Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old December 4th, 2009, 02:58 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
The Book of Pyro

The Book of Pyro

C3G MARVEL WAVE 1
RISE OF THE MUTANTS

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Universe set.
Its model number and name are #109-111 / Pyro.

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Infinity Challenge set.
Its model number and name are #091-093 / Pyro.

Character Bio - "Born in Sydney, Australia, Pyro is a mutant who possesses the power to psionically control fire and flame, though not generate it. He wears a flame thrower on his back to provide the flame which he then takes control of. His ability to manipulate flame emerged in his teens, but he was unable to find a practical use for it. After years of working in Southeast Asia as a journalist and novelist, Pyro met the mutant Mystique, who later recruited him to the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants as a professional criminal and subversive." (Wikipedia, 2010).

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:
  • Figures with the Fire Weakness special power roll 1 fewer defense die against Pyro’s Living Flame Special Attack. Current figures with the Fire Weakness special power.
  • Pyro’s Living Flame Special Attack and Engulf special power do not affect figures with the Lava Resistant special power. Current figures with the Lava Resistant special power.
  • As a Mutant, Pyro interacts differently with these special powers.
  • As a figure with a Special Attack, Pyro interacts differently with these special powers.

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • Pyro's Living Flames Special Attack is extra effective against Martian Manhunter because of his Fire Weakness special power.
  • Using Professor X to activate Angel and using him to drop Pyro adjacent to an enemy and then activating Pyro is a good way to maximize the potential for his Engulf.
  • Pyro's Living Flames Special Attack is great for killing squads, especially squads like Civilians who gain bonuses when adjacent to each other.
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Last edited by Splash; August 5th, 2022 at 10:43 PM.
Old December 17th, 2009, 05:32 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Pyro C3G X-Men Master Set

NAME = PYRO
SECRET IDENTITY = SAINT-JOHN ALLERDYCE

SPECIES = MUTANT
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = OUTCAST
PERSONALITY = WILD

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 120

LIVING FLAMES SPECIAL ATTACK

Range 5 + Special. Attack 4.
The first target of Living Flames Special Attack must be within a Range of 5. After attacking with Living Flames Special Attack, you may choose a figure that was adjacent to the defending figure at the beginning of that attack and attack that chosen figure with Living Flames Special Attack. You may continue attacking with Living Flames Special Attack in this manner until you have attacked up to 6 figures. A figure cannot be attacked more than once in a turn with Living Flames Special Attack. Figures with the Fire Weakness special power roll one fewer defense die when defending against Living Flames Special Attack. Figures with the Lava Resistant special power cannot be targeted with Living Flames Special Attack.

ENGULF 11
Before moving, Pyro may roll the 20-sided die once for each adjacent enemy figure. If you roll 11 or higher, that figure receives one wound. Figures with the Lava Resistant special power are not affected by Engulf 11.

I know earlier people liked Engulf, but weren't a fan of his special attack. What would people think of using the new Fire Blast Special Attack from the DnD Master Set? I think it has really fun mechanics that would suit Pyro well.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Last edited by tcglkn; June 7th, 2020 at 07:59 PM.
Old December 17th, 2009, 08:03 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

I could see doing the Fire Blast, it is fitting at least with Pyro playing with the fire level and manipulating it. Perhaps we could make it a bit more "Super" though, like with an area effect as well.
Old December 18th, 2009, 12:49 AM

"More super" = more mechanically overcomplicated?

Old December 18th, 2009, 01:29 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I know earlier people liked Engulf, but weren't a fan of his special attack. What would people think of using the new Fire Blast Special Attack from the DnD Master Set? I think it has really fun mechanics that would suit Pyro well.
I can dig it. Though perhaps make it attacks of 1, 2 or 3 so that he can shoot out a bunch of 1 skull attacks to defend against just to be annoying. Not having the 4 dice option also distinguishes it a bit more from the Fireball Special Attack of 4 attack dice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
I could see doing the Fire Blast, it is fitting at least with Pyro playing with the fire level and manipulating it. Perhaps we could make it a bit more "Super" though, like with an area effect as well.
If he still has his Fireball Special Attack, then that can be his area of effect Special Attack.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old December 18th, 2009, 04:00 PM

I would think that very few characters ever should be given two special attacks. Is Pyro really someone who should make that list?
I'm happy with him just having an attack that allows multiple attacks (it's plenty powerful) without him having an area attack as well. We don't need an uber Pyro. He's not really a big shot, just another member of the Brotherhood.
Not to mention, we're going to have plenty of chances to put fire based powers on cards in the future. We can keep it to one for him.
I'd be happy sticking with the fire ball approach, but I figured this one might fit better thematically as it'd show him playing with the flames more. I definitely think it should be an either/or situation, though.

Old December 18th, 2009, 05:16 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
I would think that very few characters ever should be given two special attacks. Is Pyro really someone who should make that list?
I'm happy with him just having an attack that allows multiple attacks (it's plenty powerful) without him having an area attack as well. We don't need an uber Pyro. He's not really a big shot, just another member of the Brotherhood.
Not to mention, we're going to have plenty of chances to put fire based powers on cards in the future. We can keep it to one for him.
I'd be happy sticking with the fire ball approach, but I figured this one might fit better thematically as it'd show him playing with the flames more. I definitely think it should be an either/or situation, though.

I misunderstood and thought you were wanting to lose Engulf for the new power in addition to the Fireball.

So would you still be keeping Engulf and replacing the Fireball with the Fireblast?

Old December 18th, 2009, 05:21 PM
Prickly Cactus

I brought this over from X-Men thread because it was a pain in the butt to keep trying to find it to see what this guy has for stats.

Quote:

PYRO
ST. JOHN ALLERDYCE

MUTANT
UNIQUE HERO
MALCONTENT
WILD
MEDIUM 5

FIREBALL SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 6. Attack 4.
Choose a figure to attack. Any figures adjacent to the chosen figure are also affected by Fireball Special Attack. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Each affected figure rolls defense dice separately. Fireball Special Attack may not be used against adjacent figures. Figures with the Fire Weakness special power roll one fewer die when defending against Fireball Special Attack.

ENGULF
Before moving, Pyro may roll one unblockable attack die for each adjacent enemy figure.
Engulf does not affect figures with the Lava Resistant special power.

4 LIFE
MOVE 5
RANGE 1
ATTACK 3
DEFENSE 4
??

Engulf may be too powerful ... I may have to change that one to a D20 roll. 14 or higher?

Old December 18th, 2009, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
So would you still be keeping Engulf and replacing the Fireball with the Fireblast?
Yes. I was under the impression that people liked Engulf a lot better than the Fireball Special Attack. I know I feel that way.
PS, thanks for bringing that over. I'm getting lazy in my old age. I'll update the first post.

Old December 18th, 2009, 07:25 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

I don't really like Fireball. I don't really think that is a thematic attack for him. He seems to just inflame things. He doesn't really hit them with the concussive force of a fireball.
Old December 18th, 2009, 07:25 PM
Prickly Cactus

No problem "Old Man"

I'm good with Fireblast over Fireball. His abilities are to manipulate flame into things he can imagine and the size and power are reliant on his concentration. This can be represented better by Fireblast in that it would take less concentration for something small for a 2 dice attack and this would have a better chance of him rolling 2 skulls and attacking again. The higher concentration 4 dice attack would be less likely to get a second attack from rolling all skulls.

Old December 18th, 2009, 08:43 PM

So, Balantai, what would you think of this on Pyro's card?

DANCING FLAMES SPECIAL ATTACK*
Range 5. Attack Special.
Each time you attack with Pyro's Dancing Flames Special Attack, you may choose to roll 1, 2, or 3 attack dice. If a skull is rolled on every die, you may attack again with Pyro's Dancing Flames Special Attack. You may continue attacking with Pyro's Dancing Flames Special Attack until you do not roll a skull on every die.

*This is exactly the same as Fire Blast Special Attack except that I lowered the 4 attack dice option to a 1 attack die option.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library