Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old May 23rd, 2009, 03:00 AM

Hal0fan117 is surprisingly tart
So, it turns out I'm a sociopath

Here's the breakdown on what a sociopath is.
http://www.mcafee.cc/Bin/sb.html

There are maybe 2 or 3 things on that entire page that don't match up with me, and they're all relationship related. What do I do? I don't want to be a sociopath. I didn't used to be one, and now I am. The only reason I'm telling you this and not someone I know is because if I did, they would make me go to therapy, where I WOULD con the therapist! That's who I am, that's what I would do in that situation. I always thought I was just lazy and egotistical, but...Gah!Do any of you know a sociopath? Can we still function as human beings, or close to it? When I do take over the world, it will be a world of peace, does that change anything? I always thought I was crazy, but...help!

2013, Still alive.
Old May 23rd, 2009, 05:23 AM

Mutt Lo knows what's in an order marker Mutt Lo knows what's in an order marker
Re: So, it turns out I'm a sociopath

I have some sociopathic tendencies as well as some other issues. Noone can tell and i live a seemingly "Normal" life.

PS: whos to say what normal is?
Old May 23rd, 2009, 07:14 AM

RobWeaver has disabled reputation

First of all, I wouldn't be too concerned about a self-diagnosis obtained from an online quiz or test. That's simply not going to be indicative of anything other than that you can read.
Second, sociopaths don't care about their effect on those around them - ever. They, as well, can't figure out why other people may be upset with their ideas or behaviors as they seem perfectly logical and sane to themselves. The very fact that your response is "I don't want to be" is probably a good indicator that you're not. (A little geeky and unadjusted perhaps but then hey, we're discussing psychology on a website dedicated to a children's game where you play with toy soldiers and build things with plastic blocks. Kinda geeky, when you stop and think about it, isn't it?)
So, the old saying "Only sane men question their sanity" is probably true in your case.

Not one step backwards!
Old May 23rd, 2009, 07:43 AM

Messenger has disabled reputation

I had a psychology teacher who was convinced that Bill Clinton was/still is a sociopath. I don't know if that helps.

There is no difference, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.

Romans 3:22-24
Old May 23rd, 2009, 08:26 AM
Midol, King of PMS

Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby!

Bill Clinton is, you saw what he did in office, he tried to get his wife angry at him.

I'm a F18, bro.
Old May 23rd, 2009, 09:48 AM
Needs Reassurance

braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby!

From the quiz:
"Does not perceive that anything is wrong with them"

So, no, you are not a sociopath.

Need miniatures painted?

People to trade with: sixthflagbearer

Callipygian girls make the world go 'round.
Old May 23rd, 2009, 09:54 AM

django is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Your not a sociopath you just need a good slap and get your hair out of your face.I know a real sociopath and they are one of the most unpleasant people you can be around and tend to drive every one away.

If you have friends your probably not a sociopath.

Ądn sʇɐɥʍ
Old May 23rd, 2009, 11:54 AM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Let's see... I guess I'm sort of a sociopath. The thing is, I don't enjoy it. That's the differnce. I can be a little "cruel" at times, but I don't enjoy it. I'm not a happy person either, so that adds a lot. Most of the things in that article don't fit me, but parts do. For the sake of you not hating my guts, I'm not going to say what though.
Old May 23rd, 2009, 11:57 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Halo is big into self diagnosis

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old May 23rd, 2009, 12:07 PM
pretty princess pony precious power!

J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einar's puppy View Post
Let's see... I guess I'm sort of a sociopath. The thing is, I don't enjoy it. That's the differnce. I can be a little "cruel" at times, but I don't enjoy it. I'm not a happy person either, so that adds a lot. Most of the things in that article don't fit me, but parts do. For the sake of you not hating my guts, I'm not going to say what though.
Most people have a little of everything in them. People have emotions. Look at Star Wars. The struggle between the light side and the dark side, to me, just presents one's own internal struggle between right and wrong. This isn't the first time some one has doubted them selves.

That's the funny thing about the hormonal changes going on in a teens body, they think no one can possibly understand what they are going through. Well, pardon me but you don't know jack.

Once you don't commit suicide and decide to grow up and become a productive member of society you finally understand why your parents impose limits and give you a structured path to follow. Anarchy does not work it's just a tool teens use to help define their own selves. The developement of their own identity and being unique is important to them so not being understood and different almost always manifests.

I was always at odds with my father and once I grew up and had kids of my own I finally understood why my parents were the way they were. I got over my hatred for how I perceived I was treated and so will you.

Here's to graduating to man hood!

...and that's all I have to say about thayat.

Last edited by J4Jandar; May 23rd, 2009 at 12:26 PM.
Old May 24th, 2009, 09:33 PM

Mutt Lo knows what's in an order marker Mutt Lo knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4Jandar View Post
Quote:
Most people have a little of everything in them. People have emotions. Look at Star Wars. The struggle between the light side and the dark side, to me, just presents one's own internal struggle between right and wrong. This isn't the first time some one has doubted them selves.

That's the funny thing about the hormonal changes going on in a teens body, they think no one can possibly understand what they are going through. Well, pardon me but you don't know jack.

Once you don't commit suicide and decide to grow up and become a productive member of society you finally understand why your parents impose limits and give you a structured path to follow. Anarchy does not work it's just a tool teens use to help define their own selves. The developement of their own identity and being unique is important to them so not being understood and different almost always manifests.

I was always at odds with my father and once I grew up and had kids of my own I finally understood why my parents were the way they were. I got over my hatred for how I perceived I was treated and so will you.

Awesome post. + repped!
Old May 24th, 2009, 09:51 PM

GeneralGrievous13 is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutt Lo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by J4Jandar View Post
Quote:

Awesome post. + repped!
+rep for J4Jandar from me too.

As my Grandpa puts it, "You're only truly crazy if you think that you're not crazy."

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General