Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Notices

Old November 19th, 2021, 03:24 AM

I-one is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Unique custom sculpts&cards

In past few years I have made some miniatures out of green stuff and polymer clay. Dragons, robots etc. All in all not super professional but not absolute amateur.
So I was wondering if casts made from those sculpts could be sold for HS with HS layout cards etc. I'm afraid that there is a copyright issues to be concerned with here but at the same time there are lots of HS customs with custom made cards sold on ebay.
I would appreciate your opinions and advices.
Old November 19th, 2021, 06:05 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: Unique custom sculpts&cards

Should be no problem selling copies of your own sculpts. Pretty sure the copyright on Heroscape has expired anyway so I would not be too worried.
Good luck.
Old November 19th, 2021, 08:25 AM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Heroscape is currently under review for a trademark renewal: https://uspto.report/TM/90525324

And the interlocking-hex patent expires in 2024.

Your customs probably would be fine to sell though as long as they were explicitly identified as "Heroscape compatible customs" and not sold as "Heroscape." There were some pretty big custom creators on eBay even when Heroscape was active that Hasbro didn't shut down, so you should be fine
Old November 19th, 2021, 08:50 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

That is interesting. The guy who got the Heroscape name must of let it expire.
Definitely intriguing that Hasbro is going through the effort of getting it back.
Old November 19th, 2021, 10:59 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
That is interesting. The guy who got the Heroscape name must of let it expire.
Definitely intriguing that Hasbro is going through the effort of getting it back.
@Isak is that true? I know a few years back you and your attorney had gotten rights to the name...does it expire after only a few years?

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old November 22nd, 2021, 02:08 PM

I-one is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox View Post
Heroscape is currently under review for a trademark renewal: https://uspto.report/TM/90525324

And the interlocking-hex patent expires in 2024.

Your customs probably would be fine to sell though as long as they were explicitly identified as "Heroscape compatible customs" and not sold as "Heroscape." There were some pretty big custom creators on eBay even when Heroscape was active that Hasbro didn't shut down, so you should be fine
Thanks, that sounds great. Who knows, maybe I will make some copies and do it... sculpts are more or less done.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions