Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old August 21st, 2015, 03:50 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Ixe's Custom Units

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ixe View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
NotSW: 85 seems a bit steep for any Squad that could get chopped down with only a few bad rolls, but that's what happens when you deal with Uniques.
Your argument seems to apply to practically all unique squads.
Well, yeah... I was more thinking about the more expensive ones, and how squads like the Ninjas of the Northern Wind, Krav, and Nakitas all have some sort of defensive ability that helps preserve them. But not all Uniques have that, so I suppose you're right.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old August 24th, 2015, 05:38 PM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Here's a new squad for Aquilla.

This is the Bloodbug from Pathfinder Miniatures - Skull & Shackles:

This is the Stirge from D&D Miniatures - War of the Dragon Queen:

And this is the Stirge from D&D Miniatures - Demonweb:

NAME = Stirge Swarmers
GENERAL = Aquilla
PLANET = Toril
SPECIES = Stirges
CLASS = Devourers
PERSONALITY = Relentless
SIZE = Small 4
COMMON SQUAD

LIFE = 1 (3 Figures)
MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 1
POINTS = 30

INSATIABLE SWARM

After revealing an Order Marker with the Stirge Swarmers, after taking a turn with the Stirge Swarmers, you may take another turn with the Stirge Swarmers. You may not move or attack with any Stirge Swarmers that moved or attack during the previous turn. Any Stirge Swarmer activated with Insatiable Swarm must be able to move adjacent to an opponent's figure.

LATCHED STINGERS
Stirge Swarmers roll 1 additional die against each figure leaving an engagement with them.

VORACIOUS FLYING
When counting spaces for a Stirge Swarmer's movement, ignore elevations. A Stirge Swarmer may fly over water without stopping, pass over figures without becoming engaged, and fly over obstacles such as ruins. If a Stirge Swarmer is engaged, it cannot move normally.

Stirges are the giant mosquito monsters from the D&D world of Toril. They will hungrily latch onto their prey and use their giant stinger to drain the very life out of those they prey upon. They travel in swarms and will descend upon any fresh blood with incredible vigor. When engaged, they will simply refuse to let go, either damaging their prey if they are ripped out or doggedly hanging on until they are killed.

The Stirges are a dumb swarm that a clever general can potentially use to their advantage. By wounding an opponent's hero, you may activate up to 6 of them per turn and tear your opponent apart. It is even possible to take advantage of a wounded hero of your own as means of being able to move and potentially attack with more stirges in a round (just don't attack your own hero). However, your opponent can potentially take advantage of these simple-minded creatures by forcing them into engagement with other targets, leaving them trapped on latched on to the wrong enemies. [EDIT] Dropped the anti-hero aspect to make them more versatile (and powerful).

As always, comments are greatly appreciated!

Last edited by Ixe; October 2nd, 2015 at 12:04 PM.
Old August 26th, 2015, 07:52 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Finally a use for these little buggers! It always irked me to see these things in booster packs. It's hardly any plastic.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old August 31st, 2015, 05:34 PM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Here's a squad for Jandar.

These are the Falconers of Alahan from Rackham Miniatures:

NAME = Heiran Falconers
GENERAL = Jandar
PLANET = Arctorus
SPECIES = Human
CLASS = Scouts
PERSONALITY = Tricky
SIZE = Medium 5
COMMON SQUAD

LIFE = 1 (3 Figures)
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 2
DEFENSE = 2
POINTS = 60

FALCON SWOOP SPECIAL ATTACK

Range 4. Attack 1. A Heiran Falconer that is not engaged and did not attack normally may use Falcon Swoop Special Attack if none of the Heiran Falconers moved this turn. After attacking with Falcon Swoop Special Attack, a Heiran Falconer may attack normally.

ZWEIHANDER 2
When a Heiran Falconer is engaged, add 2 to their attack value.

The Heiran Falconers are scouts that use their trained falcons in combat. When given a moment, they may send their birds forward to claw at their enemies while the falconers are free to use their guns and fire on a target. In melee, they brandish their enormous swords and set about viciously attacking the enemy.

I feel I keep on doing these mixed melee and ranged units but I feel it was something I needed to do for figures with both guns and enormous swords. When in position they may set their birds upon their foe in a sort of wait-then-fire that allows them to divide their attacks. Otherwise they can close in melee for some real damage, although their defense is low enough that they are pretty vulnerable. I am still tempted to have their birds be able to attack while they are engaged but I worry if that would be a bit much overall.

Last edited by Ixe; October 2nd, 2015 at 12:07 PM.
Old September 2nd, 2015, 09:53 PM

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Falconers: Very versatile for a mere 60 points. Powerful attacks, multiple ranged attacks, special attacks, and potentially very fast as Scouts with the Venoc Warlord. Of course, none of that can help their 2 defense. Like your ninjas before them, it's probably best to engage some and keep others at range. They'd probably be best while defending objectives or Raelin.

~TAF

Old September 7th, 2015, 03:57 PM

I was posting this and accidentally closed the tab right before I was about to submit. Time to try it again. Here is something that I will probably expand out to another cycle, starting with Ullar.

This is the Elf Warrior from D&D Miniatures - Aberrations:

And this is the Boar from D&D Dungeon Command - Blood of Gruumsh:

NAME = Galindel Arrowsong
GENERAL = Ullar
PLANET = Toril
SPECIES = Elf
CLASS = Ranger
PERSONALITY = Precise
SIZE = Medium 5
UNIQUE HERO

LIFE = 4
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 7
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 3
POINTS = 80

GALINDEL'S COMPANION

At the start of the game, you may choose a Unique small or medium Beast Hero you control to be Galindel's Companion. For this game the chosen Companion's class is Companion instead of Beast. Galindel's Companion rolls 1 additional attack and defense die when it is within 4 clear sight spaces of Galindel Arrowsong.

COMPANION BONDING
After revealing an Order Marker on Galindel, before taking a turn with Galindel, you may take a turn with Galindel's chosen Companion as long as it is still under your control.

NAME = Ridgeback
GENERAL = Ullar
PLANET = Toril
SPECIES = Boar
CLASS = Beast
PERSONALITY = Wild
SIZE = Medium 4
UNIQUE HERO

LIFE = 5
MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 1
POINTS = 40

FIRST ASSAULT 2

When attacking with Ridgeback, if the defending figure was not adjacent at the start of this turn, Ridgeback receives 2 additional attack dice.

ENDURING BOAR SPIRIT
When Ridgeback is destroyed, place this figure on any Unique Ranger Hero card you control. Ridgback's spirit adds 1 to the normal Life number on that card.

Galindel Arrowsong is a ranger who can bond with a beast and share strength between the two. By being within his presence, his chosen companion is strengthened to fight harder and withstand more attacks. Should his companion pass, its spirit can live on in its master and embolden them. Ridgeback is one such possible companion who wildly charges into battle and can level an impressive attack. When it passes, it will encourage its master to dig down and withstand more punishment.

Galindel Arrowsong is a fairly basic ranger who provides a noticeable bonus to his animal companion. This will likely grow to a full cycle where different general's companions can be mixed and matched among rangers for different benefits and dynamics. Ridgeback represents a hardy boar who can take a punishment and dish one out but does little to defend itself from wounds. Technically you could put multiple animals and rangers in an army and stack spirit bonuses on just one ranger, but the rangers are otherwise fairly mutually exclusive with their actions, benefits, and bonding. Ridgeback and the other companions can all be used alongside the arrow gruts but never if they've been made into a companion.

Old September 7th, 2015, 08:28 PM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!

I really, really dig the synergy between the two. While Galindel seems like a typical ranger, I like the theme of Ridgeback. These look like a blast to play together. Great job with these customs. You really captured the theme of a boar and a ranger.

Oops, rolled a 1.
Old September 8th, 2015, 09:20 AM

Thanks for the assorted comments!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Finally a use for these little buggers! It always irked me to see these things in booster packs. It's hardly any plastic.
Glad I can help out. Maybe I'll keep an eye out for other small sculpts to make use of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
Falconers: Very versatile for a mere 60 points. Powerful attacks, multiple ranged attacks, special attacks, and potentially very fast as Scouts with the Venoc Warlord. Of course, none of that can help their 2 defense. Like your ninjas before them, it's probably best to engage some and keep others at range. They'd probably be best while defending objectives or Raelin.
Raelin makes everything better. There is really not much getting around that. She makes other options even better still so I'm not terribly worried about her impact on them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marro_Warlord View Post
I really, really dig the synergy between the two. While Galindel seems like a typical ranger, I like the theme of Ridgeback. These look like a blast to play together. Great job with these customs. You really captured the theme of a boar and a ranger.
Glad to hear that you like them! I hope the other pairs I end up making live up to these comments.
Old September 14th, 2015, 10:39 AM

I've been rounding out my valkyrie genreals, doing 1 design (or very tightly linked designs) per general to even out my numbers. I finally caught up to my previous work with Utgar (thanks to my Devil Faction), meaning that they are all now evened up. Since I often enjoy designing cycles, this means I will now start rounding some of those out.

This is Runelord Sorshen from Pathfinder Miniatures - The Shattered Star.

NAME = Ursula Firebrand
GENERAL = Utgar
PLANET = Toril
SPECIES = Human
CLASS = Battle Mage
PERSONALITY = Tormenting
SIZE = Medium 5
UNIQUE HERO

LIFE = 5
MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 3
POINTS = 110

WHIRLWIND ASSAULT

When attacking normally, Ursula Firebrand may attack any or all figures adjacent to her. Roll each attack separately.

SEARING SPEAR SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 6. Attack 5.
After attacking with Searing Spear special attack, roll 1 attack die. If a skull is rolled, place a wound marker on Ursula Firebrand's Army Card.

ARCANE RIPOSTE
When Ursula Firebrand rolls defense dice against a normal attack, all excess shields count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure.

Ursula Firebrand is another battle mage, and is at such skilled equally in fighting in melee or wielding deadly magics from afar. When in close, she can fearlessly wield her vicious double-sided weapon to cut down all around her. Those that she doesn't strike down must contend with her Arcane Riposte, able to kill any ranged or melee attacker that dare to challenge her. For those that know the best course is to flee, she can set her Searing Spear and shoot forth a powerful gout of flame that will incinerate her target. She must be careful using it, however, since there is always a chance that some of the flames will damage her in the process.

Ursula is the last of my battle mages, this one specializing in fire magic. Like the rest, she has some cool abilities while just not being all that good. She's better than some by toting a powerful single-target special attack and a multi-attack in melee, but ultimately she will struggle as a lone hero lacking meaningful synergy who is expensive for her cost. Her Searing Spear is likely her best asset to threaten a big attack from range, but it is difficult to use too often since it can do some of your opponent's work for them.

Perhaps I'll consider uniting the cycle with some actual synergy, but that feels against the spirit of building up a cycle around Sharwin Wildborn. As always, comments are greatly appreciated!

Last edited by Ixe; September 18th, 2015 at 06:18 PM.
Old September 14th, 2015, 03:09 PM

Ursula (heh):Wow, she packs a punch. That SA's one of the strongest in the game, pure damage-wise. I like her.

~TAF, who pities the Poor Unfortunate Souls who have to go up against her

Old September 18th, 2015, 02:14 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

If you have 2 or more figures adjacent to her, can't she technically use Searing Spear to attack each one? That could be quite devastating.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old September 18th, 2015, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
If you have 2 or more figures adjacent to her, can't she technically use Searing Spear to attack each one? That could be quite devastating.
Hmm... That certainly isn't the intention but you may be right. I'll throw some "normally" in there to be safe.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards