Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old January 14th, 2022, 07:14 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

to the scorpions
Old January 15th, 2022, 06:04 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

I've played around with two attack Maul squads quite a bit over the years. Most examples of this mechanic have been on squads with three figures and three attack, and they are very unreliable as a result. I'd argue that this is actually for the best, though: bypassing defense can be extremely crippling to many armies and highly frustrating in the wrong circumstances. It's a careful balance to strike.

Putting this mechanic on a four figure squad with just two attack significantly increases the odds of the power triggering, and given that this squad is relatively cheap and built around the mechanic, I'm not comfortable with encouraging it so much. I'm sure that it's balanced well enough for the competitive scene, but the nature of this power on this statline shoots down too many underused units in my opinion. to review the High Dune Scorpions.
Old January 20th, 2022, 11:34 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

In case anyone forgot…still waiting on a few votes to review.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old January 21st, 2022, 12:32 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
In case anyone forgot…still waiting on a few votes to review.
I did forgot. Thanks.

The sting and carapace powers are high areas of concern for me for reasons listed above, honestly close to the edge of where I would just downvote here. However, I’m just interested enough in the translation to gameplay here that it’s an for me.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19

Last edited by BiggaBullfrog; January 21st, 2022 at 04:42 PM.
Old January 21st, 2022, 02:02 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

High Dune Scorpions have received 4 Yea votes to review (Scytale, wriggz, superfrog, and BiggaBullfrog) and move forward in the process.
Old January 23rd, 2022, 01:30 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

Clayton Pierce Review

Theme: A cowboy commander has been one of the most requested VC designs over the decade of its existence. It makes thematic sense, and allows for a group of classic figures to be played together, like Kantono did for the Ninjas.

Creativity:
The restrained, organized, and simplistic way this design handles uniting the Lawmen is really admirable. I didn't see the previous iterations of Clayton, but I really like where he landed. Sometimes, pseudo-bonding can get overly complex with little gameplay or thematic reward, feeling more like complexity for the sake of difference than for the sake of theme. That's not the case here. The way the Posse moves at the start of each round and then fires as a team when ready plays differently from anything else in the game, but isn't at all hard to understand. I think this may be the best executed commander figure in VC.

Balance: This was by far my biggest concern when judging Clayton. I have been playing a lot of "Once Per Round With Bonding" builds lately (Ornak + Utgar Heroes + Heavies in ScapeCon Main Event, the WIP Janos + Lizard Explorers + Greenscales in C3V Playtest Tournament), so I quickly jumped to a similar style of build here: Clayton, Johnny Shotgun Sullivan, Mad Dog Malone, Guilty McGreech, and Dreadguls x3, with Guilty as the uniting synergy between the Dreadguls and Clayton. Really, just the 245 point core of Clayton/Johnny/Mad Dog/Guilty and then as many Dreadguls as I can get. Once per round powers like Ornak's Red Flag of Fury and Clayton's Shootout can expend all of their army's offensive potential in a single turn, so smoothing out those turns with the offensive firepower of traditional bonding squads allows those powers to really shine. Shootout is particularly powerful because it lets you have four turns at once, and many of the Cowboys have multi-attacks from range.

Initially I was pretty concerned with how strong this build played. Round 1, you can drop one of the best opening blitzes in the game. Start with the "Battle Rush" of Sherriff's Posse to move out Guilty and the Cowboys, follow up with OM1 OM2 on Dreadguls to let Guilty rain death on your advancing opponents as Dreadguls slowroll, and then finish the round with an OM3 Shootout with the Cowboys, and then do another Posse to set up Round 2. I beat Knights/Gilbert/Raelin pretty handily with this strategy. However, this build is completely dependent on the 2L/2D of Guilty McGreech. Any build with a solid ranged component can simply shoot Guilty a couple times. Once Guilty dies, the build falls apart in both directions. Dreadguls can boost their attack by not bonding, but they can't really get away with doing that the whole game. I think pretty clearly the more consistently competitive Dreadgul build is to spend those ~245 points of Cowboys on Pel the Hill Giant as a second bonder, and then more Dreadguls, or even Raelin. The Clayton Dreadgul build is a warped win-more Dreadgul build to smash melee armies.

My final thought is that I think Clayton is ultimately pretty fairly balanced. I'm not certain I've found the best build for him yet and that's pretty exciting.

I will note that I did not test this design with other SoV submission Kate Crawford. I believe she would be a slight upgrade to Johnny Shotgun Sullivan in the core build, reducing the core Cowboys from 245 to 220, freeing up space for other things.

Playability: The Clayton build is really fun to play. New VC figure Mad Dog Malone adds another dimension to the Cowboy build, giving them a Lawman that doesn't mind getting up close and personal. Trying to properly time your Shootout is a fun dimension. I felt like there was a lot I could still learn about playing the Lawmen well after the games I've done with them.

Battle Rush Guilty Blitz is a little bit silly and can feel unfair to play against. I don't think it's any more extreme than Red Flag of Fury To Ignore Eternal Hatred Marcu though. Both get unrealistic value out of cheap filler figures that are already good, but Ornak and Clayton cost a lot of points to get that extreme effect out of these low point figures. There's plenty of counterplay to Clayton: you can try to assassinate him, or more commonly you can just pick off his most fragile and vulnerable Cowboys to limit the potential of shootout.

Vote: I'm really excited about this design. to induct
Old January 24th, 2022, 12:24 AM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Gotta say, that’s a top-tier review. Obviously well-considered, and persuasively written.
Old January 24th, 2022, 03:43 PM

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

The Feral Swog by @MegaSilver has passed United Fanscape Review and moves forward in the process.

Kirvin the Wily by @SchismaticSounds did not pass United Fanscape Review and is removed from the process. It was a fairly close vote. The most common argument against is that the Greenscales have a weakness built into their design in that they grow much weaker after the Lizard King dies, which Kirvin undoes. There was also concern about the dissonance between the "betrayer" theme and mechanics that are more like "successor."
Old January 24th, 2022, 09:06 PM

SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Well shoot, I would have liked to see how the mechanic faired in further playtesting.
Thanks for your time and assessment all.
I'll certainly be back with other designs once they are in a ready state.
Old January 26th, 2022, 05:26 PM

The results of the new SoV Judge Submission Contest are in. This round was particularly difficult, as numerous entrants presented us with strong submissions. For those that submitted but were not chosen, thank you very much for your time and effort. We will keep your submissions on record and may tap you in the future if another position opens up.

Given our sizable backlog and a great crop of new Judge submissions, we decided to bring on two new Judges. The SoV would like to announce Dysole and Vydar_XLIII have joined the project as SoV Judges. Congratulations to both, and we look forward to your contributions!
Old January 26th, 2022, 05:46 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Congratulations to the newest SoV judges @Dysole and @Vydar_XLIII !

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old February 1st, 2022, 03:24 PM

The High Dune Scorpions by @Sir Heroscape and @Leaf_It did not pass United Fanscape Review and are removed from the process.

After some discussion, numerous Inner Sanctum members found the Scorpions' offensive potential problematic. Venomous Sting gives them four chances each turn of doing two unblockable wounds, which would devastate high-defense squads and low-life heroes. Regardless of how well balanced they are, we feel that such a potent counter would not be good for the game. A smaller number of members disliked that Carapace is mostly the same as simply having an additional defense die.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs