Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old July 25th, 2013, 12:30 AM

Cardmaker75 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Legend of Korra Custom Cards

Okay for the record... in case my OTHER attempts at this were someone viewed by Admin or moderators, but not the normal person... or at the very least, not by me, I'm using IE for internet exploration and just learned IE likes to mess with people who come here. So if this is a copy or a new thread of a new thread, etc. I didn't do it on purpose.

That being said, I've recently started making custom cards for Heroscape, and have brought in one of my favorite series into the mix. I haven't given them their own army, but mixed them up with the various original Valkyrie generals, because I thought it would be more authentic that way.

http://zhaneaugustine.deviantart.com...Card-387487117 This is Amon the first villain of the LOK series. I felt he would mix well with the Egomaniacal element of Utgar, and so placed him in that army. I do admit I played a very rookie mistake when using the figure image. I am light years away from custom figures, so used a snapshot of Amon instead... and I SHOULD have gone with full body, instead of just his top. But I do like how I did the lettering, and I think I gave him fair stats.

http://zhaneaugustine.deviantart.com...ydar-387687243 This is my second attempt at card making. I managed to get a good full body shot of Tarlok (well that sounded wrong), and I do like how it turned out image wise. What I'm not very fond of here is the text... somehow to me it seems as if the rows are not very neat as they could be and just seem off. Plus Gimp kept moving the card base instead of the words when I tried to move them around. Go figure. Stat wise I wanted him a bit weaker than Amon, but more slippery, so I gave him a higher defense. Its also a reason I didn't allow Tarlok whose also a blood bender, and can control a person's or things actions by moving the water that ruins in their veins (in case you didn't know) to be able to control large foes, unlike Amon.

HOPEFULLY this now uploads, and you can see these cards OR I can see the thread fully. I hope you guys like, and let me know what you think. Every bit of insight makes me one step better to a better card designer!

Thanks
Old August 12th, 2013, 01:00 PM

hosj is surprisingly tart
Re: Legend of Korra Custom Cards

I like the cards quite a bit, and it is great you are trying to make customs for this show, but there are some serious problems with the special abilities.
I'm not quite sure what control means? Perhaps you can reword it to remove order markers? That makes more sense, because they can't really make enemies fight each other, more incapacitate them. Also, amons charismatic aura is extremely broken, that power would make him at least 300 points. I suggest you weaken it to add 1 die to any common squad figure within 3 clear sight spaces. As long as nothing bonds with him, that doesn't seem to strong. Tar locks defense is also probably too high.

Old August 12th, 2013, 01:15 PM
Will Paint For naGrub...

orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Just some touch ups on Tarloks first power. Instead of: withdraw from combat, you should probably say: when Tarlok disengages.

Also, instead of: He gains to damage markers, you should say: Place two wound markers on this card.

They look like fun!
Old August 14th, 2013, 02:53 AM

Cardmaker75 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Thanks for the liking and the helpful words.

By control I meant like Ne-Gok-Sa can do. Although unlike our favorite Marro, if defeated, Amon's and Tarlok's opponents would no longer fight for the enemy forces. I should have mentioned that, but length and my own foolishness wouldn't allow me to do that. haha.

You're right about both Amon being broken there too. I didn't think about that. And Tarlok's defense was to give him an edge over his big brother. But I went way too rookie bad on that too.

I will definitely reword things differently if I get gimp again in versions 2.0 of these cards.

Thinking of doing Bolin and Mako next, but not sure if I should put them in the same army? What do you think?

Last edited by Cardmaker75; August 14th, 2013 at 03:06 AM.
Old September 3rd, 2013, 08:48 AM

bacchus knows what's in an order marker bacchus knows what's in an order marker bacchus knows what's in an order marker

I thought Amons aura was broken until I realised it doesn't specify your own units; it reads as though it is any common unit, your opponents or yours.

To tone it down, make it more like Taelord, and offer a bonus to units within a certain range.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards