Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old February 1st, 2007, 04:39 PM

spleek has disabled reputation
Battle Masters question.....

Long time lurker, occasional poster here....

I have a friend that picked up a used copy of Battle Masters for me for only $5.00 (worth it just for the minis). While inventorying(sp?) my new aquisition I noticed that it was complete save one peice *sweet*! The missing component is the base tile on which the Imperial Crossbowman stand. Now, I can make a new tile, but I have no idea what the combat value for the unit is! I have looked around online (and yes I used the search function here) but to no avail! Does anyone still own a copy of this game, and if so, could you let me know what # is on the base for the Crossbowman? Any help would be appreciated and would entitle you to a free beer the next time you are in Southern Indiana (possibly a game of HS too)!!!!!!!
Old February 1st, 2007, 04:50 PM
"Blame it on me" (was #3...)

Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I have it at home. I'm pretty sure its 3. I'll check when I get home.

Sweetcurse is Sujoah...

in the
Perth Keep...
Old February 1st, 2007, 05:02 PM

That would be great Sweetcurse, thanks!!!
Old February 1st, 2007, 05:15 PM

ChaosChild has disabled reputation
I looked at mine. It is 3.

Kumiko is not impressed with your sculpt, either.
Old February 1st, 2007, 05:35 PM

Awsome, thank you ChaosChild!!! :P
Old February 1st, 2007, 05:50 PM

Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Yeah I was pretty sure. I think the only people with 4 are knights and Lords have 5. The rest of the humans have 3, I believe. Orcs, beastmen have 3. Goblins have 2, Archers 2 and Chaos Warriors have 4. Hmm, the Ogre has variable attack. Man, I haven't played that in ages!

Sweetcurse is Sujoah...

in the
Perth Keep...
Old February 2nd, 2007, 05:58 PM

It is fun as a break from all of the HS, large scale & quick! It is only fun for 2 players though, if I thought there might be more interest in my group I would try to incorporate another army/faction or two.....

It would be interesting to devise a turn sequence generator for HS done with a deck of cards, perhaps suits in a normal card deck for 4 players? It makes it more about luck than strategy though......
Old February 2nd, 2007, 06:16 PM

Battle masters would benefit from turn orders.

Sweetcurse is Sujoah...

in the
Perth Keep...
Old February 2nd, 2007, 06:49 PM

Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby!
I might have an extra tile you can use... not sure if it will say crossbow on it or not...

I aquired 2 partial battle masters sets... and combined the two... put as many figures as I could fit per team on a tile, so it actualy looks like an army.. and kept a few spares, sold off the rest... I have a bunch of bases... most of them have the good team stickers on the bad guy color tiles though... the last owner mixed them up.. not hard to do with brown/tan tiles....

If I ever get to that area of the storage pile... while im cleaning again... I will check the box contents.
Old February 6th, 2007, 11:52 AM

Thanks Draconian, I have sent you a PM

I completely agree Sweetcurse, order markers & turns would make a lot more sense! Especially after playing BM a couple of times I wish more strategy could come into play.

OTOH it would be an interesting variation to assign units in HS a number then dice to see which one moves. Maybe this could work better for a 6+ player game, though the details would need some tweaking (higher move = greater chance of taking a turn). HS is pretty good as is, I really like its turn system.

My next aquisition will be some other older GW-esque board games...
Space Hulk
Legions of Steel
Descent

any other suggestions????
Old February 6th, 2007, 01:24 PM

dra(gon) has disabled reputation
Battle Masters is/was a cool gamec you can get manny figures war heroqust from there.
first i thought after i play heroquest Battle Masters ist the say every unit has move and attack but no a card system.

i got two full ms.(a third is incompleat) and each one of the expansions. found then in the middel 90th for unopened for 2,50$ each pack.
3 towers.
and 3 maps out one was lost so i bougt a new for 5 $, an a new sticker page.

my basment is full auf a great army

6 ogres are the nightmare

btw i have all space hulk things only genestealer i miss.
manny rare scans, an sh editor.(

english things death wing, capain book.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games