Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

View Poll Results: Who is better?
Mezzodemon Warmongers 7 28.00%
Marro Stingers 18 72.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old October 28th, 2011, 02:39 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun
Mezzos or Stingers?

Okay, which is better? Not which one you like better, but which one you`ve found in your experiance to be better. I say Stingers. If you say Mezzos, post why.
Old October 28th, 2011, 02:43 PM

Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Mezzos or Stingers?

I really haven't played with Stingers enough to compare- but I can say for sure that they are both tricky units to play correctly. Stingers seem to be easier to learn, using them is very, very logic based. For some people Mezzos are more intuitive, though.
Old October 28th, 2011, 03:35 PM
Online HS Season 1 Champion & 'scape's foremost 'scapegoat

Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun

Against whom or what?
On what map?
What is the scenario or map conditions?
Team game?
Old October 28th, 2011, 05:01 PM
proper grammar and spelling are vital too success

Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby!

Stingers are easy to use.
Mezzos are not
MEZZOS

Neo is Heavy Grut...
in LAUR DETENTION FACILITY
Old October 28th, 2011, 05:29 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

@Filthy: Overall.
Old October 28th, 2011, 05:39 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Counting gray cells and coming up short... Also, I confess to being a fanboy.

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Stingers are particularly effective against heroes. Mezzos are particularly effective against commons. Plus they have exoskeletons and 2/squad and a range of only 4.

They are apples and oranges in the metagame. How they play in your house is up to you.

edit: WTH, I'll vote. Mezzos are, for me, more fun. Plus they are Valkrill, the redheaded stepchild of the generals. Go evil! I'll vote Mezzos.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old October 28th, 2011, 11:00 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

I haven't even used Mezzodemons, but I've seen them used, They soak damage, but all in all Stingers rule.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old August 25th, 2012, 03:51 PM
Scapecon 2021 Main Event Champion

Major Q23 knows what's in an order marker Major Q23 knows what's in an order marker Major Q23 knows what's in an order marker

Stingers by far...very far. I'm not sure if Mezzos are better squad killers: Stingers can get 3 attacks of 3, 9 overall
Mezzos(vs commons) can get 2 attacks of 4, 8 overall
It can't be debated that Mezzos are better hero killers, we all know that's not true. Stingers get another attack, activation, and ability to drain for 5 points less. Mezzos get their exoskeleton, which is very good, but not worth what you have to sacrifice to play Mezzos instead of Stingers.

Don't cry because the tournament is over, smile because it happened
Old August 25th, 2012, 06:26 PM
What A Daseline

Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness

It has more to do with the format than a straight up comparison in a vacuum.

Mezzo's shine in board control scenarios (camping glyphs or controlling key chokepoints) and also do well in smaller points formats where there might be less frequent amounts of massive squadscape opposition.

For example, killercactus won with them in a rolling rumble, 415 point format at last year's Ohio NHSD.

Old August 25th, 2012, 06:53 PM
Scapecon 2021 Main Event Champion

Major Q23 knows what's in an order marker Major Q23 knows what's in an order marker Major Q23 knows what's in an order marker

Mezzos do have great board control ability, I'm not denying that they aren't good and have their pros but I think the Stinger's pros greatly outshine the Mezzo's.

Don't cry because the tournament is over, smile because it happened
Old August 26th, 2012, 02:23 PM

Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby!

Stinger's don't serve WotC's crappy redundant general that was shoehorned into the setting unnecessarily.

Spoiler Alert!
...In the Dream Cave...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion