Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old February 19th, 2008, 11:02 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Great Map and Story HEH! Good to see the zombies getting some love. I am thinking at my next tournament for fun bringing
6x Zombies-360
Nakita Agents-120
Marcu-20
Don't count this team out right away it does fairly well and is really fun to play. I have seen the Nakitas and the Zombies work really good together.

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old February 25th, 2008, 07:03 PM

Beowulf has disabled reputation
Just wondering, if a figure dies because it is killed by a leaving engagement attack from stepping away from a zombie, does that count as being killed by the zombie for purposes of another zombie coming to take its place?
Old February 25th, 2008, 07:11 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
On Saturday, I played 4 sets of ZoM with RotV Raelin and Nilf.
I've been on a ZoM kick lately and was dead set that if I sent the undead out early and encountered the Deathreavers, I'd continue moving, taking the Engagement strike in order to further my advance and/or stock up on reserves for Zombies Rise Again.

As it turned out, I did in fact face the 'reavers, but Q9 was of a bigger concern. I keep wondering how the game would've went if I'd won intiative during the beginning of a crucial round. The ZoM would've surrounded the Major and maybe, just maybe take him down.
But it didn't happen that way. Oh well. The undead were still terrifyingly fun to field.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beowulf
Just wondering, if a figure dies because it is killed by a leaving engagement attack from stepping away from a zombie, does that count as being killed by the zombie for purposes of another zombie coming to take its place?
Yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shades fan
Great Map and Story HEH!
Thanks.
I don't mean to toot my maps here in this Book, but it may be essential to show layouts where Zombies have done well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shades fan
Good to see the zombies getting some love. I am thinking at my next tournament for fun bringing
6x Zombies-360
Nakita Agents-120
Marcu-20
Don't count this team out right away it does fairly well and is really fun to play. I have seen the Nakitas and the Zombies work really good together.
RoninValentina played me on Sat. and had ZoM with new Raelin and the Nakitas.
His advancement up the field, moving Nakitas and ZoM, then Raelin was impeccable. Really good stuff. My Roman Legos and Archers were in for one h ell of a battle.
Old February 26th, 2008, 12:41 AM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex_Enduction_Hour
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beowulf
Yes!
Just remember, walking figures killed by disengagement strikes turn into zombies on the space they were stepping onto when they died. Swiped non-stealth fliers will turn into zombies on the takeoff space itself.
Old March 4th, 2008, 05:26 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroscaperHuh
The Zombies are my favorite army. Not for winning, but for fun. They offer the whole "eat your head off" deal with relitivly good stats.
You're still here?!

Also, 4/1/2/3 is by no means "relatively good stats."
Aren't you usually the one annoyed with powergaming?

I'm guessing he included the Zombies' special abilities in their stats. Next to Krug, I think they've got the best flavor and design of any unit in the game. From their slow, horde movement, right down to their hit zones, they're awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old March 22nd, 2008, 07:25 PM

ImhotepMagi is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Hands down my favorite unit. I'm a zombie freak to start with, but they are perfect. No more flavorful unit in the game. And a wonderful anti-melee-samurai unit. A six die attack that ignores counterstrike? Yes please!

"Someone just posted a poster in our lobby that said, "Wanted: 18-30 Year Olds With ADD/ADHD."

"Oh yeah, what do they need them for?"

"I don't know, I didn't finish reading it."
Old March 22nd, 2008, 07:29 PM

DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I love how these guys work. If you have two squads (6 zombies) and your opponent got them down to just one you still have the means to get back to all 6! Brilliant. :P
Old June 18th, 2008, 04:21 AM

Supa is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: The Book of Zombies of Morindan

An actual situation that happened tonight. Yeah, I know Shiori can Phantom Walk or whatever, but she didn't get a chance. =)
Old June 18th, 2008, 06:42 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Wasn't that a Freaks Reference?

The Zombies are one of my Favorite squads, and I can't wait to play out this army
6xZombies-360
3x Wolves of Badru- 240

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old June 21st, 2008, 01:00 AM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

I think the most fun I've ever had with these guys was in an undead army against a marro army about twice its size. Once I took care of TKN, the zombies would munch some marro, then the hive would rebirth marro. It was just a lot of dead figures coming back on the board.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old June 21st, 2008, 01:08 AM

Blackrock is surprisingly tart

I've been thinking about grabbing a 3rd pack of zombies while I still can. If you usually play 500 points then what is a good amount of zombies to attempt to draft, or even build in advance for so many points? I could put all 4 in for only 240, and 8 for 480 (if I had that many). I suppose then you could just plop Marcu Esenwein in but I feel like you'd need a failsafe in case the zombies are expertly countered. I like the DW8K strategy, though I've never used him before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai-Pan View Post
I think the most fun I've ever had with these guys was in an undead army against a marro army about twice its size. Once I took care of TKN, the zombies would munch some marro, then the hive would rebirth marro. It was just a lot of dead figures coming back on the board.
Sounds like fun. How many points each? I've only got 2 packs worth of zombies, 1 set worth of Stingers & Drudge, and nadda for Drones so far, but I might have to look into reenacting that scenario. Would probably help to have Sudema as well...
Old June 21st, 2008, 11:21 AM

Who 'dat is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackrock View Post
I've been thinking about grabbing a 3rd pack of zombies while I still can. If you usually play 500 points then what is a good amount of zombies to attempt to draft, or even build in advance for so many points? I could put all 4 in for only 240, and 8 for 480 (if I had that many). I suppose then you could just plop Marcu Esenwein in but I feel like you'd need a failsafe in case the zombies are expertly countered.
Shades also make an excellent addition to a Zombie army. Move Quickly across the board with stealth fly, tie-up and possibly take over your opponents army, and in the meantime the Zombie horde is a comin'.

The Shades 4 defense really makes them effective in this situation.

Thousands of comedians in this world without a job, and you're trying to be funny.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units