Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

View Poll Results: What type of set will Wave Heroscapers be creating?
Master Set 27 67.50%
Wave 11 27.50%
Terrain Pack 2 5.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old July 13th, 2009, 09:07 PM

bmaczero wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmaczero wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmaczero wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmaczero wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmaczero wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmaczero wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Wave Heroscapers Discussion #1 - Storylines

I like the idea of including Aquilla and Vydar to try to give them more units. I don't think it would be ideal to just flip Vydar or Aquilla directly against the others, though. It just seems too engineered after this nice alliance.

That presents a problem of who the two should be fighting against. Utgar already has his fair share of figures, so we don't really want to put him in as the dominant antagonist of another Master Set. Maybe this storyline does not have to be battle-oriented. I think a good idea might be to have Aquilla and Vydar exploring new territories. This gives us an excuse to create some interesting new races if we like (sounds fun ). They could possibly battle the new races they encounter, conquer them, and bring them under Aquilla's control.

Scenarios could involve trying to reach an objective while battling terrain effects...not unlike the one RotV scenario where a toxic mist is rising that will ultimately kill everyone...

Maybe I'm crazy, but does anyone like this?

MSE: Easy Heroscape Card Creation
V2.5 Expanded Glyphs
Old July 13th, 2009, 09:14 PM

Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker

It could totally go in a similar route to the World of Warcraft minis game (which I am overall not a fan of, I just like this particular bit) except not random like WoW is, of course:

Include one set of 'good guy' figures (Mostly Aquilla? Anyway, just all generals but Utgar) and one set of non-general-aligned figures. Like beasts, non-soulborg robots, etc.

I'm selling a bunch of Heroscape stuff to pay for personal emergencies, please see my trade thread post: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...postcount=6803
Old July 13th, 2009, 11:17 PM

White Noise knows what's in an order marker White Noise knows what's in an order marker White Noise knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmaczero View Post
Maybe this storyline does not have to be battle-oriented. I think a good idea might be to have Aquilla and Vydar exploring new territories.
I must say I like this idea more, as it could be worked nearly seamlessly into the official storyline. Any major plot changes (like a general flipping sides) would be somewhat inconsistent with whatever WotC decides to do with the official storyline after this whole jungle fixation wears off. If there is to be an actual plot development, it should be constructed in a way that the storyline flows smoothly from SotM to whatever's next.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancampbell View Post
No matter your feelings towards D&D, it has divided us.
Something tells me that the cancellation, though tragic, may indeed mend that divide...
Old July 14th, 2009, 11:30 AM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

I would have to agree with bmaczero and White Noise on this. A less epic change that wouldn't conflict with any future official storylines would probably be best.

I might also suggest reading what johnny139 and some of our other talented writers have come up with for Wave 9. It might be nice, if the need arises, to weave some of their already developed storylines into this one (with the author's permission, of course).

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards