Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old November 21st, 2012, 10:31 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Re: Green Wyrmling discussion and playtesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
Why not "If any excess shields are rolled, the attacking figure receives one unblockable wound." Triggers as easily as regular Counter Strike, but no more dangerous to heroes than it is to squads.
Necroblade wins.
Old November 21st, 2012, 10:33 AM

Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness

How about something like

Fledgling Counterstrike
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from an adjacent figure, re-rell all excess shields. Dice that show skulls count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure.

---

This gives a real Counterstrike flare (requires only 1 excess shield, so it will activate more frequently, has the potential to inflict more than one wound in certain situations), but cuts the probability of the activation causing a wound by 50%. That's certainly fledgling if you ask me.
Old November 21st, 2012, 10:39 AM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shedim Kabal View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurei-Ornery View Post
Other than flying, what am I missing?
Valiant personality. The suggestion is that GW+4th Mass would be broken against pure melee.
Pure melee against 4th Mass is already broken enough, so I see your point. Just make their personality Intrepid or Valorous.
Old November 21st, 2012, 10:47 AM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Considering how with flight he will probably have flight most of the time, lets analyze him with five defense dice.
One attack die-1.233 is the average damage inflicted back.
Two attack dice-0.881 is average.
Three attack dice-0.611 is average.
Four attack dice-0.414 is average.
Five attack dice-0.274 is average. etc.
Using this I'd say nireks is the best idea because you have to risk the odds again to roll attack dice.

Gurei Ornery, the reason it would be valiant is Charos is valiant and the other wyrmlings personalities match up with their respective dragons: Braxas-Black, Zelrig-Red,Nilfheim-White, Blue-Quahon.

Last edited by Heroscaper Guy; November 21st, 2012 at 11:01 AM. Reason: double post
Old November 21st, 2012, 10:51 AM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

sorry double post

Last edited by Heroscaper Guy; November 21st, 2012 at 11:01 AM. Reason: double
Old November 21st, 2012, 11:03 AM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirek View Post
How about something like

Fledgling Counterstrike
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from an adjacent figure, re-rell all excess shields. Dice that show skulls count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure.

---

This gives a real Counterstrike flare (requires only 1 excess shield, so it will activate more frequently, has the potential to inflict more than one wound in certain situations), but cuts the probability of the activation causing a wound by 50%. That's certainly fledgling if you ask me.
I really like this idea. It does about half the damage of a normal counterstrike on average, which is about what the other Wyrmling's powers tend to do. I think that you could give a Green Wyrmling 5 move, 3 attack, and 4 defense and this power and have a pretty balanced figure.

Last edited by vegietarian18; November 21st, 2012 at 11:06 AM. Reason: well, obviously it would have flying and a valiant personality too
Old November 21st, 2012, 11:20 AM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Quote:
Why not "If any excess shields are rolled, the attacking figure receives one unblockable wound." Triggers as easily as regular Counter Strike, but no more dangerous to heroes than it is to squads.
Necroblade wins.

NOPE, TOO POWERFUL AGAINST SQUADS....

I've done the tests.

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old November 21st, 2012, 11:25 AM

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBeeblebrox View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Necroblade wins.

I've done the tests.
This is how I read Necro's power:

FLEDGLING COUNTER STIKE

When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from an adjacent attacking figure, if any excess shields are rolled the attacking figure receives one unblockable hit.

Isn't it just a weaker version of Counter Strike? Do you consider Counter Strike overpowered against squads? I'm honestly confused.
Old November 21st, 2012, 11:35 AM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBeeblebrox View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Necroblade wins.

I've done the tests.
This is how I read Necro's power:

FLEDGLING COUNTER STIKE
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from an adjacent attacking figure, if any excess shields are rolled the attacking figure receives one unblockable hit.

Isn't it just a weaker version of Counter Strike? Do you consider Counter Strike overpowered against squads? I'm honestly confused.
My tests and the tests of other SOV judges showed how powerful Counterstrike really is. Then add in that they can fly and have a high Defense...it made them a dominating force against Tier 1 armies like Knights and 4th Mass.

A Greenie flies up and engages a squad figure...it either is forced to attack or let the Greenie attck him...and if you add in other wrmlings like Reds and Blacks...squads have no shot. I gave my thumbs down to that version of fledging counterstrike way back in the begining of the SoV...my tests proved they were devestating to squads and were hands down "broken"

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old November 21st, 2012, 11:36 AM

Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness

This is an interesting convo... But I don't really see how counterstrike with def of 4 is overpowered against squads. I'm no playtester or anything, but seriously what squads are you playtesting these guys against? Rats and Blades? I would think that an attack of 3 would be able to avoid counterstrike to a reasonable extent... plus you have the fact that CS doesn't even work at range or against SAs. I can see how this power is going to hurt squads a little more than heroes, but isn't the heroscape metagame already littered with tons of squads anyway? It could be a nice step towards the HERO in heroscape
Old November 21st, 2012, 12:03 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

4 defense becomes 7 defense quickly with height and Raelin (they can fly, so grabbing height is easy). Squads generally have 3 attack, which is counter-struck by 7 defense easily. I haven't played a Green Wyrmling, but I play the Samurai a lot and I know the power of counter strike.

I still think requiring 2 excess shields is going to be the best option here. It's simple and certainly won't be overpowered I'd think.
Old November 21st, 2012, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonwiker View Post
This is an interesting convo... But I don't really see how counterstrike with def of 4 is overpowered against squads. I'm no playtester or anything, but seriously what squads are you playtesting these guys against? Rats and Blades? I would think that an attack of 3 would be able to avoid counterstrike to a reasonable extent... plus you have the fact that CS doesn't even work at range or against SAs. I can see how this power is going to hurt squads a little more than heroes, but isn't the heroscape metagame already littered with tons of squads anyway? It could be a nice step towards the HERO in heroscape
Capitalization and punctuation issues aside, I completely agree with this post.

Common squads still dominate the competitive metagame, so I don't see why anyone should be concerned about protecting them. In addition, if a weaker version of Counter Strike on a flying common hero proves too powerful against those [sarcasm]poor unloved common squads[/sarcasm], Defense can always be dialed down to compensate. I just don't see a problem here.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards