Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old May 27th, 2011, 03:28 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Comics Customs Compatibility with Valhalla

I thought I'd start a thread to discuss how to make comics customs compatible with Valhalla units for those who'd like to do so.

Myself, I don't mind keeping them separate as there are enough customs out there that there is plenty of variety without mixing.

However, my daughter (who is my primary opponent) loves to mix. So I made some rules that would help the mixing go more smoothly:
  • All Valhalla "destroyed" powers instead inflict 3 wounds to figures with Superstrength.
  • Treasure glyphs are handled like C3G Equipment glyphs (so they can be knocked out of a figure's hands).
  • Use C3G Knockback rules.

Any other ideas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old May 27th, 2011, 03:46 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Comics Customs Compatibility with Valhalla

Double the cost of all squads?
Old May 27th, 2011, 03:50 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Increasing squad cost isn't such a bad idea. Maybe each common squad card after the first increases 5 points?

So 4 squads of Deathreavers would be 40+45+50+55=190 points instead of the usual 160 points (4x 40).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old May 27th, 2011, 04:10 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death!

I haven't mixed, but the one rule I would probably implement if I did is I would consider large and huge figures with height 8+ to have Super Strength.
Old May 27th, 2011, 04:32 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

I've mixed quite a bit, and have never really run into problems. Braxas is really good, but that's really the only case. C3G stuff is pretty much made to counter squad scape. Auto destroys aren't as big a threat as they seem. Mindshackle can be a problem, but Ne-Gok-Sa is slow compared to most superheroes, and won't get the chance usually.

Just draft C3G Punisher. He takes care of anything.
Old May 27th, 2011, 04:53 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

I also mix a lot and, imo, I don't feel there is that much of an issue, like LP says.

The biggest rule that I generally use is only allowing 8-12 start spaces. I'll go higher, but only if the point total is over 1500+ or so.

Of course, I'm playing for fun and I'm okay if Braxas gets my heavy hitter. It sucks, but the games are fast and a rematch is coming (and Braxas will go down next time...).
Old May 27th, 2011, 05:02 PM
Theme Nerd

badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I concur...I mix all the time and have no issues. There are some that dominate Marvel and some that get dominated.
Old May 27th, 2011, 06:38 PM

Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby!

I agree with what has been said it's really about drafting and counterdrafting. If he has a Braxis, use a Thanos. Iron man and Captain America do well against squads.
Old May 28th, 2011, 08:54 PM
More Interesting Than He Actually Is

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Figures with the Superstrength symbol add 1 die when attacking or defending against a figure without the Superstrength symbol.

C3G Needs You! Interested in playtesting? Want to playtest?
Humbled to have been a C3G Hero!
Old May 30th, 2011, 10:50 AM

Lord Dragonix knows what's in an order marker Lord Dragonix knows what's in an order marker

Since you are already using custom supers, why not use custom cards designed for Superheroscape compatability featuring classic figures? That way you still use your favorite classic figs and don't feel like you wasted $ on the ones gathering dust.

Ideas: Krav Maga as FBI Agents
Microcorp Agents as SHIELD Agents
Blastatrons and other Vydar Soulborgs as Doombots or Legions of Ultron
Brunak, Obsidian Guards, Fire Elementals, Minions of Utgar, etc. as Mephisto's Realm's inhabitants
Kyrie, Jotun, Elves, etc. as inhabitants of Asgard, Jotunheim, etc.
Marro as Alien Invasion or Bio Sentinels
Airborne Elite as Generic Common Army Squad
Dund as something useful
Taelord as something affordable

Just a thought.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations