Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old July 22nd, 2007, 03:18 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
You could place captured figures on Sentinel's card if they won't fit in his hand. Nothing you'd really need to put on the card, I don't think, as it's pretty easy to house rule if your bases don't work with the Sentinel's hands.
No need to move Nightwing back, just submit this one too. We've got a bit of a backlog right now, but I'm hoping we can start speeding things up soon.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 22nd, 2007, 03:48 PM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun
Well, the issue is that the number of figures a Sentinel has captured affects how many time he can attack. So if you have 3 Sentinels and place some captured figures on the card, how do you know which Sentinel figure it goes with?

Oh, and I had submitted Nightcrawler, not Nightwing. I would never dare to start off with a DC custom.
Old July 22nd, 2007, 03:59 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I always type Nightwing when I'm thinking Nightcrawler! It's like a mental block with me or something. :P
Hmm, you bring up a good point about the Sentinels being commons. If the figures don't fit in the Sentinel's hand, I'm not sure what the fix is here.
Maybe try and see how modding its hand goes and then let us all know how to do it if if works?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 22nd, 2007, 09:10 PM

Cigarman has disabled reputation
I'm a little confused over the capture power. Do you still do damage with your attack before the capture attempt or is it like the Heroclix Sentinel, where you do no damage, but get a capture attempt?

Cigarman
Old July 22nd, 2007, 09:25 PM

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun
You attack like normal, and after your attack (regardless of whether it caused damage or not), you roll to capture.
Old July 25th, 2007, 06:26 PM

Here's my first non-Marvel and non-DC superhero custom.

Old July 26th, 2007, 04:12 PM

The Sentinel question of who captured who is another problem that would be solved if you did 3 unique named versions of each MK type. Then you could give them 3 life 7 def as well, which seems to actually work a little better from the testing my group has done.

Cigarman
Old July 26th, 2007, 05:45 PM

The main reason I don't want to make them unique is because it wouldn't be consistent with the established mechanics and "spirit" of Heroscape. It's set up so that common figures have 1 Life, whether that's for better or worse. I don't really want to go around that convention by arbitrarily making a character that truly is common in the comics into a pseudo-unique figure.

Also, I think once you give him more than 1 Life, his cost would have to go way up because you could potentially have several of these at once. The 1 Life adds an interesting uncertainty as to when the Sentinel will get destroyed. I've played them many times and sometimes they get killed at the very start, but at other times they're the last ones standing. I kind of like that unknown factor for this figure; it makes it more of a strategic decision to decide whether to use them or not.
Old July 26th, 2007, 09:26 PM

Then you have a solution for tracking which common Sentinel is holding captured figs?

Cigarman
Old July 26th, 2007, 09:37 PM

Uhhh, well....

One idea was to mod the hands of the Sentinels so they can hold Heroscape bases. If that doesn't work or turns out to be too difficult, my second idea is to paint the base of each Sentinel a different color when I rebase them onto Heroscape bases. Then I can identify each Sentinel based on the base color and use some kind of token on the card to match up the card to it. I'd prefer the first option, but my Sentinel hasn't come in yet so I don't know how feasible it will be.
Old July 26th, 2007, 10:02 PM

I'm not sure re-basing the Sentinel on HS bases will work. It's current HC base covers 3-4 HS spaces, and the way it's posed, it may need that area of "footprint" to keep from falling over.

As for tracking, the base is probbly big enough to actually just place the captured fig on it.

Or you could stick 1,2,or 3 wound markers from standard HS on each Sentinel base to distinguish them, then place captured figs next to a matching number of markers next to your cards.

Cigarman

PS: Going to GenCon?
Old July 26th, 2007, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigarman
PS: Going to GenCon?
Unfortunately, no.

Someone told me that the HC Sentinels will fit on a double Heroscape base. But mine hasn't come in yet, so I haven't been able to try it. I like your ideas for tracking them, too.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations