Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old December 15th, 2009, 10:31 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Mystique C3G X-Men Master Set

ENGAGEMENT STRIKE 15
If an opponent's figure moves into engagement with Mystique, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 15 or higher, the opponents figure receives a wound.

It's all right there. If Magneto uses his throw power to place Cyclops on a space adjacent to Mystique, Cyclops didn't move into engagement with Mystique, he was placed there. So that's how we know.
Also, this is an official power on the Nakita Agents (as is Jotun's Throw) so I'm sure any major issues with the combination have been FAQ'd by now.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 15th, 2009, 11:12 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Here'sNakitas Card
and Arkmer's Card. They both have Engagement Strike on their cards.

Actually, the wording on Mystique's card should be changed to match Nakitas or Arkmer's card.

Engagement Strike 15

If an opponent's small or medium figure moves adjacent to Mystique, roll the 20-sided die. On a roll of 15 or higher, the opponent's figure receives a wound. Figures may be targeted only as they move into engagement with Mystique.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon

Last edited by Hahma; December 15th, 2009 at 11:21 PM.
Old December 15th, 2009, 11:42 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
I like her, here's my question though. Say she is a Mutant and can't be attacked unless adjacent to other mutants. Now say I am using Magneto or Jean against her. If she is within range, obviously I can throw her. Assuming I decide to throw her into an adjacent spot to Magneto, who can now attack her. Does he take an engagement strike (she technically moved into engagement with him) and if so, what about someone else he should throw her into an adjacent spot to?

I am not sure I agree with this idea, but what if Incognito didn't work when she was a Mutant? This would allow Wolverine and Sabretooth to represent smelling her and allow for for the fact that she is a Mutant in her true form.
First of all, if she is a mutant, she can be attacked by other mutants that aren't adjacent if they have ranged special powers/attacks.
1.OK, not sure why, can you explain this? Is normal attack infered?

Quote:
Engagement Strike only happens when an opponent moves into an adjacent space to Mystique. She can move or be thrown wherever, but if she ends up in a space adjacent to an opponent's figure, they don't get Engagement Strike.
2. This answers my question directly. My question is how do you know this? Is it something in the rules I missed?

Quote:
Sabertooth and Wolverine shouldn't have ranged attacks, special or otherwise, so them smelling her wouldn't be any different because they'd still have to be engaged to her to attack her and that works the way Incognito is currently worded.
3.My point was they would know it was her when moving into engagement, so they shouldn't take Engagement Strike, I think. I don't know it was late!
1. The card says that figures of the same species must be adjacent to her to attack her with a normal attack. That means that if figures of the same species aren't adjacent to her, they can only attack her with a Special Attack/Power because it says that they can only use their normal attack if they are adjacent to her, but it doesn't say anything about needing to be adjacent to her to use a special attack/power.

2. This also is stated on the card, where it says that if an opponent's figure moves adjacent to Mystique, roll the 20-sided die (to resolve Engagement Strike). If Mystique moves adjacent to an opponent's figure, they don't roll for Engagement Strike because she moved into engagement to them but the card says that if an opponent's figure
moves adjacent to Mystique. There's a big difference and it plainly states that not Mystique, but the opponent's figure must move adjacent to her.

Edited out my misinformation

This is also the way Smilex Glyph works when Joker is equipped with it. It's only activated when an opponent moves adjacent to him, but not when he moves adjacent to an opponent. So if you ever play Joker and he's equipped with Smilex, treat it like engagement strike in this manner.

3. Engagement Strike isn't part of Incognito and it doesn't matter what Wolverine or Sabertooth can smell. Engagement Strike is more to do with combat prowess and being quicker to the attack, perhaps through anticipation. Kind of like Counterstrike is simulating being able to strike back to possibly get an extra attack on an opponent and relies on being attacked for it to work. Engagement Strike is like getting the first shot in and is dependent on an opponent moving adjacent to figure with Engagement Strike power.

Last edited by Hahma; December 16th, 2009 at 06:17 AM.
Old December 15th, 2009, 11:54 PM

Zer0scaper is surprisingly tart

Just throwing this out here for you guys- If jotun throws (or Theracus carries etc..) a figure adjacent to a Nakita, the Nakita does roll for engagement strike.
Old December 16th, 2009, 12:20 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zer0scaper View Post
Just throwing this out here for you guys- If jotun throws (or Theracus carries etc..) a figure adjacent to a Nakita, the Nakita does roll for engagement strike.
Where's your source for this?

Edit: I think you're right - for the same reason that Jotun can throw someone into Molten Lava (which specifies in the rules that it only kicks in when you move into it) and destroy them that way. So using the same logic, you should be able to throw someone into an Engagement Strike.
That's kind of cool, though, and a fun way to use Magneto's Throw Power.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 16th, 2009, 12:31 AM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:
Where's your source for this?

Edit: I think you're right - for the same reason that Jotun can throw someone into Molten Lava (which specifies in the rules that it only kicks in when you move into it) and destroy them that way. So using the same logic, you should be able to throw someone into an Engagement Strike.
That's kind of cool, though, and a fun way to use Magneto's Throw Power.
I just found it here after exhaustive searching and apparently the designers had clarified it a while ago and a Place and Move is synonymous. GB stated that, so I'll take his word for it. I just wish it was on some official FAQ somewhere.

My mistake Spidey regarding Thrown figures not causing engagement strike, they will, as will summoned figures as well.

Last edited by Hahma; December 16th, 2009 at 12:39 AM.
Old December 17th, 2009, 08:10 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
You are 100% correct. I have used this tactic for quite some time with Jotun and Nakitas, and I love it.
Old January 7th, 2010, 03:22 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

I'm not really sold on this version of Mystique, yet. Stealth Dodge and Incognito seem to be overlapping powers. She doesn't quite have the Mystique feel yet for me. Anybody else feel this way?
Old January 7th, 2010, 05:46 PM

I think you're right about them overlapping. As cool a power as Stealth Dodge is, we can probably drop it here.
Engagement Strike and Incognito together feel very Mystique to me, though. Maybe she's a good candidate for only two powers?

Old January 7th, 2010, 06:49 PM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I think you're right about them overlapping. As cool a power as Stealth Dodge is, we can probably drop it here.
Engagement Strike and Incognito together feel very Mystique to me, though. Maybe she's a good candidate for only two powers?
I really like her having Stealth Dodge though. It is very appropriate for her to have it for theme reasons, and I also like how she is difficult to hit from a distance unless you engage her. That forces the opponent to decide to either try and go for the difficult shots from a distance or to engage and take the chance of a wound. I think that would fun. At least for me it is always nice to have units that force your opponent to make difficult decisions.
Old January 7th, 2010, 06:52 PM

Yeah, but does she really need both Stealth Dodge and Incognito making her difficult to hit? Maybe we need to rethink her shapeshifting power and replace Incognito with something that's not defensive oriented, and then keep both Engagement Strike and Stealth Dodge?
I do feel Balantai's correct about the unnecessary overlap with the current design.

Old January 7th, 2010, 07:27 PM

OK... but I liked the overlap.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library