Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies
Movies Not Heroscape-related.

Notices

Old May 8th, 2015, 05:12 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: Mad Max - Fury Road

Very cool Aldin.
I was just thinking the other day that I am fairly certain that I saw the Mad Max movies in reverse. Perhaps that is why I like Thunderdome where others say it is horrible.

Greatest game of all time!

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old May 8th, 2015, 10:18 PM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth

That is cool Aldin. My daughter and I both have our birthdays in the middle of May so we'll probably go see the movie together. She loved The Road Warrior.

As a side note I just posted my advanced rules for the classic board game Thunder Road over on Board Game Geek. It's the newest one under the download file section and is named Advanced Thunder Road. I think I've posted photos here on this site. If not check out the gallery for the game. My photos are the ones that show the custom game that uses modified Hot Wheel cars.

Edit: Here's the link:

http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/11...advanced-rules

Last edited by Grishnakh; May 9th, 2015 at 09:21 AM.
Old May 8th, 2015, 10:33 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

You posted the pictures here...

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old May 8th, 2015, 10:46 PM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Thanks Japes! They were posted under the GenCon thread. There's more photos on BGG.

Of course if anyone wants to play you'll need a copy of the rules, along with the game board and pieces. There's a nice redo of the rules on BGG. And several people have made their own custom version of the game.
Old May 9th, 2015, 09:24 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grishnakh View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Thanks Japes! They were posted under the GenCon thread. There's more photos on BGG.

Of course if anyone wants to play you'll need a copy of the rules, along with the game board and pieces. There's a nice redo of the rules on BGG. And several people have made their own custom version of the game.
Just a note to others, there are more pictures posted on page 5 of the GenCon thread that really show of the board so don't stop after the first post.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old May 11th, 2015, 11:27 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Just read my first review for Mad Max: Fury Road and it sounds fantastic. Here is a little part of the whole:
Spoiler Alert!
Old May 11th, 2015, 01:40 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I now see it's batting 100% after 23 reviews on Rotten Tomatoes. Really excited about this movie now.
Old May 11th, 2015, 02:35 PM
Titleless

Some of these reviews are over the top amazing. Forget the Avengers, this is the movie I'm most excited about!
Old May 11th, 2015, 02:42 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grishnakh View Post
Some of these reviews are over the top amazing. Forget the Avengers, this is the movie I'm most excited about!
Since I've already seen the new Avengers, I'll say this is the movie I'm most excited about now!

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old May 16th, 2015, 03:57 AM
C3G Landlord

Caught it on Friday, it did not disappoint. Pretty much everything you want from a Mad Max movie. Worth seeing on the big screen. Even a couple of cool 3-D parts and I'm not usually all that impressed by 3-D.

Only one complaint.
Spoiler Alert!
Old May 18th, 2015, 09:44 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Amazing stuff! Kinda hard to fathom what felt like, in a lot of ways, one continuous scene. Felt very much like a comic book - in a good way. Very visual storytelling. Happy to have seen it opening weekend on the big screen, even though in a lot of ways it's a difficult movie to spoil. Speaking of which...

Spoiler Alert!

~Aldin, thinking that Tom Hardy is acceptable but that Mel Gibson was superior in the role

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old June 12th, 2015, 05:10 PM
Titleless

I realized that I never came back here to voice my amazement at this film. There are movies, and then there are films. To me this was cinema at it's finest. I'm amazed that a film maker actually got to make a big budget film in today's corporate movie industry climate that tells you a story using the visual aspect of the media, rather than bombard you with exposition laden dialog as most movies these days do.

Wow, wonderful stuff. And what a concept: Film as an Art form. I heard tell of that back in film school. Never thought I'd see another film like it again in my lifetime. Thank you Mr. Miller.

I really like this quote from Bill Hader:

"I think the person who said it the best was Matt Stone from South Park. I go", “Did you see Mad Max?” and he goes, “Yeah.”

“Well what’d you think of it?”

He said, “Going to see it for the third time, I’m wearing a suit.”

Yep. That sums it up quite nicely.

If you haven't seen this yet go, before the CGI f__k fest that's Jurassic World runs it out of your local theater.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies