Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old August 18th, 2011, 11:49 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Shadow King - Design

Also, you could just get rid of the bit about Shadow King having to start back there after a figure he's possessing is destroyed and just keep it as the only way to destroy him. That way, it wouldn't matter if the glyph was turtled on or not.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 18th, 2011, 11:57 PM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I really thought that the Mental Duel power captured the theme of a battle taking place off the battlefield (aka Astral Plane) between Shadow King and another Telepath in a clean way. If the name is lackluster it could be "themed up" a bit.

Psychic Duel
Battle On The Astral Plane
Etc.
Old August 18th, 2011, 11:57 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

EDIT: Scratch that, it's late, I just reread the design.
Old August 19th, 2011, 12:00 AM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

They wouldn't have to have a Telepath to take him out. It would just give them an advantage. He can be engaged while he is on the battlefield and attacked. Which if he is the last figure in your army you won't be able to use his possession power and he'll be forced to duke it out on the battlefield.
Old August 19th, 2011, 12:03 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Pig View Post
They wouldn't have to have a Telepath to take him out. It would just give them an advantage. He can be engaged while he is on the battlefield and attacked. Which if he is the last figure in your army you won't be able to use his possession power and he'll be forced to duke it out on the battlefield.
That's I realized that. It's late. Sorry about that. I'm trying to puzzle over what we would need to change about the design here.
Old August 19th, 2011, 12:04 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Don't get me wrong, as I posted before, I really like what you have here and I think it's thematically accurate and really good. I just saw an opportunity to push the envelope with innovative mechanics. It doesn't seem like the brainstorms I'm having are doing it for you, though, so I'll drop it.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 19th, 2011, 12:05 AM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

The problem with this guy taking figures into the astral plane is he doesn't really do that. It is a battle of the minds/spirits, not physical bodies. So removing the body from the board is a theme fail in a big way.

Sorry for not posting my ideas in a writeup. I had to take care of some family plans and now that I am home, I am trying to catch up really quick on the boards so I can rest. I have some type of virus and I am sick as a dog right now.
Old August 19th, 2011, 12:08 AM

Yeah, the wife and I have been a bit under the weather lately too. Sorry to hear you're not feeling well, man!

Old August 19th, 2011, 12:20 AM

Hope you both feel better.

I would love to push the envelope with this design. I'm just having a hard time seeing how to do it in a simple/clean way and maintain the theme. Griffin's earlier post about making Shadow King the actual "man" did pique my interest though. Finding a way to differentiate him from other mind controlling heroes would probably be the challenge with that approach.

Maybe after the fez guy is destroyed (and you can choose to destroy fez guy whenever you want) he takes on a new body (unique hero), but part of him (a marker) still remains in effect with the new host. That marker can continually be passed to a new hero.
Old August 19th, 2011, 01:45 AM

Was thinking about this one for awhile and here's a new take on it based off the figure in the OP with the fez. The basic concept is he starts out as the Egyptian guy and then the marker (Shadow King) can transfer to a new body after Farouk is destroyed. There's a few wrinkles in the wording and such, but I think the concept is sound and worth considering.

Quote:
Shadow King
Amahl Farouk

Mutant
Event Hero
Telepath
Greedy
Medium 5

Life 5
Move 5
Range 4
Defense 4
Attack 4
Points 350?

Corporeal Host
Start the game with a black Possession marker on this card. For this game you control this marker regardless of which Army Card it is placed on. After a figure with a Possession marker you control is destroyed and before removing the figure from the battlefield, you may choose a Unique Hero within 6 spaces to be Shadow King's Possessed Hero. Place your Possession Marker on the Possessed Hero's Army Card. After revealing an Order Marker on Shadow King's card you may take a turn with the Possessed Hero. While taking a turn with the Possessed Hero, you control it for the duration of its turn. At the end of its turn, control of the Possessed Hero returns to its previous owner. All Order Markers that were on the figure's Army Card will stay on the Army Card.

Psychic Battle
Instead of attacking, an opponent's Unique Telepath Hero within 4 spaces of Shadow King or Shadow King's Possessed Hero may initiate a Psychic Battle. Each player must roll the 20-sided die. Add 3 to the result if the Hero has the Psychic Defense X special power. If your opponent rolls the lower result their Telepath Hero receives 4 wounds. If you roll the lower result destroy the Possession Marker.
Old August 19th, 2011, 08:43 AM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

I think that is heading in the right direction GP. It needs a DnD wash (as in scrubbing it clean of its DnD feel), but we can work that out. I wish I felt better. TacoBell sucks. Me, Mrs. Griff, and two Grifflings got sick.... and I initiated a health inspection there this morning by calling the health inspector.
Old August 19th, 2011, 12:32 PM

Why not take advantage of the work you've done in the OP and of there being two distinct sculpts in that mini? You could do an Amahl Farouk card with like one power, and make him a Thief or a Crime Lord or something and then do a separate Shadow King card and use the Shadow King figure as the actual marker.
Something like this:

AMAHL FAROUK

HUMAN
UNIQUE HERO
CRIME LORD (or THIEF)
SUBSERVIENT
MEDIUM 5

4 Life
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 3
Defense 3

SHADOW KING'S HOST
Amahl Farouk cannot be drafted into any army without Shadow King. Start the game with Shadow King's figure on this card. If Shadow King is destroyed, Amahl Farouk is automatically destroyed.

And then:

SHADOW KING

ENTITY
EVENT HERO
TELEPATH
INSATIABLE
MEDIUM 5

Life 8
Move 0
Range 4
Attack 5
Defense 6

ASTRAL PLANE
At the start of the game, choose a different figure you control to be Shadow King's Host Body and place Shadow King's figure on the chosen figure's Army Card. If you control Amahl Farouk, he most be the Host Body. Shadow King's figure is never placed on the battlefield.

POSSESSION
After moving and instead of attacking, you may choose a Unique Hero without the Mental Shield special power that is within 4 clear sight spaces of Shadow King's Host Body. Place Shadow King's figure on the chosen figure's card and take control of the chosen figure and its card. The chosen figure is now Shadow King's new Host Body. After revealing an Order Marker on this card and instead of taking a turn with Shadow King, you may take a turn with his Host Body. You remain in control of the Host Body until Shadow King is destroyed or you choose a new Host Body, at which point control of the Host Body returns to its previous owner. Order Markers that were on the figure's Army Card will stay on the Army Card.

MENTAL DUEL
If Shadow King's Host Body would roll attack dice against a Telepath within 4 clear sight spaces, you may attack with Shadow King instead. If Shadow King's Host Body is attacked by a Telepath, you must roll defense dice with Shadow King, instead of the Host Body. Any wounds a Host Body would receive from a Telepath's attack or special power are inflicted on Shadow King instead.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library