Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Notices

Old April 9th, 2007, 11:23 AM

Scapegoat has disabled reputation
My thought on promo figs...repaint some yourself and print the card out from this site. If the people you play with will not allow you to use "custom promos",then you need to find a new game group.I would personally never waste the amount of money to buy them from E-bay,but if you're a wealthy person with no other good way to waste your cash...more power to ya!

BTW,you can always make the true Sir Hawthorne! Umm one of you link-fiends add the link for the custom Grungebob Hawthorne please )) I can't remember who made the red Spongebob custom and card,but I know its here somewhere.
Old April 9th, 2007, 11:27 AM

Scapegoat has disabled reputation
http://heroscapers.com/community/sho...=sir+hawthorne
Old April 9th, 2007, 11:51 AM

thehandofzarquon is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I'm not bothered, for the most part, about exclusives in general, but the thing that bothered me about Hawthorne was that he was a repaint of a single figure from a 4-figure common squad... as one who does not play with customs, it is kinda a waste to have those 3 extras just hanging around because they will never get used... *shrugs

Of course, the best way to handle these exclusives would be if they were repaints of units from the Master Set(s), imho.

Glory to the Many.
Old April 9th, 2007, 12:03 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehandofzarquon
I'm not bothered, for the most part, about exclusives in general, but the thing that bothered me about Hawthorne was that he was a repaint of a single figure from a 4-figure common squad... as one who does not play with customs, it is kinda a waste to have those 3 extras just hanging around because they will never get used... *shrugs

Of course, the best way to handle these exclusives would be if they were repaints of units from the Master Set(s), imho.
So throw them away. Or give them to some little kid who would love them. But to gripe about having three extra figures sure does seem to me a very, very, very, small lament.
Old April 9th, 2007, 12:05 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehandofzarquon

So throw them away. Or give them to some little kid who would love them. But to gripe about having three extra figures sure does seem to me a very, very, very, small lament.
Or offer them up here or on ebay.

Plus you get the base for Sir Grungebob, I mean Hawthorn, and Nerak in the same box.
Old April 9th, 2007, 12:12 PM

Harold Woo who?
or, you could paint all 4 in hawthorne's scheme, then you'd have a doubly unique hawthorne, so everybody can draft him
Old April 9th, 2007, 12:18 PM
Flunked Ebay

MKSentinel knows what's in an order marker MKSentinel knows what's in an order marker
To set the record straight, my mention of deploying to Afghanistan during GENCON was meant only to show why I was unable to attend...and that it had nothing to do with personal choice or finances.

In no way do I think that being in the service makes me more correct than anyone else hear on the boards. I only mention it because someone else took it the wrong way and PM'ed me.

Now that we're clear on that fact...I return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

Adam

Good Traders: Maska, Fallen Templar, Punisher Fan, loborocket, Marduk, Brotharon

324 figures and counting!

Check me out here:
http://www.myspace.com/mksentinel

And FOR EVERYONE'S SAKE, BEFORE YOU POST YOUR BRILLIANT QUESTION,

Self-induced illiteracy should be a crime!!!
Old April 9th, 2007, 12:35 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSentinel
To set the record straight, my mention of deploying to Afghanistan during GENCON was meant only to show why I was unable to attend...and that it had nothing to do with personal choice or finances.

In no way do I think that being in the service makes me more correct than anyone else hear on the boards. I only mention it because someone else took it the wrong way and PM'ed me.

Now that we're clear on that fact...I return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

Adam
I think this is one of the finest and boldest statements I've seen around here in a long time.

Thanks, MKS.

Oh, and I still think that the promotional figures are a good marketing technique for Hasbro...they generate excitement (and controversy) which serves the company's sales goals. Whether they become "collectible" is in the hands and minds of the community who buys, wants, or hates them.
Old April 9th, 2007, 12:43 PM
Flunked Ebay

MKSentinel knows what's in an order marker MKSentinel knows what's in an order marker
Quote:

I think this is one of the finest and boldest statements I've seen around here in a long time.

Thanks, MKS.

Oh, and I still think that the promotional figures are a good marketing technique for Hasbro...they generate excitement (and controversy) which serves the company's sales goals. Whether they become "collectible" is in the hands and minds of the community who buys, wants, or hates them.
They also help keep sick bastards like me hooked into the game...despite my protesting!

Again, was just hoping this game would be different...doesn't make me love it any less.

Adam

Good Traders: Maska, Fallen Templar, Punisher Fan, loborocket, Marduk, Brotharon

Check me out here:

Old April 9th, 2007, 12:59 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks, MKS.

They also help keep sick **** like me hooked into the game...despite my protesting!

Again, was just hoping this game would be different...doesn't make me love it any less.

Adam
But Adam, it is different. You seem hung up on the exceptions. Walk in to your chosen retailer. You want MK, HeroClix, MtG, etc, you buy blindly. You want HS, you see exactly what you are buying, can choose between available boosters and only get the ones you want. There are no rares that if you don't have you automatically loose that are nigh impossible to get short of buying tons of unneeded boosters or shelling out the bucks on ebay. The EOV, Nerak, et all are not killer units that you have to have.

HS is different than truly collectible, blind purchase, artificial shortage games, period
Old April 9th, 2007, 02:00 PM
Flunked Ebay

But blind buy is not a requirement for collectibles. Again, I bring up Star Wars action figures (realizing that Hasbro's tactics with sales of this gem do differ drastically from HS)...no blind buy, currently collectible and marketed by the same company. The primary difference between the two is that I know of no one who collects HS in mint in package (and BTW I have a huge Star Wars collection and OPEN every figure...my completist motivations are slightly different than most...I like having the cool new toys, but I also like playing with them).

So the motives for collecting Hero Scape are different (unless you're a scalper). You are compelled to purchase to increase the playability of your game. You collect 4th Mass because you want more units to play with, not because of value (much the same way I collect Star Wars...couldn't care less for resale value). However, limited figures like Hawthorne push the game more toward the collectible market.

And BTW, it's not just one or two figures now. Sure, those were the ones released at the con, but what about the flag bearers and the Elite Onyx Vipers. Seems like the trend toward exclusives and Heroscape is growing. Maybe in some ways the store exclusives are worse. People buy up the product simply to resell it instead of letting others have a chance to purchase it at retail cost.

Exclusives = Collectible
More exclusives = increased collecibilty of the game

The number of exclusives is increasing every year by one for GENCON and whatever the retailers offer.

I don't know...I feel like I'm beating a dead horse. I think folks here have a certain sterotyped idea of what collecting is.

Adam

Check me out here:

Old April 9th, 2007, 02:09 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Quote:
<snip>I know of no one who collects HS in mint in package <snip>

Adam
Talk to markwars sometime

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News