Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old December 24th, 2006, 07:28 PM

heroscaper2.0 has disabled reputation
nexus ops

I just managed to snag this cool llooking game for 19.99 at my local tru.
And i just can't wait to open it. For all the people who play. what would you rate it on a scale of 1 to 10?
Old December 25th, 2006, 12:40 AM
Man Genius

InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I gave it a 7.

http://www.rpg.net/reviews/archive/11/11402.phtml

http://drakesflames.blogspot.com
Drake's Flames, my crassly opinionated game review site. Updates three times a week.
Old December 25th, 2006, 10:52 AM

Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Another game I like.... I've only got to play it 5 or 6 times. Any game with hexes has to be good! I also wanted to see what this game looks like playing under a black light, but haven't been able to do that yet.

Rate it at about 7 Lava Leapers plus or minus a Fungoid

Tree Town Open

Austi-Con / Austin MN
Saturday - October , 2023
Old December 25th, 2006, 03:01 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
NO is a great game...I give it an 8.5. Scales well from 2 to 4 players and the game is easy to learn and plays fast (30 to 45 min). The concept to keep in mind while playing is it's not about conquering spaces but VPs. I've seen people almost get wiped from the board but come back and win by focusing on getting VPs. 19.99 is a great bargain.

Newb.
Old December 28th, 2006, 08:57 PM

heroscaper2.0 has disabled reputation
thanks guys, i love the game and have played many times now. my friends should be here soon to play
Old December 29th, 2006, 11:58 AM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I am a big fan of this one as well.
Old January 3rd, 2007, 11:15 PM

Sundance Woo who?
This is a decent game and fun to pull out w/o putting a lot of time in. I've gone through it several times and i don't agree w/ teh review from RPG.net.
Old January 3rd, 2007, 11:35 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Just played this tonight for the first time. I would give it an 8 after our first play, with more plays it could go up or down...
Old January 3rd, 2007, 11:47 PM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by netherspirit
Just played this tonight for the first time. I would give it an 8 after our first play, with more plays it could go up or down...
I think it is around an 8 for me too. How many people did you play it with. I think it scales very well.
Old January 3rd, 2007, 11:52 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Just me and the girlfriend.

Any game I get has scale down to 2. I always check out BGG before getting a game thats not meant for only 2 to see what others say about how it plays with only 2.
Old January 3rd, 2007, 11:53 PM

Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Just played a four player game last night. I went up against my wife and both daughters. They all ganged up on me... however they forgot the object of the game was " Victory Points" so they spent their time building large armies and going up against other large armies -vs- finding the battles they could win outright and using the bonus cards.

I won

Tree Town Open

Austi-Con / Austin MN
Saturday - October , 2023
Old January 3rd, 2007, 11:58 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codeman
Just played a four player game last night. I went up against my wife and both daughters. They all ganged up on me... however they forgot the object of the game was " Victory Points" so they spent their time building large armies and going up against other large armies -vs- finding the battles they could win outright and using the bonus cards.

I won
That's why I like this game. It's not about conquering (although winning battles helps)...it's about obtaining VPs and carefully picking battles. I've seen the same exact thing happen in a game where one of the players was almost removed from the game (1 or 2 spaces left) at one point but came back to win. I've played 3 and 4 player games and all the games were a blast.

Newb.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games