Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Notices

View Poll Results: What is the best day to determine the results of the next Great War?
June 30th 2 16.67%
July 28th 3 25.00%
Both are fine 5 41.67%
Neither 2 16.67%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old June 14th, 2007, 01:01 AM
Tournament Director Deluxe

Satyr is surprisingly tart
1more, using all of your toys, and only your toys, worked out well last time. I'm happy not having to cart my cache to the central valley.

Utgar/Einar vs Jandar/Ullar and we draft the Vydar Mercs ???

Morning Star is game for continuing the campaign. It looks like our only free weekends in the near future are June 30th (no good for Malechi) and July 28th ... we're also tracking the end of August as free, unless my bathroom remodel goes very wrong.

Things seem so busy these days ...

Cry endgame and let slip the doggin of war.
Old June 14th, 2007, 01:42 PM

Grim knows what's in an order marker Grim knows what's in an order marker Grim knows what's in an order marker
In.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satyr
...unless my bathroom remodel goes very wrong.
These always go wrong. The only question is HOW wrong.
Old June 14th, 2007, 09:15 PM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
... It looks like our only free weekends in the near future are June 30th (no good for Malechi) and July 28th ... we're also tracking the end of August as free ...
Let's not push this too far off, otherwise it hits directly on top of the I-5 Beatdown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim
Quote:
Just ask HeH, he's been working his bathrooms for just about forever now.

Just because you're offended, it doesn't make you right.
Old June 14th, 2007, 09:44 PM

1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby!
Let's see how many can make it for July 28th. My wife can play part of June 30th, then she has to cut-out for a baby shower. I'll still throw both dates up for poll options. Malechi, can you make 7-28? And Grim, stay healthy till then okay?

Satyr. We can line up Einar & Utgar vs. Jandar & Ullar with Vydar mercenaries. I believe that was the first proposed alliances for the last event.

Every pending participant, vote on a date!

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Hymar's_Temple
1moreheroscaper's_Customs
War_of_the_Great_Wellspring
Old June 15th, 2007, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malechi
Quote:
... we're also tracking the end of August as free ...
Let's not push this too far off, otherwise it hits directly on top of the I-5 Beatdown.
Agreed! I just threw that out there, while hoping everyone could make July 28th work. If our free time does not line up I understand ...

Counting Morning Star and Mrs. 1more it looks like there are already 7 people interested.
Can the scenario handle more than 8 people ??? With more than 8 people, initial battles would have to be fought on castle maps as well as the basic terrain. I guess we could double up the basic terrain maps if need, but that doesn't leave much space

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malechi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim
Quote:
Just ask HeH, he's been working his bathrooms for just about forever now.
I’m only doin’ the big stuff (new sub floor, sink, tub, toilet, lights) ... I’m subbing out the tile and finish work. The finish work is the kinda stuff that can linger for years.

Old June 15th, 2007, 09:07 AM

1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby!
We can hold 8 people with no-problem, and I think we could go as big as 10.
My fuzzy list of people interested:

-Malechi
-Grim
-Alastair
-Satyr
-Morningstar
-1more
-Mrs. 1 more

waiting to hear from last attendees:
-Heretic
-Aloenza
-Garden Gnome

Hymar's_Temple
Old June 16th, 2007, 10:15 AM

We need to start establishing the Defending Armies for each territory for both good and evil. I would like to maintain some kind of them for the defending armies per map if possible.

Maps types (variation of the last War's maps):

-Desert
-Forest
-Lava
-Snow
-Central Mountain Pass/Spring

-Desert Castle
-Forest Castle
-Lava Castle
-Snow Castle

All Castle maps have a similar layout of a main keep with two watch towers. I plan to take pictures of all the maps this weekend.

Forces for Good
-Jandar
-Ullar
-Vydar Mercenaries

Forces for Evil
-Utgar
-Einar
-VYdar Mercenaries

I am considering the thought of extending the results of the last War to impact territory of the upcoming war. For example the Utgarian Empire crushed the Free People of Vahalla Alliance, sending all of the rebels to the outskirts of the empire or into underground communities. Now the Free People have begun to emerge again with the aid of Vydar Mercenaries. The Free People nolonger control any of the main castles in Vahalla, so there objective is to try to gain control of some of the Keeps, storage facilities, and the major supply line into the Utgarian Empire. So far, the Free People have only been able to take control of territories adjacent to the borders of the Utgarian Empire--areas once supervised by Vydar forces.

-UPCOMING UNITS: Since we will mostly have this event in late July, perhaps we will have some NEW UNITS! Also, which I doubt, but who knows--considering some of the recent activities through the official site, WE HAVE small CHANCE OF HAVING NEW TERRAIN (new master set). If by some luck of the 20-sided, the Swarm of the Marro is release a tad-bit early, we may have 2 more maps. A swamp map, and a swamp castle!

Hymar's_Temple
Old June 21st, 2007, 11:47 PM

Okay, I have started documenting some of the maps with VirtualScape.
Here are the two desert maps. The Castle map will feature a defending army of 400 pts., and the attacking army will have 600 pts.
The basic Desert map will have both armies at 600 pts. each.

Hymar's_Temple
Old June 25th, 2007, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1moreheroscaper
We need to start establishing the Defending Armies for each territory for both good and evil. I would like to maintain some kind of them for the defending armies per map if possible.
I was playing around with common based armies this past weekend and hit a wall. There are 9 maps where each side needs defending armies, for a total of 18 defending armies, but there are only 9 common ranged squads in the entire game.
  • Alliance Common Rage:
    4th Massachusetts Line
    Omnicron Snipers
    Aubrien Archers

Empire Common Range:
    Roman Archers
    Tagawa Samurai Archers
    Arrow Gruts

Vydar Common Range:
    Blastatrons
    Gorillinators
    Microcorp Agents
To implement common defending armies, common ranged units will need to be in 2 to 3 different defending armies. This assumes that the Vydar mercs can be relied upon to defend a territory. If Vydar mercs are not used to defend then a ranged common squad must be used in 3 different defending armies. Based on the last war, we have to assume that all defensive units can be played at one time … one side could get pressed into a full defensive mode.

Do you have enough common ranged figures for 600 point defending armies (not including Vydar)?

If we are defending with Vydar commons how does that work for drafting mercenaries ? Maybe we just take that into account before drafting

Any insights ???

Any way we proceed will likely limit the number of common ranged figures available to build attacking armies, which should make things interesting.

Old June 26th, 2007, 01:58 AM

Very interesting discovery. I too started drawing up some defending army armies, and discovered the some commons--in general may have to overlap for different defending territories. After for 9 maps, I actual created a 10th map, but we can cut back to 8 is it proves to work better for my overall product supply.

As range units and what I have:

6 x 4th Mass. Line (I have 2 other sets I painted as "Redcoats" available)
6 x Omnicrons
6 x Aubrien Archers
1440 points total

6 x Roman Archers
6 x Tagawa Archers
8 x Arrow Gruts
1040 points total

6 x Blastrons
5 x Gorillinators (hoping to have 6 by the time of the event)
6 x Mocrocorp Agents
1410 points total

-Jandar/Ullar will have 180 points in common range defending figures--if they are not using any in a attacking army, and this is NOT including Vydar mercenaries.

-Jandar/Einar will have 130 points in common range defending figures--if they are not using any in a attacking army, and this is NOT including Vydar mercenaries.

-If Vydar is evenly drafted between the two teams, then each player would have apporximately 175 common range points available for their attacking army--based on average point allocations used for defending armies(provided above).
ALSO, REMEMBER THAT CASTLES WILL BE DEFENDING w/ 400 pt. armies.

I figured that we would draft the Vydar mercenaries about a week before the event, and have all of the defending armies decided by then too. Perhaps complete the draft first, then create the defending armies.

I have also started to kick around the idea of predetermined glyphs--placed near the center areas of the maps. For the castle maps, I'm thinking only 1 glyph such as +1 Attack, +2 Defend, +4 Range, or +2 Movement. As for the other maps (which this may be too much, but oh it sounds so fun), I was thinking 2-3 glyphs--For example 2 glyphs of Lodin (Lucky 20) on the Forest map. Things could get crazy for the wolves, marros, elves, and vipers!

Hymar's_Temple
Old July 6th, 2007, 04:57 PM

Okay,

We should have new units and some additional old units for the upcoming event--Sorry, about the missing in action...

When my HS orders arrive we'll have these additions:

Utgar/Einar
8 x Ashigaru Spearmen
8 x Ashigaru Arquebus
1 x Roman Archers
1 X Roman Legionaires
1 x Greeks
1 x Arrow Gruts
1 x Blade Gruts

Jandar/Ullar
6 x Templar Cavalry
1 x Omnicron Snipers
1 x Armoc Vipers
1 x Venoc Vipers

Also, all of the Wave 7 heroes.
Marvel figures too, but that will have to be discussed.

My free time for the planning of this event will start on 7/16/07

Hymar's_Temple
Old July 14th, 2007, 03:31 PM

major_reisman has disabled reputation
I am interested in attending this event. I live in SF, but can drive to the location- is there still room in the event? I would also be interested in just showing up to observe, if all the playing slots are taken.

I can also bring figures, if needed.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events