Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old May 4th, 2013, 03:50 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth
Heroscape Completed: When Alexander Wept

"When Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept for there were no more worlds to conquer" - Hans Gruber

I wonder when the day will come when we will see the end of new Heroscape. The day when all the armies are filled, the factions are completed, and the genres are all represented.

I was recently looking at this thread: Some action in the faction section and thought SoV and C3V are really doing a great job filling in these gaps. With the possiblity of a Ninja commander, Pirates from Pathfinder, new Cowboy figures, and even a few Kyrie, a complete collection is really starting to feel "complete".

I remember when offical Heroscape came to a close. I felt let down, not because I would never play again, but becuase it felt like there were units missing. Now with Many awsome units created here, and an equal number of my own I don't really feel that way anymore.

At what point is there nothing left to add? Where a new units are easily lost in the eternally growing bin of possible armies.

I still look forward to the Pirate vs Ninja battle I always wanted, to seeing a few more Kyrie and who knows what else, but the longing for "missing units" has deminished to the point where the OCD of having everything is wearing off.

"Well... at least they never sucked" - Ryan Sohmer

This is the new danger of heroscape. Beware the Shark, for when you create some thing so big, so grand, and so expansive there is the danger of things slipping in through the cracks creating gaps.

An interpration of Ragnarok, the death of Valhalla:

"I found a children's book of Norse legends. From what I can tell, the pictures show the end of the world - not in a sudden firestorm of damnation as the Bible teaches us, but in a slow covering blanket of snow. First the moon and the stars will be lost in a dense white fog, then the rivers and the lakes and the sea will freeze over. And finally a wolf named Skoll will open his jaws and eat the sun, sending the world into an everlasting night. I think I hear the wolf at the door." - Agent Scully the X-Files

Beware the wolf.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old May 4th, 2013, 09:04 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: Heroscape Completed: When Alexander Wept

I wouldn't worry, Wriggz.

Heck, if C3G can keep cranking out superheroes, and they're working in a closed universe, I'm sure there will always be things to add to our fictional multi-universe where we are working in worlds we make up.

The C3V has already introduced a new faction, and there's plenty of room left in every single existing one I can think of. And there are whole genres we haven't really dug into.

I understand the sentiment, but we are a long, long way from Alexander, Wriggz.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old May 4th, 2013, 09:11 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Indeed, the C3V team knows how upset we all were when Heroscape was cancelled by WOTC. They will do everything in their power to prevent that for happening again for as long as possible. In the meantime we can help prevent that, by recommending available minis, play-testing, and just having fun with the finished products.

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist
Old May 4th, 2013, 11:58 PM

Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

"Look upon my works ye mighty and despair..."

I agree with the general point, that at some point, any new powers and characters will just be a rehashing of sorts - no longer charting new territory or adding new tactical wrinkles. There will either be power creep or interesting but not competitive units.

Perhaps embracing scenarios or campaign style games could extend the refreshing nature of play offered currently by new units? Similar to using unique formats to spice up the competitive scene...
Old May 5th, 2013, 12:15 AM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Interesting thought. I think that the C3V will become simply more "out-thre" as time goes on, creating newer abilities that push the game to its limit. But we haven't even scratched the surface of the backstory yet, IMO. Grut has expanded a ton with the introduction of the Vark Blade Dancers, and the rest of the Varks will add to the faction wonderfully. Plus, the new planet Arctorus only has one unit so far! I bet we could do a few waves of Arctorus units alone if we wanted.

It's an interesting thought, Wriggz, and it gives me something to think about, so thanks for sharing. There will be a few holes dug yet, I am sure.
Old May 5th, 2013, 10:58 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Aww shucks guys, glad we can be of service.

I(we) have not yet begun to fight - John Paul Jones

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old April 26th, 2018, 06:03 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

The might be nigh if people do not playtest even the units in the pipeline, and there are fewer and fewer non-clix painted Miniatures. There are still some holes in Factions of Fanscape, and I still think we should do a set of Magic: AotP figures in Heroscape but after that, not sure what else to add.
Old April 27th, 2018, 08:52 AM

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Blast from the past.

It has been nearly 5 years since I wrote that post, and I feel some what the same. Oddly enough I think it is the pacing at which stuff is created that keeps it interesting. If pack of waves came out monthly rather than quarterly, I bet there would be more to fear.

Since that post we have seen Civil war soldiers, Rogues, and Monks as well as fleshing out of more factions like Thralls, soldiers, Kyrie and dwarves. I'm stoked for the upcoming Demon, Pirate Squad, plant people and a few of the larger figures that are in the pipe line (you can see the mini's in the mini announcement thread).

It is worth noting since this post my personal collection has grown to include about 103 of 109 of C3V and SoV, 119 of my personal customs and about 30-40 units curated designs by others (not to mention HoSS and C3G).

There is the danger of the Tyranny of Choice, but when that happens I grab RotV and wave 1 (maybe extended to wave 2) as my go to mini collection. Other wise I have an incredible collection, but I will admit complete.

Old April 27th, 2018, 09:19 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

With units like the Sentinels of Grax and the ability to remake classic heroes a la Drake+Raelin, if they want to go that route, the C3V has plenty of room to work.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old April 27th, 2018, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
With units like the Sentinels of Grax and the ability to remake classic heroes a la Drake+Raelin, if they want to go that route, the C3V has plenty of room to work.
Yeah, I'm not worried,

C3G has 3 supermen, 6 Batmen (3 are Bruce), Multiple Green Lanterns and flashes. Tony has like 6 or 7 Iron man armor, and there is a whole OR of Dr. Doom. They keep pumping out customs, so the unlimited space of heroscape (excluding Super heroes for me at least) is unlimited. The key is keeping the spirit alive and not straying too far form the source. This team is very good at honoring the past, and making sure the rules are not pushed too far.

Old April 28th, 2018, 02:25 AM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Redoing ROTV stuff is something I think we can definitely do. A personal vision of that would be doing 2.0s of some of the heroes and common versions of the squads.

Wriggz brought this up in another thread a while back, but there’s alao something to be said for compromising on sculpts. Even a small compromise (such as one I brought up in that thread, having 6-7 similar figures for a squad as “figure options”) would really open up a lot of doors.
Old April 28th, 2018, 01:16 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

The number of combinations of stats and powers is nigh infinite. That's not to mention the new ones being introduced. The process for acceptance of a new figure, whether C3V or SoV, is sound, as many have said herein. Paizo alone is producing plenty of figures. It is a bit early for weeping.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs