Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old October 25th, 2021, 02:40 PM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun
Nolzur's Marvelous and Deep Cuts unpainted miniatures

To paint or not to paint, that is the question....

...the question that deeply divides us. I don't want to discuss it, because either you do it or you don't (and it doesn't matter to me which).

But I do want to highly recommend these two Mini-Lines (that are sometimes strangely close and end up in the same categories for online shops, at least here in Germany).

They're not perfect and some need a bit of work with an exacto knife beforehand, but I feel like they are very detailed, much moreso than the painted figures from DnD and Pathfinder. But that's not the main point.

The main point is that because of how they decided to produce, these lines are optimal for HeroScape. Most packs with 2 figures feature two similar versions of the same type - human barbarian, elf thief, etc. And the greatest thing is that there is often the same pack in the other sex - two female human barbarians and two male human barbarians!! This is amazing!!! Why?

Since HeroScape ended it's been rough finding good figures for squads. C3V has done an excellent job these years of finding probably all good options. Browsing Pathfinder & DnD minis turns up interesting ideas and quite a few pairs, but really landing 3-4 figures for a squad can be a tall order. Nolzur's and Deep Cuts are preprogrammed to make squads - and that is what I love about them!!!

I did a big order and got a bunch of stuff I am super excited about. And a few of the fantasy human archetypes lean on historical figures too, which I like a lot more than more fantasy humans. I found figures for Norse/Germanic Tribesmen, Celtic Berserkers, Hun Warriors, Zulu Warriors, lots of different Gnolls and Dragonfolk and all of them packaged in squad-compatible double figure packs. Some have the full four, for some I did three and a Hero, a couple I had to do either two man squads or a four man unique with only two different sculpts (not my favorite, but if it gives me Zulu and Huns, I will go for it).

In the Hero Department it's solid too - Skeleton Cavalry, Drider, Triceratops, a pack with figures I will use for not-Khal Drogo from GoT and Indian Warrior princess Jhani Ki Rhani.

As far as prices go, they are solid and stable and around 5-6 Euros for 2 medium figures or one large. Huge is more expensive, but that's okay and there aren't too many that I though fit my tastes. And that is also awesome! No expensive but cool rares that make me bite the financial bullet to get my plasticcrack fix.

Anyways, I highly recommend checking it out.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!

Last edited by Tai-Pan; October 25th, 2021 at 04:22 PM.
Old October 25th, 2021, 03:26 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Nolzur's Marvelous and Deep Cuts unpainted miniatures

I use these lines for customs as well they are fantastic. It's likely they will never become official customs though due to the goals of c3v/sov. They make great customs at home though, and maybe someone will be able to lead an unpainted customs project in the future.
Old October 27th, 2021, 09:26 PM

Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Nolzur's Marvelous and Deep Cuts unpainted miniatures

I've made customs from both lines before. As far as their fantasy sculpts are concerned, I generally prefer the characters that are skeletal, translucent, or construct-like, as they're easier to throw onto the table with or without paint and, therefore, easier to convince non-painters to use. The price point is very appealing, too.

Also, I'd like to see what you've made sometime, Tai-Pan. I must not have looked hard enough to find the good stuff you've mentioned, so you've piqued my curiosity.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards