Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Notices

Old August 7th, 2018, 07:18 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: HS2010's Maps Thread - New ARV Submission - 7/18/18

At first glance I like it! Very unique name. I’m interested to read the back story.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old August 19th, 2018, 01:19 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!
Re: HS2010's Maps Thread - New ARV Submission - 7/18/18

A few weeks back, my girlfriend ( @fireflyer_00 ) and I got a few games in on Picaro Isle. The results were:

Matchup 1: Raelin 2.0 + KMA + MW + AE + Rats x3 (fireflyer) vs. TKN + Nagrubs x4 + PKs x2 (me)
fireflyer wins with Raelin (full-life), 2 KMA, 2 MW, and 4 Rats remaining.

Matchup 2: Major Q10 + Hoplitron x10 (fireflyer) vs. Bramcephys + Havech Eradicators x3 (me)
fireflyer wins with 1 Hoplitron remaining.

Matchup 3: Sir Gilbert + KoW x3 + Nilfhiem (fireflyer) vs. Grimnak + Nerak + Hrognak + Ornak + Blade Gruts x4 + Isamu
fireflyer wins with Nilfhiem (3-life) remaining.

In addition to those games, @kevindola and I played a game to test Glads/Blasts on the map. The matchup was:

Bucs of Tortuga x5 + Augamo + Marcu (kd) vs. Glads x3 (drop 1) + Blasts x3 + Raelin 1.0 (me)
I won with 5 Blasts, 1 Glad, and Raelin (4-life) remaining.
Old January 31st, 2020, 05:27 PM

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!
HS2010's Maps Thread - New Map - 1/31/20

New Map! I went to the game shop we were hosting Heroscape events at about a year and a half ago to say hi to the owner (who I haven't seen in a while, nor been to the shop) and as I was waiting for him to get there I was wondering around and found the Heroscape he had bought from me (I forgot I sold some to him!). So as I was waiting for him I decided to build a map for the first time in awhile. That said, obviously this has not been tested, but I thought it turned out well enough to take some top-down pics and come home and VS it so here you all go!

Icy Parts of Dragoon - 1/31/20 - Online
Requires: 1 BftU, 1 TT, 1 TJ, 1 RttFF

Note: No glaciers are used but every base is. The 3-hex Outcrop is also not used but the base is.

The name is inspired by the Dragoon Parts item in Super Smash Bros because I thought the shape of the map looked like the Dragoon Nosecone and Hull.
Attached Images
File Type: png Icy Parts of Dragoon.png (863.5 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by Sheep; February 1st, 2020 at 04:21 PM.
Old January 31st, 2020, 07:56 PM

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: HS2010's Maps Thread - New Map - 1/31/20

Oooo, I really like it! for some reason the image doesn't show in your post though.

Only thought on the build is that I think the bush in the startzone could be more strategicaly placed. I think it'd be nice to switch it with a SZ space near the front to give units near the front help against SZ bombs an such.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old January 31st, 2020, 11:41 PM

Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

This looks great, nice quick action and I'm a big fan of the mirrored symmetry style maps. Awesome!
Old February 1st, 2020, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses View Post
This looks great, nice quick action and I'm a big fan of the mirrored symmetry style maps. Awesome!
Thank you! I was honestly surprised I pulled one off, especially after not building a map for awhile. I think this is my first mirrored symmetry map!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Oooo, I really like it! for some reason the image doesn't show in your post though.

Only thought on the build is that I think the bush in the startzone could be more strategicaly placed. I think it'd be nice to switch it with a SZ space near the front to give units near the front help against SZ bombs an such.
It's showing for me, but I'm using google photos to host it which I think is the problem (I've had issues with it before).

Updated the map above, and attached photo file. Swapped out the water adjacent to SZ with the Bush that was in the back of the SZ. Also swapped the water and bush to the lower side of the SZ so that slow moving figures could advance a little with bush cover.

Last edited by Sheep; February 1st, 2020 at 04:26 PM. Reason: Updated online board as well
Old February 29th, 2020, 08:45 PM

HS2010's Maps Thread - New Map - 2/29/20

New map!

Refraction
Requires: 1 RotV and 1 VW
Old February 29th, 2020, 09:44 PM

Re: HS2010's Maps Thread - New Map - 2/29/20

Ooo, I LIKE this one

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old March 2nd, 2020, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Ooo, I LIKE this one
Glad you do. I thought about you specifically when I was choosing glyphs. I know you don't like the Wannok-Dagmar combo too much so I was going for something different.

Personally I don't like using Valda and/or Gerda when there are natural road and/or defense bonuses on the map as that can become quite powerful combined and the only other reasonable glyphs are Wannok and Dagmar.

Anyhow, @kevindola and I played a match on it last night with KoW + Heroes vs. DKs + Heroes (all melee) and the Gerda side saw all of the action (I took 1 figure to get Dagmar and KD left me uncontested). Maybe KD can comment if the gameplay would've been different if Dagmar was Valda instead?

I definitely don't want to do random glyphs and I won't use Wannok for this map, but I'm not entirely sure yet which 2 of the other 3 I want to use and where.
Old March 2nd, 2020, 05:54 PM

Oof, yeah I didn’t realize Dagmar was on the other side of Gerda. Yeah Dagmar is too weak to pair with Gerda imo. Valda or Wannok on the other side is best to pair with Gerda, otherwise pair Dagmar with Lodin or Ulinavia

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old March 2nd, 2020, 06:02 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

You could probably just switch Gerda and Dagmar. The side of the map Gerda is currently on is the stronger half of the map anyway -- more room, stronger high ground, easier to get to. The other side is narrower and the ruins/water/height development are naturally pushing you away from it for your main conflict. So put Gerda on that side to draw action, since the other features of the map highlight the other side already so a weaker glyph there will be fine.

Nice map. If you have an online version you can link to I'd probably try it out. (Haven't had tons of gaming time recently, but it would definitely be on my list.)

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old March 2nd, 2020, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
You could probably just switch Gerda and Dagmar. The side of the map Gerda is currently on is the stronger half of the map anyway -- more room, stronger high ground, easier to get to. The other side is narrower and the ruins/water/height development are naturally pushing you away from it for your main conflict. So put Gerda on that side to draw action, since the other features of the map highlight the other side already.

Nice map. If you have an online version you can link to I'd probably try it out. (Haven't had tons of gaming time recently, but it would definitely be on my list.)
Would Gerda pull the action away from that side though if they were switched? Mind you, I'm specifically talking Melee only on both sides. I understand that if KD or I would've had any range the lava and opposite side would've seen more action.

Online Link
(I had to add some numbers I missed in the VS but it's correct.)

Quote:
Oof, yeah I didn’t realize Dagmar was on the other side of Gerda. Yeah Dagmar is too weak to pair with Gerda imo. Valda or Wannok on the other side is best to pair with Gerda, otherwise pair Dagmar with Lodin or Ulinavia
EDIT: I think it's clear that without glyphs the map is weighted towards the bottom for all melee battles. My goal with adding glyphs would be to even out the distribution of all melee battles to the whole map. I feel the glyphs weigh differently:
  1. Gerda
  2. Valda
  3. Dagmar
So perhaps Valda in water and Gerda on the other side, or Dagmar in water and Valda on the other side would work best.

Last edited by Sheep; March 2nd, 2020 at 06:25 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios