Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old January 9th, 2023, 01:28 PM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
@Leaf_It , is that a pictures of the old sculpts next to the new ones?
Yes. The four old Specters alternate placement with the Visages and Master Aldorn.
Old January 9th, 2023, 03:03 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahScott View Post
Quote:
Yes. The four old Specters alternate placement with the Visages and Master Aldorn.
Colorless translucent figures like these can easily have a problem of being too similar and difficult to tell apart at a glance. That's a real concern to me. I may have to buy the figures before I make a vote.
Old January 9th, 2023, 05:15 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

I meant to reply here a couple days ago, but ended up working on other things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vydar_XLIII View Post
Master Aldorn and the Visages of Aldorn:

1) "Terrifying squad figures" seems cleaner than "Terrors and common terrifying figures." It would work the same except for swapping out the Bloodburst Thrall for the Ebon Armor. But that's your choice.

2) I would have written it like this, but its just semantics. Your update accomplishes the same thing.

Quote:
SUMMON VISAGES
After taking a turn with Master Aldorn, you may take a turn with the Visages of Aldorn. Before taking a turn with the Visages of Aldorn, you may attempt to summon any previously destroyed Visages of Aldorn. Roll the 20-sided die once for each destroyed Visage. If you roll a 13 or higher, you may place that Visage within 3 spaces of Master Aldorn.
3) Good. I just wanted to make sure it was looked at.

----------

Lady Aldorn: Of those previous names I like "Call of Aldorn" the most. I also did not realize that Lady Aldorn can move the Visages. That makes her slightly more interesting.
Call of Aldorn it is. I'll edit the name change into my submission.
Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
I like the Aldorn designs. A few quibbles which I'll point out here (I apologize for not pointing these out to you before submission):

1. Can you have Visages in your army if you don't have Master Aldorn? I can't tell the intention.

2. I also agree with Vydar that "terrors and common terrifying figures" is way too awkward of a construction for what it does, and that "Terrifying Squad figures" is preferable without really changing the design outside of a few corner cases.

At the moment, I'll do to review Lady Aldorn.
Yeah, you and Vydar are right. I'll change it to Terrifying Squad Figures, and edit that into the submission. I'll also add "with a range of 1" just to future proof it a little bit.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahScott View Post
Quote:
Colorless translucent figures like these can easily have a problem of being too similar and difficult to tell apart at a glance. That's a real concern to me. I may have to buy the figures before I make a vote.
In person I have no trouble identifying them, but I've also been using these figures for several years, so I'm very familiar with them. I'll post some more pictures, to see if them being clustered up with no context, as they were before, was exacerbating the issue.

These are the Specters

And these are the Visages

And this is Aldorn and lady Aldorn (I didn't include Lady Aldorn in the original image.)

Last edited by Leaf_It; January 9th, 2023 at 05:51 PM.
Old January 9th, 2023, 05:29 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

I do think the new Aldornians look surprisingly distinct (from each other and from the Specters).
Old January 19th, 2023, 12:43 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

It's not easy to tell from the pictures, but I'm willing to believe these models are distinct enough from the Specters. I may change my mind when I get the figures in hand, though.

The designs are all pretty decent. I don't think there's a need to expand that faction, and the game has plenty enough translucent figures already, but at least on the surface these appear to be decent additions.

to review Master Aldorn
to review Visages of Aldorn
to review Lady Aldorn
Old January 19th, 2023, 10:02 PM

Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

These have my 3 upvotes as well.

to review Master Aldorn
to review Visages of Aldorn
to review Lady Aldorn

"I disagree. You're kind of right, yes, but Vydar and I are entirely right." -superfrog

High Quality Map Rendering
Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
VC Units Base Size Spreadsheet
Old February 20th, 2023, 09:05 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Vote Time

to review Master Aldorn, Visages, and Lady Aldorn

I have some things I'm curious to see in playtesting, but I have no complaints with these figures. I'm not sure the Specter faction needs more things, but these fit thematically and give some potentially interesting options both within the faction and outside of it. I would like to know if the Visages are able to be played standalone but I doubt it would affect my vote.

~Dysole, updatingly
Old February 21st, 2023, 02:24 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Took a look at the OP...we're closing in on 3 years since the submissions of Masha, Rujin and Shadow Wraith.

Now, I know there are reasons for that - having had conversations with some of you privately - but if I'm being honest, would love to see increased commitment and focus from the judges to get these "old timer" designs decided on.

Not trying to offend. I know many of you wear multiple "hats"...life gets in the way, priorities shift...I get it. That said, seems a bit unfair that with so many "active" judges...we can't see a resolution after so long.

I respect you all, and appreciate your hard work here...just trying to give a friendly nudge.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old February 21st, 2023, 02:54 AM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun

This is true. However, there were about 22 SoV votes last year, and they've averaged three inducted cards per year since 2011. We got four finished SoV army cards last year. I think the pace is good, especially considering the three months of...distraction...last fall...
Old February 21st, 2023, 04:25 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Like I said, total respect…and I get it….just asking for some focus
on the “old timers”…seeing as they’ve been sitting the longest. That’s all.

~ getting off my soapbox, I’ll say no more

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old February 21st, 2023, 09:42 AM
VIG & Battleship Galaxies Weasel

P_J_Keller rolls all skulls baby! P_J_Keller rolls all skulls baby! P_J_Keller rolls all skulls baby! P_J_Keller rolls all skulls baby! P_J_Keller rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Took a look at the OP...we're closing in on 3 years since the submissions of Masha, Rujin and Shadow Wraith.
As someone that tries to keep up on the submitted miniatures before they become too costly, can you include a link when referencing a prior submission?

This way I can verify that I have the mini while waiting for approval

Thanks
Old February 21st, 2023, 10:59 AM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by P_J_Keller View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
As someone that tries to keep up on the submitted miniatures before they become too costly, can you include a link when referencing a prior submission?

This way I can verify that I have the mini while waiting for approval

Thanks
They are all listed in the OP

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs