started this thread in the first place.

I also have 20-25 Tranformers customs almost done and tested, but as UranusPChicago pointed out, that number is "insignifcant next to the power of the Force".

By the way, I've been meaning to ask...how did you come up with the nickname "UranusPChicago" ?
Old January 17th, 2008, 10:56 AM
BoV Judge Emeritus

UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyOwl
By the way, I've been meaning to ask...how did you come up with the nickname "UranusPChicago" ?
The name comes from a character who only lasted a couple frames in the Destroyer Duck #2 comic book. I was a huge HtD fan growing up and Destroyer Duck was Steve Gerber's way of "sticking it to the man" after losing the rights to HtD.

It started off as a stage name for me in a punk band that I was in during the mid 80s and I have used it ever since as an online persona.

With a wife and two kids, life has mellowed over the years, but I have hung on to the name because if anything, it never fails to be a conversation starter.

UPC's Heroscape Strategy Blog (and whatever else the Muse sends my way...)

Old January 17th, 2008, 01:04 PM
Right..No Left!.. No I mean Right!

Lotus is surprisingly tart
I made a separate thread for my Cartoon and TV Show customs, as I felt the deserved there own thread. They are not specifically Comic book, but they aren't really classic characters either.

I can see a sub forum that covers all non-comic and non-classic characters. With a variety of sub forums covering the most popular stuff, like SW and Transformers.
Old January 17th, 2008, 01:36 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Well the other Customs forum isn't explicitly "classic customs". It's just "customs". So I see no reason most of that stuff can't go there. I see the justification for Star Wars and Transformers, since they appear in comic books.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 17th, 2008, 06:35 PM

CStrife07 has disabled reputation
Does this have anything to do with my customs thread?
Old January 17th, 2008, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CStrife07
Does this have anything to do with my customs thread?
No, I started this because I was curious where to post my other customs.
Old January 18th, 2008, 04:41 PM

KingZombie is surprisingly tart
I have a TON of stormtroopers and rebels from when the miniature game first came out. I was soo excited to be able to amass an army.

When I was growing up, it was always Darth Vader, 1 Stormtrooper vs. Luke, and about 20 good guys. Wasn't fair.

I would be very interested in starwars for heroscape. I've already got the figures.

Work hard, play harder!
Great traders: beholderthedm,mecha frog, Shoe
Old January 18th, 2008, 10:42 PM

So if they can posted in this section, does that mean they can be listed in the A-Z index, too? How would that be organized, O Master of the Index? (PochoMan)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations