Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Notices

Old February 9th, 2020, 11:06 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Utah Monthlies 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
I love that Extreme Revolver format and really want to do it with a small group sometime. I don't think it would be good for one of our Monthlies, though, because it's pretty complicated and I think it's a bit more involved than we should be aiming for since we often have young and/or new players showing up.
I agree. That's my main concern with a lot of potential format ideas that I have. I don't want them to scare anyone off, or give them a bad experience.
Old February 9th, 2020, 11:54 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
Sounds interesting, but lets me it more unpredictable. As it is, you basically just switch armies every other game, unless you loose a lot.

Extreme Revolver:
Quote:
Each player brings 4 ~250 point armies. (adjusted so that 2 of them equal the desired max total)
• The armies may not include any of the same army cards
• The format is a regular swiss format
• Players start the tournament by choosing 2 of the 4 armies brought.
• When both players choose their army, they roll a 20 sided die. Highest player chooses who picks their army first.
• After playing a game, a player that won the match, cannot use the army with the most points left on the board, on his next match. If he did not win the match, he may choose which armies he brings to the next match.
Now your army is broken into 4 chunks, and you choose 2 of them each game, but the one that does the best, can't go on to the next game.
Im liking this as well. To add to this conversation: if its a 4 round tourney, bring 4 different armies and have to use a different one each time. Im liking the different variants coming up here.
That's done at GenCon -- the 4x400. I've always kind of wanted to do that, but have held off suggesting it for a Utah Monthly format because I'm hesitant to require all of our casual players to bring 4 different 400 point armies.

I love that Extreme Revolver format and really want to do it with a small group sometime. I don't think it would be good for one of our Monthlies, though, because it's pretty complicated and I think it's a bit more involved than we should be aiming for since we often have young and/or new players showing up.
That's why I initially thought 2 revolving armies would have been the sweet spot for the same reason.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old February 13th, 2020, 03:11 PM

Wakeupimtheking is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quick question can you have RotV Raelin On one team and Major Q9 on your teammates?
Old February 13th, 2020, 06:02 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakeupimtheking View Post
Quick question can you have RotV Raelin On one team and Major Q9 on your teammates?
Great question! The answer is no; only one restricted unit per team (as opposed to one per army). While discussing the specifics of the format for this year, we wanted to keep that combo wombo potential down.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old February 14th, 2020, 07:28 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

What maps are being used for the february monthly? Any ideas yet?

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old February 14th, 2020, 09:35 PM

Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby!

Alright, put me down!

Scaperedude + Thejolleyscaper

(+1 other team......)

H E R O S C A P E
Old February 15th, 2020, 01:14 AM

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
What maps are being used for the february monthly? Any ideas yet?
I'm running the pool by the rest of the organizers right now, and assuming there isn't a need for an overhaul of it, should be able to have it up tomorrow night.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaperedude View Post
Alright, put me down!

Scaperedude + Thejolleyscaper

(+1 other team......)
Woohoo!!

10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old February 16th, 2020, 02:08 AM

We've got our Team Tournament approaching fast in just two weeks! That means it's time to get some maps out there to get you all hyped and ready to play on! Check them out in the OP, or just scroll down!

Kampfzone: 2 RotV, 2 RttFF, 1 TT

Ascension: 1 RotV, 1 TT

Entangled: 1 SotM, 1 FotA, 1 TJ

The Incubator: 1 SotM, 1 TJ, 1 VW

Wyrmwalk: 2 BftU, 1 RttFF, 1 VW

Recessed Atrium: 1 BftU, 1 MtCB, 1 FotA

10 Points Under Videos

Old February 16th, 2020, 12:22 PM
I'm Feeling Inspired To Play Some Gladiators

BodaciousBlood knows what's in an order marker BodaciousBlood knows what's in an order marker BodaciousBlood knows what's in an order marker

If anyone plans on bringing a map, please reply to this thread or PM me. I will get the ball rolling by building and bringing THE INCUBATOR.
Old February 17th, 2020, 02:31 AM

Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby!

I've got Entangled already built!

H E R O S C A P E
Old February 17th, 2020, 11:14 AM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'm almost positive I will be able to make it this month. I am still working on a teammate arrangement.

And I can bring Ascension.

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old February 17th, 2020, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash_19 View Post
I'm almost positive I will be able to make it this month. I am still working on a teammate arrangement.

And I can bring Ascension.
Yay! I'm glad I won't have to start boycotting your maps until you start showing up again.

10 Points Under Videos

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events