Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old February 20th, 2008, 08:14 PM

Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Reverse Line of Sight

Does anyone else use what we call reverse line of sight? For example, a Krav Maga is on level 1 while Charos in on a castle on level 11. It can be difficult to get "behind" the Krav to check for a hit zone, so at times, we will go the other way and try to "see" the Krav's target point, his head, from any part of Charos that can be hit, which happens to be all of Charos' body. If we can't connect to the Krav's head from any part of Charos, we can assume that it wouldn't work the other way around either, since a straight line is a straight line is a straight line.

Just wondering if anyone else uses this method.
Old February 20th, 2008, 09:19 PM

DeathWalker (big number) has disabled reputation
I've used it before, after much argueing with my freind.

How do you get a signature???
Old February 20th, 2008, 09:34 PM

Pygon knows what's in an order marker Pygon knows what's in an order marker
I certainly do. The attacker seeing the hit areas of the target with its head is the same as the target "seeing" the attacker's head with any part of its hit area.
Old February 20th, 2008, 09:36 PM

Sci-fi Messiah has disabled reputation
No, but my opponent does that alot.

But seriously though, I've used it before. Only if I can't get my head down behind the figure, though.

"Thought he, life is wicked in all meridians. I'll die a pagan."
Old February 20th, 2008, 09:38 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
Usually line of sight is pretty obvious. If there's even a chance that something can be seen, I just say take the shot.

But I do what you say in those cases if there's need of a clarification.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old February 20th, 2008, 09:48 PM
is late for dinner.

Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby!
I often use this technique when LoS is difficult to determine. Lines go both ways, after all
Old February 20th, 2008, 10:40 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nooblar
I often use this technique when LoS is difficult to determine. Lines go both ways, after all
Pretty much what I just said in another thread.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old February 20th, 2008, 11:19 PM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
We do this all the time when the attacking figure is lower. I don't see anything wrong with it.
Old February 21st, 2008, 12:41 AM

The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker
I use this all the time. It really is much easier.

"For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest any man should boast"
Ephesians 2:8-9

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved" Acts 16:31

PM me if you would like to know more.
Old February 21st, 2008, 03:37 AM

champrjk knows what's in an order marker champrjk knows what's in an order marker champrjk knows what's in an order marker
We do that if we cannot get behind the attackers head.

Long live Heroscape.
Old February 21st, 2008, 05:31 AM
Master Custom Creator

PochoMan rolls all skulls baby! PochoMan rolls all skulls baby! PochoMan rolls all skulls baby! PochoMan rolls all skulls baby!
XRaine69 does this alot. But a far more effective way is to buy a small laser pointer and use that in a straight line. I seem to recall somewhere someone actuall affixed a laser to a HS figure to replace during LOS debates.
Old February 21st, 2008, 07:24 AM

Junge Roman has disabled reputation
Don't cross the streams...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion