Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old April 4th, 2013, 04:32 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
Re: Dignan's Customs - New Unit 3/31

Perhaps if you said "consecutively adjacent spaces" rather than "consecutive spaces". The way it's written could be interpreted as choosing the spaces consecutively, i.e. one after the other, with no other restrictions.
Old April 4th, 2013, 06:01 PM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Perhaps if you said "consecutively adjacent spaces" rather than "consecutive spaces". The way it's written could be interpreted as choosing the spaces consecutively, i.e. one after the other, with no other restrictions.
Yeah, I see what you are saying. Based on the technical definitions of the word, I think the wording is "ok", maybe.

con·sec·u·tive
/kənˈsekyətiv/
Adjective
Following continuously.
In unbroken or logical sequence.

con·tin·u·ous (kn-tny-s)
adj.
1. Uninterrupted in time, sequence, substance, or extent.
2. Attached together in repeated units: a continuous form fed into a printer.

It's a tough call. The ability is already pretty wordy. I'm just trying to keep it as succinct as possible.

Dignan's Maps - Dignan's Multiplayer Maps
Competitive Unit Congress
"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old April 4th, 2013, 10:42 PM
No good deed goes unpunished

greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness

fwiw, I think that consecutive spaces is just fine. I don't see anyone interpreting it the way superfrog says they can unless they are actively trying to bend the rules. I really like this guy by the way. Very well done!

Tournament Armies Played - C3VRP - Customs - Trades

I'm Krug in the Paradox Keep and Augamo on the Sacred Tundra.

Last edited by greygnarl; April 14th, 2013 at 04:14 PM.
Old April 14th, 2013, 03:39 PM

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!
Re: Dignan's Customs - New Unit 4/14

Update 4/14

Here's another custom for the D&D minis line. This figure is just perfect for Heroscape. He sits just right on a peanut base and is virtually straight up and down so he is easy to fit on the battlefield. Plus he looks the part.

The theme behind his attack is that his strike is ice cold and it actually shatters the enemy into ice shrapnel. The larger the enemy, the larger and more dangerous the shrapnel (hence the plus 6 on the roll for larger figures). I hope it make sense (both thematically and from a gameplay perspective).

Unit: Bolverk
Date Uploaded: 4/14/13

"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old April 14th, 2013, 04:13 PM

bobinchese knows what's in an order marker bobinchese knows what's in an order marker bobinchese knows what's in an order marker

Love your customs keep up the good work!

bobinchese is Otonashi...
in the Immortal Cave...
Old April 14th, 2013, 05:19 PM

bacchus knows what's in an order marker bacchus knows what's in an order marker bacchus knows what's in an order marker

I enjoy his theme, he looks really good. I was thinking a good strategy could be to rush to opposing start zone and try and smash them up early. Hmmm... against an army that consists of several army cards that could actually be devastating, because he has such strong staying power it would be hard to prevent.
Old April 14th, 2013, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacchus View Post
I enjoy his theme, he looks really good. I was thinking a good strategy could be to rush to opposing start zone and try and smash them up early. Hmmm... against an army that consists of several army cards that could actually be devastating, because he has such strong staying power it would be hard to prevent.
Yeah, he needs to close quickly to have a chance to make up his points. Being double based and walking, he can get tied up easily. Risking a few leaving engagements is dicey with each life point being worth 33 points. Shattering Strike is pretty iffy, but a lot of fun. I tend to be terrible with the D20 so it always seems to perform poorly for me .

Old April 14th, 2013, 06:22 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

That's a cool custom, he's a real powerhouse! 6 life and 7 defense is the highest Life/Defense combo I believe. Plus, Swirling Blizzard makes it even harder for the opponent to damage him!

Shattering Strike is a neat power, it seems really powerful though. Is Bolverk affected by his own Shattering Strike? That would certainly keep his points down a ton (and makes my worries of him being overpowered disappear). This is a very unique and fun looking custom overall, great job.
Old April 14th, 2013, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
That's a cool custom, he's a real powerhouse! 6 life and 7 defense is the highest Life/Defense combo I believe. Plus, Swirling Blizzard makes it even harder for the opponent to damage him!
Well, I was trying to give him some staying power since he is a melee only. In testing, we were bouncing between 6 and 7 defense on this guy. Sometimes he seemed impossible to kill and other times he went down pretty easily (such is the way of things in Heroscape). We thought 7 was good for this guy. He basically sticks around twice as long as Brunak.

The reasoning behind Swirling Blizzard was to balance him for tournament builds a little. He was real strong against melee, but ranged armies were able to space out and avoid too many hits. I'm kinda of biased against ranged builds and I wanted to give him a little protection from the dominate units in the tournament scene.

Quote:
Shattering Strike is a neat power, it seems really powerful though. Is Bolverk affected by his own Shattering Strike? That would certainly keep his points down a ton (and makes my worries of him being overpowered disappear). This is a very unique and fun looking custom overall, great job.
The power hasn't been too crazy when we've played it. If you kill a medium sized figure and there are three other single wound guys in the area, odds are you'll kill one more. This would happen against melee builds, but ranged builds rarely got hit with 4 guys all within 2 clear sight of each other. Of course, it is also map dependent, etc.

We'll continue to play him and I might make some stat tweaks, but I thought he was close enough to finished that it was worth posting him up.

Last edited by Dignan; April 14th, 2013 at 08:01 PM. Reason: Removed the comparison to Q9 because I forgot his stats...
Old April 14th, 2013, 07:27 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Q9 has 7 defense, not 9. Unless you play him with Raelin, of course.
Old April 14th, 2013, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Q9 has 7 defense, not 9. Unless you play him with Raelin, of course.
Of course, you are correct. I guess my mine shut off while I was typing that.

Old April 14th, 2013, 08:10 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Nice custom, Dignan - and I actually have this one!

These customs allowed in the Richardson Open, or just the CUC stuff?

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards