Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old November 14th, 2012, 12:24 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
The Book of Baron Zemo (Helmut Zemo)

The Book of Baron Zemo

C3G MARVEL WAVE 19
PATRIOT GAMES

The figure used for this unit is a HeroClix figure from the Avengers set.
Its model number and name are #034 / Baron Zemo.
Character Bio - “Zemo's legacy was revived by his son, Helmut J. Zemo, 13th Baron Zemo, who was born in Leipzig, Germany. His father taught him the idea that the Master Race should rule the world. Helmut was originally an engineer until he became enraged when reading a report about the return of Captain America. Helmut would ultimately follow in his father's footsteps as a supervillain using his family's money and his own scientific know-how to recreate his father's work.

“He first surfaced under the alias of The Phoenix, and captured Captain America to get revenge upon him for the death of his father. He was presumed deceased when he fell into a vat of boiling, specially-treated Adhesive X. As he had not been wearing his mask when he fell into the vat, his face was hideously scarred by the boiling Adhesive X, giving his face the appearance of molten wax.

“He resurfaced years later as Baron Zemo, first allied with Arnim Zola’s mutates. He allied with Primus I, and kidnapped Captain America's childhood friend Arnold Roth in order to lure Captain America into a trap. He forced the Captain to battle hordes of mutates before revealing that he knew the Captain's secret identity.

“Zemo later encountered Mother Superior and her father the Red Skull. Zemo underwent tutelage by Mother Superior and the Red Skull, and then kidnapped Captain America's friend David Cox and brainwashed him to battle the Captain. Zemo then kidnapped Arnold Roth again, and directed a shared mental reenactment of Heinrich Zemo's last World War II encounter with Captain America. Zemo then battled Mother Superior, but was psychically overpowered.

“Most notably, he formed a new incarnation of the Masters of Evil. This fourth Masters of Evil was formed to strike at Captain America through the Avengers; they invaded and occupied Avengers Mansion and crippled Hercules and the Avengers' butler Edwin Jarvis. Zemo captured Captain America and the Black Knight. Zemo battled Captain America, but fell off the Mansion roof.” (Wikipedia, 2012).

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • Q: Can Baron Zemo reveal an "X" Order Marker on his card and count that for the skull rolled to trigger another attack when using Master Swordplay?
  • A: No, since a skull added is different than a skull rolled.
  • Q: Can Baron Zemo use Master of Deception and allow a destroyed figure to reveal an Order Marker so that the lost turn can be used for another figure?
  • A: No. Page 13 of Master Set 3 BftU states "When all figures on an Army Card have been destroyed, the Army Card is out of play. Do not reveal any unrevealed order markers that are on that card for that round of play."
  • Q: Exactly how does Master Swordplay work with multiple adjacent opponent figures that are at standing on varying levels of height in relation to Baron Zemo?
  • A: The first attack "locks in" a number of attack dice to roll, and every subsequent attack after that is based on the initial roll. Lets do an example: If Baron Zemo (with 4 Attack) had height advantage on the first target, he would be able to use Master Swordplay for a maximum of 5 attacks (using 5,4,3,2,1 dice), regardless of who he attacked after the first attack. This is assuming that he rolled at least 1 skull on each previous attack.

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

Immunities:
  • N/A
Benefits:Weaknesses:
  • N/A

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips--Heroscapers Community Contributions-

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Last edited by Splash; August 2nd, 2022 at 04:04 PM. Reason: png
Old November 14th, 2012, 12:25 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Baron Helmut Zemo - Design Phase

NAME = BARON ZEMO
SECRET IDENTITY = HELMUT ZEMO

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = MASTERMIND
PERSONALITY = CUNNING

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 200

BEST LAID PLANS
Before rolling for initiative, you may choose an opponent's Army Card with at least one Order Marker on it. That opponent may remove one Order Marker from that Army Card. If they do not, subtract 2 from their initiative roll for each Order Marker on this card.

MASTER OF DECEPTION
After revealing a numbered Order Marker on any Army Card you control, instead of taking a turn with that card, you may reveal an "X" Order Marker on this card and take a turn with any other Army Card you control.

MASTER SWORDPLAY
If Baron Zemo attacks an adjacent figure with his normal attack and at least one skull is rolled, he may attack an adjacent figure again. He may continue attacking adjacent figures, rolling 1 fewer attack die for each subsequent attack, until you fail to roll a skull. Before any of these attacks, if you reveal an "X" Order Marker on this card, you may add one automatic skull to that attack.

Spoiler Alert!

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Last edited by IAmBatman; May 15th, 2022 at 06:13 PM.
Old November 14th, 2012, 12:32 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

He's not a Mutate, just a Human with extended life - same as his father and Nick Fury.

I'm disappointed there's so much attention on his swordplay in comparison to his scheming/masterminding/tactics, since it's such a comparatively minor aspect of his character, but I really like Master of Deception which very much fits him. I'd probably bump his base stats up to 4/4, though.
Old November 14th, 2012, 12:35 AM

4/4 wouldn't necessarily work with his other powers, though. 3 defense is actually an advantage with his Parry power.

I could go with an attack of 4, but he'll be brutal in melee.

I'll make the Human change for sure when the breathing period is up.

Do you think Master of Deception would be better if you got the turn in addition to his turn?

Old November 14th, 2012, 12:40 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Yeah, but Parry and Swordsmanship only work in melee, and this guy only having 3 Defense against range is REALLY crappy for an expert tactician, combatant, marksman, and general renaissance man.

I think Master of Deception is solid as-is; I think the general feel of "ha ha, you thought I was going to do this, but I'm really going to do THIS!" is perfect for the character. I just wish it had more... presence, so to speak?
Old November 14th, 2012, 12:41 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Do you need to reveal the X to use Master Swordplay? Do you get the automatic skull for each attack or just the first?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old November 14th, 2012, 12:49 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

I LOVE Master of Deception. Parry is a cool take on counterstrike, but it does make him extraordinarily weak to range.

And I think the revealing the X on his swordplay should come at the end of the power, otherwise it seems to use the actual swordplay part you need to reveal X also (Unless that's how you intended it. Not very clear)
Old November 14th, 2012, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
Yeah, but Parry and Swordsmanship only work in melee, and this guy only having 3 Defense against range is REALLY crappy for an expert tactician, combatant, marksman, and general renaissance man.
Fair enough. I think Parry will still be fun with his defense to 4, so I can make that change for sure. I don't want him to be a chump against range either.

Quote:
I think Master of Deception is solid as-is; I think the general feel of "ha ha, you thought I was going to do this, but I'm really going to do THIS!" is perfect for the character. I just wish it had more... presence, so to speak?
I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "presence," but I'm certainly open to suggestions and brainstorms. Especially from someone more familiar with the character. If a power like Parry, which is fun but non-essential, has to bite the dust in order to get a more representative power on the card, I'm open to that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Do you need to reveal the X to use Master Swordplay? Do you get the automatic skull for each attack or just the first?
Yes to the first question. Is that unclear in the text?

You get an automatic skull as a direct result of revealing the X-Marker, so you just get the one initial auto skull.

Old November 14th, 2012, 12:56 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:
I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "presence," but I'm certainly open to suggestions and brainstorms. Especially from someone more familiar with the character. If a power like Parry, which is fun but non-essential, has to bite the dust in order to get a more representative power on the card, I'm open to that.
It's sort of like the Business Suit Lex Luthor, where so much of his card is devoted to such a tiny part of his character - only in that case, he has two powers, so you still get that as the dominant feel. If I weren't familiar with Zemo, I'd see this card and think "Guy who is really good with swords" rather than "Guy who is a brilliant Nazi mastermind."

I can't really think of any creative way to improve on him at the moment, though. I'll sleep on it.
Old November 14th, 2012, 01:01 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Well, I didn't think it was clear. How about this?

MASTER SWORDPLAY
Before attacking an adjacent figure with Baron Zemo's normal attack, if you reveal the "X" Order Marker on this card, you may use Master Swordplay. When using Master Swordplay, add one automatic skull to Baron Zemo's first attack this turn. If at least one skull is rolled, he may attack the same figure again. He may continue attacking the defending figure until you fail to roll a skull or the defending figure is destroyed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old November 14th, 2012, 01:03 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

I like that, quozl.

I find it kind of odd, though, that even though it's MASTER swordplay, he can only use it once per round, while all the normal sword users use theirs whenever.
Old November 14th, 2012, 02:00 AM

Yeah, the intention is that the power in general is in play on every attack, but you can reveal the X-Marker to add an auto skull once. So that wording wouldn't work for that.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library