Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

View Poll Results: Do you actually want a game day in Tulsa?
Yes, but don't want to be the only older/younger guy. 2 12.50%
Yes, I really want to look in to it. 11 68.75%
Interested, but I don't think I could really find time. 1 6.25%
I'll probably just stick with what i've been doing. 0 0%
Maby if you stretch beyond tulsa 2 12.50%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old January 5th, 2007, 09:27 AM

Fourshadow knows what's in an order marker Fourshadow knows what's in an order marker
I've seen that place (All in Games) but have not been in--maybe that could have something to do with not knowing how to get up there?!

Sunday would not be good for me at all. Saturday is a big possibility with Friday night another but Sunday and Monday are a big no-go for me.

Markwars, I have no idea where the Edmond to Norman contingent would be. I once lived in Norman, but HS did not exist at that time. I am shocked there are as many Tulsa posters as there are....and Sachsen is one of the 5 that I have introduced to the game.

"There's right and there's wrong: you do one and you're living. You do the other and you may be walking around, but you're as dead as a beaver hat." John Wayne in The Alamo
Old January 5th, 2007, 07:39 PM

Josef has disabled reputation
I found it!!

Well I think it's as good as we'll get, for now atlest. I went to Wizards(it's friday), and he wasn't busy at all. The only things they have going on are a magic draft at 7:00 and a tourny at 7:30. He says that the games are small and there is plenty of room. It's a very nicly sized place and should work great. (saturday is way busy though, loaded with D&D and card games). I believe it's open untill 9 (maby later), but I think we can stay in till the tournament ends (though if the tournament doesn't make we should go when it closes)

So do we want to do it at Wizards (71st & Mingo) on friday?
Can you make the drive?
What time Frame works best for you guys?
Could we get this started next week?
Old January 5th, 2007, 09:05 PM

sachsen Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josef
I found it!!

Well I think it's as good as we'll get, for now atlest. I went to Wizards(it's friday), and he wasn't busy at all. The only things they have going on are a magic draft at 7:00 and a tourny at 7:30. He says that the games are small and there is plenty of room. It's a very nicly sized place and should work great. (saturday is way busy though, loaded with D&D and card games). I believe it's open untill 9 (maby later), but I think we can stay in till the tournament ends (though if the tournament doesn't make we should go when it closes)

So do we want to do it at Wizards (71st & Mingo) on friday?
Can you make the drive?
What time Frame works best for you guys?
Could we get this started next week?
Don't rush it. Things like this take planning or else everyone straggles in at different times and there's a lot of sitting around and wasted time and frustration. Better to take a week or two or three and get all the details planned out for maximum fun and efficiency. For instance...

Drafting or bring your own?
# of points?
How many maps?
Tourney or regular social play?
Time limit?
Etc.

That all said, I'll be glad to join in on a Friday night. Once a month is probably all this busy husband and dad can handle, though.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go set up a Heroscape map for me, my son, and his friend.
Old January 6th, 2007, 10:06 AM

ewards71 has disabled reputation
Sweet . . . I agree . . . great place . . . great day of the week . . . but give us a little time to gather gear and perhaps a few of our Heroscape buddies . . . I have a few friends that play but do not post on the forums (I need to get them in the habit) then we can gather once a month (work and kids and stuff here as well) but it soulds awesome . . . I like a change every now and then from the usual !
Old January 9th, 2007, 03:44 PM

daevablacc has disabled reputation
Sounds good! I think this could be really fun! Friday at Wizard's sounds good to me. I can probably recruit a few more players to join me.
Old January 9th, 2007, 06:30 PM

EINARS follower has disabled reputation
I like Fridays I can make it if its this week
Old January 10th, 2007, 12:12 AM

ewards71 has disabled reputation
I am trying to gather a few more players too ! Could be a great turnout ! Not sure if I can get them all gathered by this Friday though . . . but I will try !
Old January 10th, 2007, 01:42 AM

Well, if we're doing something this friday. We have lots of junk to cover.

So mostly, we need to know if we're actually going to get going, or wait for more time to get stuff settled and organized.

Then we need to figure out how we're playing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachsen
Drafting or bring your own?
# of points?
How many maps?
Tourney or regular social play?
Time limit?
Etc.
We also need to figure out times to arive taking in to account set up and all that jazz. I'll probably be going in tomorow (wends) and i'll ask how many tables we'll be able to use, and I'll see how big they are.

If we get this all figured out and end up going I'd like to pm the tulsa guys again and notify wizards that we're comin.

If just a few of you guys want to show up thats fine to. There's no reason to have some huge showdown and be all unorganized just because a couple people wanted to play, it'd say don't rush, but there's no reason not to play and check out the space if you want to. I'd just confirm that other people are actually going aswell.
Old January 10th, 2007, 02:50 PM

Are we sure we want to dive in so quickly? If you are suggesting that we just show up and not invite anyone and use this as a test it could work I suppose. I think I could come this Friday. Here are my thoughts on the questions:

Drafting or bring your own? Bring your own to save time.

# of points? Either 400 points (for time) or 600 points w/ no more than 300 spent on squads (also for time). Having pre-made armies would also make transportation easier. Some of us could bring multiple pre-made armies to loan to new players if needed.

How many maps? Depends on tables and # of participants. Also, map building can take time so maps that are quick builds would be good.

Tourney or regular social play? 1st time I would suggest social for simplicity.

Time limit? 1.5 hours maybe.

Another question would be 1 on 1, team (2 on 2) or enemy of my enemy (ala MTG) 5 way free-for-all. That, I think would have to be decided based on attendence and # of maps.

I'm not married to any of these ideas so feel free to suggest otherwise. I have 2 of everything when it comes to terrain so I can make a map or two if I need to.
Old January 10th, 2007, 07:19 PM

EINARS follower has disabled reputation
Im cool with showing up this friday it no problem for me
Old January 11th, 2007, 01:23 PM

I can go Friday IF the ice storm doesn't happen then.
Old January 11th, 2007, 11:51 PM

Well, it sounds like some people want to come.

I say, pre-made 400pts. And social play.

But we really need to figure out maps, (probably 1-2 that can be 2 or 4 player, and one 3, atleast)

And times people would show up.

Also, we need people to bring maps (I for one have 1 ms and rttff) and i think that will be the most common so maps around that could be nice

Now all we need is a time to show up. I think it closes at 9, but I am not sure if we are able to stay later. I should be there if we figure out a time, and work stuff out.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events