Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

View Poll Results: Woud you buy Marvel Wave 1?
YES!!! I love Marvel/Marvel got me into HS. 12 8.70%
YES!!! I'm addicted to everything HS/HS completist. 68 49.28%
YES!!! Can't wait to play with [insert character] 28 20.29%
Yes, as soon as I get Conflict Begins 7 5.07%
NO. I don't like Marvel. 6 4.35%
NO. None of the characters interest me. 3 2.17%
NO. Give resources back to classic HS. 10 7.25%
No, I don't have the money for both Classic and Marvel. 4 2.90%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 12th, 2008, 03:25 PM

STAROCEAN980 knows what's in an order marker STAROCEAN980 knows what's in an order marker
Please don't flameme for this but I've never liked Marvel or any superheros for that matter. I will not be buying it. I wish they'ed just stick to classic HS. However I do see how Marvel helps bring in others to the game thus, making it last longer.

My maps:

R.I.P. Ugly-Caco
Old March 12th, 2008, 03:37 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I think they should release at least one expansion to test the waters. Theoretical number crunching isn't always what it is cracked up to be.

Remember what Disraeli wrote:

'There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics.'

Newb.
Old March 12th, 2008, 03:38 PM

Bach has disabled reputation
I'm with STAROCEAN, I don't hate Marvel but I'm not "into it" either. Plus I can't afford both, and I'd rather have the classic.

Bach is Marcus... and has been paralyzed by the minions of Ne-gok-sa in the SIENNA CAVE...
Old March 12th, 2008, 03:39 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I'll buy these unless WOTC says that they will be the last set, then I won't, as I don't want to field questions from new players for the rest of my life about where Mister Fantastic is.
Old March 12th, 2008, 03:45 PM

eric.dunfee Woo who?
I'm definately more of a classic fan. I don't think there's as much strategy involved when your entire army is one guy. "Gee, I wonder where I'm going to put my order markers." Personally, I enjoy seeing the battlefield littered with potentially dozens of figures. We do have one Marvel masterset, and do play it from time to time, but it just doesn't seem to bring much to the table. Of course part of that is because there aren't any other sets out yet to add to it. I may never become a huge fan of Marvel, but the more figures you add to it, the better it can potentially get.

That being said, I am looking forward to checking out the new cards!
Old March 12th, 2008, 03:49 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilNewbie
I think they should release at least one expansion to test the waters. Theoretical number crunching isn't always what it is cracked up to be.

Remember what Disraeli wrote:

'There are three kinds of lies: lies, darned lies, and statistics.'

Newb.
I agree. Testing the waters seems smart. I bet the Marvel set will start selling better, with these out, and interest will grow. Plus, I am glad to have Marvel if for no other reason than it brought us one more player to our group--he started with Marvel and then found classic--and us!

I am definitely a classic fan and most games are pure classic, but these bring a fun dimension and aspect to the game (plus, my kids love them!). A chance for variation that is part of what makes HS so much fun.

EDIT: jcb231, I'm with you on the whole Fantastic Three thing...
Old March 12th, 2008, 04:11 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
We have one player that got into Heroscape predominately because of the Marvel release. He now uses some of the HC stuff to support his MC figures. Besides I love mixing both into games as it gives a nice variety of powers and it is fun to see Cap running around with some Microcorp agents or the KMA. Plus I love the smell of acid melted Iron Man in the morning (go Braxas) !!!

Newb.
Old March 12th, 2008, 04:25 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
I think my avatar speaks for itself here.

If I believed in gods, I'd be praying to them right now to get Wal-Mart to agree to carry Marvelscape so that the game isn't stillborn like this. I do agree with others here that waves consisting of two packs of uniques does make Marvelscape a harder sell. All the more reason to start incorporating common squads into the game.
Old March 12th, 2008, 05:02 PM

tyguy94920 is surprisingly tart
My few opinions about the set

1- I hope that it is a big expansion/ master set like the first one is. It is much easyer to get them all in one big package. Allong with another distructable object

2- I like the Torch's sculp of half fire/human, but his hair looks like udder crap

3- The Thing needs to be a little bigger

4- Punishers sculpt still needs a little 'Pizzaz'

5-Doc Ock would look cooler if he was walking on his extra legs

I think that is all

Click Above for My Sig Link
Old March 12th, 2008, 07:00 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun
I chose the second one down, I'll probably buy 2 of this pack.
Old March 12th, 2008, 07:23 PM
Forums Good I Has

J-Unit94 knows what's in an order marker J-Unit94 knows what's in an order marker
I hate Marvel!!!! Heroscape was slightly ruined when Marvel came out. I would never buy Marvel and I thin WOTC should discontinue it.

Old March 12th, 2008, 07:45 PM

grizz is surprisingly tart
No, I don't have the money for both Classic and Marvel. I hope to some day but just can't right now.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion